Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.2 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1249389)

big john 04-04-22 08:12 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22462000)

Iíd be bored not working now, but I am enjoying three day weekends.

I got the impression you enjoyed your work. Truth is I did enjoy aspects of mine, but parts of it sucked. People warned me that I would be bored and I thought it might be an issue. If I do start to feel bored I just think it's better than being at work.

Funny, one of the guys at my old job who is now over 70 is still working there, miserable as ever. I asked him why he didn't retire and he said he would get bored. I was there a few weeks ago and he said he was thinking about it again and the other guys told me he still gripes every day. He even works 7 days a week sometimes as he has keys to the shop.

ls01 04-04-22 08:13 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22461882)
Which part?


I wonder if anybody else with a 2022 madone has these troubles.

Take it back to the shop and have them show you. If they can't get it then get Trek involved. Your hobby shouldn't be that frustrating to you.

Trsnrtr 04-04-22 08:15 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22462004)
I probably mentioned my Dad retired at about 74, then within a year or so the company begged him to come back and run a line nobody else could figure out. .

I used to golf with a guy that had this happen to him. One day, he told me he wouldn't be able to play for awhile because he was going back to work for a few weeks. The large manufacturing company that he retired from was starting up a line of machines that had been modified over the years and had then been moth-balled. When it came time to start up the line, nobody knew how the machines worked. He said it was no big deal to get everything running, but the youngsters had no idea what to do.

This can happen when companies downsize or whatever. They buy out, force out, or retire off workers and they lose an incredible amount of institutional knowledge.

ls01 04-04-22 08:15 PM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22461878)
My planned 40 turned into 32 because of this nonsense


https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...e020cad73.jpeg

Thatís 2 links on this chain in the past month

I'd chuck it before you get hurt. I broke a chain once and it just about put me over the bars. I racked the boys on the stem and bruised my lower gut too.

genejockey 04-04-22 08:28 PM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22462036)
I used to golf with a guy that had this happen to him. One day, he told me he wouldn't be able to play for awhile because he was going back to work for a few weeks. The large manufacturing company that he retired from was starting up a line of machines that had been modified over the years and had then been moth-balled. When it came time to start up the line, nobody knew how the machines worked. He said it was no big deal to get everything running, but the youngsters had no idea what to do.

This can happen when companies downsize or whatever. They buy out, force out, or retire off workers and they lose an incredible amount of institutional knowledge.

Though in this case, it was a brand new line. You know those blow-molded cups with the mylar top that things like yogurt or applesauce come in? That. It was all new back then. There was, as I recall a German blowmolder, a French sterilizer and a British computer to run it all. The first run of applesauce on that line all blew up in the warehouse. So they brought Dad in to get it running because he was a problem solver. I got that from him.

big john 04-04-22 08:35 PM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22462034)
Your hobby shouldn't be that frustrating to you.

Obviously you've not seen me climb.

Velo Vol 04-04-22 08:36 PM

Bad news, BillyD


genejockey 04-04-22 08:42 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22462054)
Obviously you've not seen me climb.

You say that, but we all know you choose the rides with the climbs.

WhyFi 04-04-22 08:43 PM


Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 22462007)
Sounds like it's time for a CNC router :innocent:

Oh, I would love one... but I need about umpteen other things before we get to that.

rjones28 04-04-22 09:06 PM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22461878)
My planned 40 turned into 32 because of this nonsense


https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...e020cad73.jpeg

Thatís 2 links on this chain in the past month

Nice tool.

M19?

rjones28 04-04-22 09:15 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22462056)

Everybody knows this.

phrantic09 04-05-22 03:43 AM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22462037)
I'd chuck it before you get hurt. I broke a chain once and it just about put me over the bars. I racked the boys on the stem and bruised my lower gut too.

This one is probably on me, that appears to be the link I replaced


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22462080)
Nice tool.

M19?

Yes

ls01 04-05-22 03:44 AM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22462054)
Obviously you've not seen me climb.

lol. I'm with you on that one.

indyfabz 04-05-22 04:21 AM

Better luck next time.

Wordle 290 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟨🟨
🟨🟩🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Trsnrtr 04-05-22 05:51 AM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22462044)
Though in this case, it was a brand new line. You know those blow-molded cups with the mylar top that things like yogurt or applesauce come in? That. It was all new back then. There was, as I recall a German blowmolder, a French sterilizer and a British computer to run it all. The first run of applesauce on that line all blew up in the warehouse. So they brought Dad in to get it running because he was a problem solver. I got that from him.

Good story. :thumb:

datlas 04-05-22 06:05 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22462199)
Better luck next time.

Wordle 290 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟨🟨
🟨🟩🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I got 5 too. I seem to be a 4 or 5 guy. Very average.

datlas 04-05-22 06:06 AM

I was putting the new chain on the Habanero build and I was surprised to feel how oily the chain was. In the past, the shimano chains I used had a slightly sticky/tacky feel to them fresh from the bag, but not really oily. The new one is clearly different. When did that change?

I was pleased to see, though, that they finally got rid of the stupid break-off pin and now provide a quick link. That's progress, although Shimano says it's a one-time only use.

LesterOfPuppets 04-05-22 06:15 AM

Tre day for me.

Wordle 290 3/6

🟨⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟨🟨⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

LAJ 04-05-22 07:43 AM

I'm very good at bouncing around the correct combination.

Wordle 290 5/6

🟨⬜🟨⬜🟨
🟨🟨⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟨🟩🟩
🟩🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Mojo31 04-05-22 08:05 AM

Stumped today.

Wordle 290 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟨⬜🟨⬜🟨
⬜🟩🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

big john 04-05-22 08:24 AM

Wordle 290 6/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟨⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

datlas 04-05-22 08:50 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22462329)
Stumped today.

Wordle 290 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟨⬜🟨⬜🟨
⬜🟩🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Not truly stumped unless you can't get it in 6.

#Neverbreakthechain

Mojo31 04-05-22 08:54 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22462363)
Not truly stumped unless you can't get it in 6.

#Neverbreakthechain

That is true, but I felt personally stumped due to how long it took me to figure out the word after I had all the letters exposed.

Velo Vol 04-05-22 09:05 AM

Sometimes on my rides (e.g., yesterday) I do this short drive behind the Brown Squirrel that goes to the entrance of Dead Horse Lake Golf Course. The driving range is right by the road. This net protects most of the danger zone, but not the first part, off the tees. There's a non-zero chance I could be targeted!


https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...cc4e93e38b.png


Mojo31 04-05-22 09:12 AM

I've spent a lot of time on golf courses and driving ranges. The cart that picks up the balls is always a target for those on the range.

I've never seen anyone target a skinny dude on a bike.

BillyD 04-05-22 09:21 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22462056)

I saw that, couldn't think of anything it could be related to other than the Sue Bird/Larry Bird commercials they've been running. So dumb.

seedsbelize2 04-05-22 09:30 AM

I have yet to run across customer support as lame as GCN. I don't believe they actually read the messages. The response is the same no matter the question. Of course there's only one guy there. Adam Warnob. Somebody they picked off the street at random could do a better job.

seedsbelize2 04-05-22 09:30 AM

What other avenues are there for watching online?

Bah Humbug 04-05-22 09:59 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22462249)
I got 5 too. I seem to be a 4 or 5 guy. Very average.

You and me both. Four today; the solution came during my run.

ls01 04-05-22 10:15 AM

Zoikys!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:26 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.