Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

BillyD 03-25-22 05:45 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22450082)
Can Arizona hang on as the last 1 seed?

Nyet. I keep telling people, getting ranked number one is a curse. Even if you donít come in overconfident, all your opponents are geared up to play their best game against you. Theyíve been scouting you for weeks. You canít afford to have a bad day.

Your best bet is to come in as a twelve. Or fifteen. :lol:

Trsnrtr 03-25-22 06:18 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22450056)
Fortunately, the snow didn't stick around and I got in an IRL ride today.

:bday:

indyfabz 03-25-22 07:13 AM

So...I arrive at work this morning to discover that REI shipped me two of the same tent I ordered in two separate boxes. On top of that, both packing slips, which have the same order numbers, show me being charged full price for each, without the coupon or dividend applied. But the person I spoke with tells me my card was only charged once for a price that did not included the coupon applied. So now I have to make sure that I was given a roughly $78 credit for the coupon on my next CC bill and make sure I was not actually charged for the second tent.

REI is going to send me a return label for the second tent. I have half a mind to keep it for my inconvenience and see what happens.

#EpicOnLineOrderFail

datlas 03-25-22 07:17 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22450376)
So...I arrive at work this morning to discover that REI shipped me two of the same tent I ordered in two separate boxes. On top of that, both packing slips, which have the same order numbers, show me being charged full price for each, without the coupon or dividend applied. But the person I spoke with tells me my card was only charged once for a price that did not included the coupon applied. So now I have to make sure that I was given a roughly $78 credit for the coupon on my next CC bill and make sure I was not actually charged for the second tent.

REI is going to send me a return label for the second tent. I have half a mind to keep it for my inconvenience and see what happens.

#EpicOnLineOrderFail

Maybe it's a BOGO?

indyfabz 03-25-22 07:23 AM

I have ridden a total of a metric century since the start of the year.

I will have the first two weekends in April to get in real rides before my long weekend trip, which is scheduled to start Holy Thursday. (Tomorrow and Sunday are supposed to be crappy.) If that doesn't happen, it's going to be a suffer-fest.

Bah Humbug 03-25-22 07:39 AM

Hoo-ee that one had me worried.

Wordle 279 3/6

⬛⬛🟨⬛🟨
⬛🟨⬛🟨⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

big john 03-25-22 07:42 AM

Wordle 279 3/6

⬜🟨⬜🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟨🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

indyfabz 03-25-22 07:54 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22450378)
Maybe it's a BOGO?

More like crappy customer service. Checked with my bank to confirm that I was not charged for either tent at full price. There is only one charge. Once REI gives me the credit for the sale price, everything will be correct. But I hate having to clear up crap like this.

Can I interest you in a NIB, UL tent? Only 2.8 lbs. packed weight.

indyfabz 03-25-22 07:57 AM

I have been sucking lately.

Wordle 279 5/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Mojo31 03-25-22 08:11 AM

Struggled.

Wordle 279 5/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨
⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟨🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟨🟩⬜🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

datlas 03-25-22 08:20 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22450425)
I have been sucking lately.

Wordle 279 5/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Embrace the mediocrity. That's my strategy.

#Winning

datlas 03-25-22 08:26 AM

It is SO TEMPTING to do a parody thread about appear/disappear. But I will take the high road. :innocent:

indyfabz 03-25-22 08:40 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22450452)
It is SO TEMPTING to do a parody thread about appear/disappear. But I will take the high road. :innocent:

Elaborate.

datlas 03-25-22 08:46 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22450470)
Elaborate.

I would, but I think I may still be on double secret probation.

big john 03-25-22 08:47 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22450452)
It is SO TEMPTING to do a parody thread about appear/disappear. But I will take the high road. :innocent:

I liked that post about how his bike disappeared after meticulously balancing the wheels.

indyfabz 03-25-22 08:48 AM

People from other departments are here from our NJ office. A nice day like today is supposed to be a tights and sweatshirt day. Grrrrrr!

big john 03-25-22 08:48 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22450476)
I would, but I think I may still be on double secret probation.

https://tse2.explicit.bing.net/th?id...=0&w=232&h=168

datlas 03-25-22 08:49 AM

I had a bike disappear back when I lived in Baltimore but that was theft. That really sucked.

I would say more about these matters, but I do NOT want to mysteriously disappear. :innocent:

datlas 03-25-22 09:21 AM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22450481)

Did the picture, ahem, disappear??

Mojo31 03-25-22 09:30 AM

Can you really say, "You appear to have disappeared."

datlas 03-25-22 09:56 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22450526)
Can you really say, "You appear to have disappeared."

'Twould appear so.

seedsbelize2 03-25-22 10:53 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22450376)
So...I arrive at work this morning to discover that REI shipped me two of the same tent I ordered in two separate boxes. On top of that, both packing slips, which have the same order numbers, show me being charged full price for each, without the coupon or dividend applied. But the person I spoke with tells me my card was only charged once for a price that did not included the coupon applied. So now I have to make sure that I was given a roughly $78 credit for the coupon on my next CC bill and make sure I was not actually charged for the second tent.

REI is going to send me a return label for the second tent. I have half a mind to keep it for my inconvenience and see what happens.

#EpicOnLineOrderFail

Damn college kids!

BillyD 03-25-22 10:57 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22450452)
It is SO TEMPTING to do a parody thread about appear/disappear. But I will take the high road. :innocent:

Parody threads are one of the things that used to make this bike forum so much fun. Now days people take this cycling thing too seriously. Between pissing contests about virtually everything and trying to be the know-it-all smartest guy around, this forum has become boring and insufferable . . . . . like we're giving out prizes to subject matter experts or something. People need to burnish their self esteem somewhere else and make more room for the fun people. The mods are part of the problem, we need to stop responding to people who have no sense of humor.

I've been meaning to get that off my chest for probably ... years.

Doug, if you want to start a parody thread, be my guest.

seedsbelize2 03-25-22 10:58 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22450482)
I had a bike disappear back when I lived in Baltimore but that was theft. That really sucked.

I would say more about these matters, but I do NOT want to mysteriously disappear. :innocent:

Redacted

datlas 03-25-22 11:03 AM

Done. I tried to make it light but relevant. Commentary on Zombie threads plus inspired by the current thread in question.

If I do disappear, don't forget about me.

datlas 03-25-22 11:04 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22450646)
Done. I tried to make it light but relevant. Commentary on Zombie threads plus inspired by the current thread in question.

If I do disappear, don't forget about me.


DougRNS 03-25-22 11:55 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22450452)
It is SO TEMPTING to do a parody thread about appear/disappear. But I will take the high road. :innocent:

good Doug's don't parody.

datlas 03-25-22 12:09 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22450726)
good Doug's don't parody.

I did it anyway. Let's call it a "Tribute" thread. Not parody. Inspired.

DougRNS 03-25-22 12:12 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22450743)
I did it anyway. Let's call it a "Tribute" thread. Not parody. Inspired.

#Rebel

datlas 03-25-22 12:14 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22450744)
#Rebel

Rebel, rebel. Your face is a mess.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:35 PM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.