Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

Mojo31 03-11-22 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22435939)
Lake? They have bottoms. Hard to see the line to keep straight though.

Also the ocean does have a bottom. Just also sharks.

How do you know there is a bottom if you can’t see it?

Mojo31 03-11-22 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22435948)

Humbug.

Bah Humbug 03-11-22 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22435950)
How do you know there is a bottom if you can’t see it?

Can walk on it sometimes when you can't even see it. Some of the IM courses you can walk the whole thing in the water, just not probably in the time limit.

datlas 03-11-22 05:05 PM

They are predicting enough of a storm tomorrow that I decided to put the Fit and the Saturn in the garage.

Whst was that about summer coming? Phooey.

genejockey 03-11-22 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22435948)

Sumer is icumen in
Lhude sing cuccu
Groweŝ sed
and bloweŝ med
and springŝ ŝe wde nu
Sing cuccu

Bah Humbug 03-11-22 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22435967)
Sumer is icumen in
Lhude sing cuccu
Groweŝ sed
and bloweŝ med
and springŝ ŝe wde nu
Sing cuccu

You just outgeeked me. :beer:

bampilot06 03-11-22 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22435946)
Why not Charlotte? Has she been there?

we lived there for 2 years. I was never home and she had to deal with the pregnancy all alone. So, she doesn’t like Charlotte.

big john 03-11-22 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22435975)
we lived there for 2 years. I was never home and she had to deal with the pregnancy all alone. So, she doesn’t like Charlotte.

I see.

datlas 03-11-22 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22435972)
You just outgeeked me. :beer:

Speaking of which, did you notice my Mandelbrot reference in the fractal vice posting? I was hoping someone would get it.

Bah Humbug 03-11-22 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22435985)
Speaking of which, did you notice my Mandelbrot reference in the fractal vice posting? I was hoping someone would get it.

I do know it, yes. Learned at about 8… :)

Trsnrtr 03-11-22 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22435955)
They are predicting enough of a storm tomorrow that I decided to put the Fit and the Saturn in the garage.

Whst was that about summer coming? Phooey.

Our overnight total ranged from 3” to 6” in our area. Now, the only wind is howling and temps are going to single digits by morning. Start to warm up on Sunday, hopefully. :rolleyes:

abshipp 03-11-22 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22434097)
If the code doesn't come back don't worry about it. Can you enter the code in your scan tool and see the "since code cleared" page? Or "last test passed/failed"?

With variable valve timing and chain tensioners there are lots of variables. Chain could be stretched and only fail the code test under certain conditions.

80K doesn't seem like a lot of miles for that engine. Was it a new crate engine from GM or was it rebuilt?

Oh, if the chain skipped a tooth it wouldn't run right,

I looked at my invoice and it doesn't say whether it was new or rebuilt. Total cost was about $7k if I remember correctly. Luckily all the work was done a mere 2 weeks from the end of factory warranty. Original engine had 42k on it when it was replaced.

I had the same pending code Tuesday morning which really worried me, but it hasn't returned since. Fingers crossed.

abshipp 03-11-22 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22435035)
I saw a film last night of a guy catching an 8’ plus catfish that weighed 230 pounds. When I lived in IL, the harbor master at our sailing club fished for catfish at the dam. He caught stuff that was too big to bring on the boat so he just drug them behind his boat, and then pull them up on the shore to clean. He caught 5 footers pretty regularly.

My folks grew up in Quincy IL on the Mississippi, at Lock and Dam #21. My grandfather always likes to talk about how maintenance divers at the dam would pretty regularly see gigantic catfish below it.

big john 03-11-22 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 22436009)
I looked at my invoice and it doesn't say whether it was new or rebuilt. Total cost was about $7k if I remember correctly. Luckily all the work was done a mere 2 weeks from the end of factory warranty. Original engine had 42k on it when it was replaced.

I had a the same pending code Tuesday morning which really worried me, but it hasn't returned since. Fingers crossed.

Good luck!

abshipp 03-11-22 07:04 PM

On Tuesday I ceramic coated my Holdsworth at work. It requires a minimum 24hr cure time so since weather has been pretty wet this week I just left it at the shop until today. I cleaned everything and reassembled it and it feels like an almost brand new bike :). The ceramic coating is wild, it makes the paint feel incredibly smooth and visually it looks like another clear coat was applied. Covers up small scratches and for my bike I feel like it deepened all the colors plus made them more vibrant.

Also have a new Praxis crank and BB on the way :bday: I really wanted the Zayante-S but they were out of stock in everything but a 48/32. Ended up with an Alba with 52/36 chainrings in 175mm. I almost bought an R8000 crank in 50/34 that we had at the shop but in thinking about my power meter options the most affordable ones would require me to send the left arm out for a month or so, plus aesthetically I'm not the biggest fan of that crank. The Praxis option was significantly cheaper and it will give me a good option for adding a power meter in the future without any downtime. It also looks really cool.

Should be here next friday!

seedsbelize2 03-11-22 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22435723)
That sounds awful. What's involved in the rehab, is it PT?

Well it was going to be a combination of chiropractics and physiotherapy, but the cost was too high. Then I remembered the system that got me out of low back pain in the past, and decided to jump back into that. Foundation Training, based in Santa Barbara. I was doing it daily for a long time, and then stopped, for unknown reasons. To my detriment.

Mojo31 03-11-22 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 22436012)
My folks grew up in Quincy IL on the Mississippi, at Lock and Dam #21. My grandfather always likes to talk about how maintenance divers at the dam would pretty regularly see gigantic catfish below it.

There were reports from divers inspecting the bridge piles in STL seeing the same thing when I lived there.

Mojo31 03-11-22 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 22436029)
On Tuesday I ceramic coated my Holdsworth at work. It requires a minimum 24hr cure time so since weather has been pretty wet this week I just left it at the shop until today. I cleaned everything and reassembled it and it feels like an almost brand new bike :). The ceramic coating is wild, it makes the paint feel incredibly smooth and visually it looks like another clear coat was applied. Covers up small scratches and for my bike I feel like it deepened all the colors plus made them more vibrant.

Also have a new Praxis crank and BB on the way :bday: I really wanted the Zayante-S but they were out of stock in everything but a 48/32. Ended up with an Alba with 52/36 chainrings in 175mm. I almost bought an R8000 crank in 50/34 that we had at the shop but in thinking about my power meter options the most affordable ones would require me to send the left arm out for a month or so, plus aesthetically I'm not the biggest fan of that crank. The Praxis option was significantly cheaper and it will give me a good option for adding a power meter in the future without any downtime. It also looks really cool.

Should be here next friday!

Put the BBinfiniti Ceramitech BB on the Domane last week. Also 12/14T jockey wheels with ceramic bearings.

No more clicking noises and very smooth BB, and shifts seem a bit more crisp after one 30 mile ride.

Might be my imagination though. More time in the saddle will tell.

seedsbelize2 03-11-22 09:14 PM

It was 98 degrees F today. Tomorrow promises more of the same.

datlas 03-12-22 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22436134)
It was 98 degrees F today. Tomorrow promises more of the same.

Hot

indyfabz 03-12-22 07:00 AM

Was sooo confident of a 3 I didn’t stop to think.

Wordle 266 4/6

⬜🟩🟨⬜🟨
🟩🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

datlas 03-12-22 07:44 AM

It’s snowing. :notamused:

rjones28 03-12-22 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22436314)

Same.

LAJ 03-12-22 08:09 AM

I was lost until I wasn't.

Wordle 266 4/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

datlas 03-12-22 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22436314)

Now it's snowing sideways! :twitchy: