Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.2 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1249389)

seedsbelize2 04-17-22 05:12 PM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22475022)
Showers Pass. $$$

There was a lightly used Showers Pass for sale over in C&V awhile ago. $50.

genejockey 04-17-22 05:13 PM

I had to drop The Older Boy off at his new job, while Mrs. GeneJockey was doing her bit as head of the Sacristy Team* at church. So I ended up driving to ride instead of riding from home. And I gout out later than I prefer, but still, it was beautiful!

I took the Canyon for its first real ride since January 1st, when I got a gig honkin' piece of glass in the tire. I managed to get rid of the squealing brakes by seriously sanding down the pads, plus I dragged the brake a bit on a couple descents. After that they were working fine. I ended up only doing 48 miles, but it was fun. The Canyon's a fast bike.

Helped out a fellow rider whose TT bike had a flat. He needed tire levers, which I always carry even though I try not to use them. I could tell it wasn't "Larry", because he had his own tube......

seedsbelize2 04-17-22 05:13 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22475299)
Ostriches and emus are seen around here in places. Zebras - not so much.

Rather have a dog chase me than an ostrich. Those beeshes are mean.

And fast.

genejockey 04-17-22 05:14 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22475424)
There was a lightly used Showers Pass for sale over in C&V awhile ago. $50.

I can't tell whether "Shower's Pass" is supposed to refer to a route across a ridge, or a cheering reminder that rain eventually stops.

Trsnrtr 04-17-22 05:17 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22475424)
There was a lightly used Showers Pass for sale over in C&V awhile ago. $50.

I’m pretty sure that the one shown is their high-end model. $$$

My wife owns one.

Mojo31 04-17-22 05:19 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22475428)
And fast.

As much as 60 mph. I canít out run that.

DougRNS 04-17-22 05:24 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22474678)
We survived our NJ trip. Here is pic of :bday: jacket.


https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...6eb578717.jpeg

that's not a French Shower is it?

big john 04-17-22 05:34 PM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22475348)
I wear bifocal wrap around glasses from the safety store. It's amazing how far they've come in clarity, styling, and quality. I think the most that I've ever paid is $20.

I used Oakley M frames until my vision got bad enough to do something. A friend gave me a pair of the bifocal safety glasses but I need the magnification on the whole lens. I tried the cheap reading glasses on the mountain bike and I could see the trail and rocks, holes, etc. so I ordered sunglasses of the same power (1.75).

Velo Vol 04-17-22 06:16 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22475336)

You're on a boat? After our talk last week?

indyfabz 04-17-22 06:24 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22475337)
You're leaving a pretty good wake considering you are on a bicycle.

Thatís actually the view from the right side of the ferry. I believe you call it port. The wind was blowing so hard a small, older woman couldnít open a front door.

Velo Vol 04-17-22 06:25 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22458581)
Suburban sprawl blows.

Photographic evidence of above, from today's ride. It would be bad enough if this were the only development in progress, but it's not. :rolleyes:


https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...79187389e4.png


I also (briefly) left the friendly confines of Knox County. :(


https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...2316c1923f.png

36 miles, 0 flybys. I don't recall even seeing another cyclist. Only a runner.

indyfabz 04-17-22 06:27 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22474997)
who makes it?

Look at the sleeve. Showers Pass. Looks like the 2.1 model. Just took off mine twenty minutes ago. Itís red. My first one was marigold.

bampilot06 04-17-22 06:30 PM

Garage door number 2 just broke. Looks like the cable came undone. :foo:

Mojo31 04-17-22 06:32 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22475492)
Thatís actually the view from the right side of the ferry. I believe you call it port. The wind was blowing so hard a small, older woman couldnít open a front door.

Right = starboard

Left = port (note 4 letters)

Velo Vol 04-17-22 06:39 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22475504)
Garage door number 2 just broke. Looks like the cable came undone. :foo:

You have two garage doors? Fancy.

Bah Humbug 04-17-22 06:42 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22475494)
Photographic evidence of above, from today's ride. It would be bad enough if this were the only development in progress, but it's not. :rolleyes:

I get it, I really do... but it's also worth remembering we're in a major housing crunch, and it's easy to complain about new development when it's not your rent skyrocketing because private equity has bought your complex, and people like me are buying the existing houses with tech salaries.

LesterOfPuppets 04-17-22 06:46 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22475504)
Garage door number 2 just broke. Looks like the cable came undone. :foo:


LesterOfPuppets 04-17-22 06:48 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22475494)
Photographic evidence of above, from today's ride. It would be bad enough if this were the only development in progress, but it's not. :rolleyes:


https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...79187389e4.png

I thought you'd be excited about the fresh slabs of bitumen.

rjones28 04-17-22 06:49 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22475494)
Photographic evidence of above, from today's ride. It would be bad enough if this were the only development in progress, but it's not. :rolleyes:


https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...79187389e4.png


I also (briefly) left the friendly confines of Knox County. :(


https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...2316c1923f.png

36 miles, 0 flybys. I don't recall even seeing another cyclist. Only a runner.

Epic

Mojo31 04-17-22 06:54 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22475515)
I get it, I really do... but it's also worth remembering we're in a major housing crunch, and it's easy to complain about new development when it's not your rent skyrocketing because private equity has bought your complex, and people like me are buying the existing houses with tech salaries.

My daughterís real estate agent told them that if they hesitate on a house they like in Austin, it will be sold before they make an offer.

Everybody is afraid of what the new Tesla factory will do to available housing.

Bah Humbug 04-17-22 06:57 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22475530)
My daughterís real estate agent told them that if they hesitate on a house they like in Austin, it will be sold before they make an offer.

Everybody is afraid of what the new Tesla factory will do to available housing.

And I'm hoping it'll make this house sell to someone who'll actually appreciate it. Worried about buying 1000 miles away since I hate the thought of buying sight unseen, but the high-six-figure houses are slower to sell, at least.

Velo Vol 04-17-22 07:07 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22475525)
I thought you'd be excited about the fresh slabs of bitumen.

That's not the real road. Heaven forbid they actually repave that. That's a road they just built to access the dumb houses-to-be.

Mojo31 04-17-22 07:09 PM

They are looking south of the river and east of Barton Creek. It’s beyond my comprehension how much 1600’ 50 year old houses are selling for.

LAJ 04-17-22 07:18 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22475530)
Everybody is afraid of the Tesla owner.

Silly people.

indyfabz 04-17-22 07:22 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22475510)
You have two garage doors? Fancy.

I donít have even one.

bampilot06 04-17-22 07:25 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22475560)
I donít have even one.


I canít help you.

indyfabz 04-17-22 07:26 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22475505)
Right = starboard

Left = port (note 4 letters)

You get to throw me out the little round window on the side, according to Captain Quint.

Trsnrtr 04-17-22 07:28 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22475543)
That's not the real road. Heaven forbid they actually repave that. That's a road they just built to access the dumb houses-to-be.

Bituminous base course looks a lot like that.

Mojo31 04-17-22 07:32 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22475564)
You get to throw me out the little round window on the side, according to Captain Quint.

Port light or fixed light?

Velo Vol 04-17-22 07:38 PM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22475567)
Bituminous base course looks a lot like that.

They're going to put another layer on top? I didn't look at it closely. Just rode up the hill far enough to get a decent picture of the carnage. I'm kind of surprised they even did that much, with all the heavy machinery yet to go in and out.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:23 PM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.