Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1254494)

MoAlpha 09-08-22 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22640826)
Was more wondering about getting the TL out, but I assume it's free running. If so, no problem.

I've done the halyard run before. It's not too bad. I attached the chain to a length of thin line such as 3/16 for a leader line, and then run the halyard. Helps a lot to put the other halyards and lines under tension so they are taught and not easily twisted around your new halyard. Usually you can feel if the new one is fouling the existing halyards. Good luck!

I have not run wire down the conduit. Will that be a challenge once the TL is properly routed? Last boat I did away with the boom topping lift and just used the vang to hold up the boom. Hated the TL always flopping around the main roach.

The wire is in and everything is working as far as I know. The electrician and his rigger were getting the wire caught in those cracks at the ends of the conduit. I ran new coax for the VHF from the deck a few years ago and it wasn't too bad, even with the TL in there, so maybe the bottom crack is new..

As you say about running the new topping lift, but have just dropped the halyard directly with the chain on it. I have an LED anchor light which doesn't suck 2A like the masthead and and a cell booster antenna which I like to run up on the lift with the main halyard. Otherwise I just ease it to sail and snug it up when I put the boat away. It would also work as a jury main halyard.

seedsbelize2 09-08-22 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22640588)
I hope that wasn't a spoiler.

So the queen is really dead. RIP

seedsbelize2 09-08-22 06:00 PM

Daily afternoon thunderstorms for the last two months. Today, to change things up, we're getting an extended soaker.

big john 09-08-22 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22640976)
Daily afternoon thunderstorms for the last two months. Today, to change things up, we're getting an extended soaker.

We felt the first effects of Hurricane Kay today. Clouds came in and the temperature dropped to under 100 for most of the day.
It's been downgraded to a tropical storm but may bring more relief the next few days. I heard it's been raining in Baja.

rjones28 09-08-22 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22640783)
Golf should be more popular. Yes?

No

indyfabz 09-08-22 07:54 PM

Not the best photo, but the moon rising above the Allegheny River at my campsite just south of Franklin.

57 tough but most pretty miles.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...ebb788d3e.jpeg

datlas 09-09-22 05:46 AM

Another 4/6 day for me.

TGIF

Mojo31 09-09-22 06:09 AM

Same.

WhyFi 09-09-22 06:34 AM

Looking like I might get rained out today. I'd actually kind of welcome that - I've gotten out on rides each of the last ten days and probably should take a day off, but won't unless forced to.

abshipp 09-09-22 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22641288)
Looking like I might get rained out today. I'd actually kind of welcome that - I've gotten out on rides each of the last ten days and probably should take a day off, but won't unless forced to.

Tomorrow will be my first Saturday off of work in over six months.

Rain all day :notamused:

seedsbelize2 09-09-22 06:44 AM

Wordle 447 3/6
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

seedsbelize2 09-09-22 06:51 AM

I haven't ridden in a week, at least. Too damn busy with other stuff. And September is the worst month for humidity, so I can be happy doing other stuff. It appears the long soaker we got yesterday, flooded Merida's downtown. Yet again. A city center with nowhere for the water to go, except up. All sorts of effluvium moving around in those waters. Yuck.

WhyFi 09-09-22 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 22641290)
Tomorrow will be my first Saturday off of work in over six months.

Rain all day :notamused:

Well, that's the other side of the coin. :o

big john 09-09-22 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22641259)
Same.

Same.

Eric F 09-09-22 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22641303)
Wordle 447 3/6
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

4/6 for me.

phrantic09 09-09-22 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22641288)

Iím struggling with motivation this week. Was up at 4 today, ready to go at 4:30 so I could get 28ish in before my daughter woke up and just didnít go. Maybe Iíll go later.

Iím doing a 5K tomorrow with both of them, my goal for them is to break 30, we will see. Iíll probably go for a ride in the morning before the run.

primov8 09-09-22 09:38 AM

Sold the Helix and have the R500 in the box in the hopes of Campagnolo finally going wireless next year. In the midst of it all, I'm going to be building up my first steel road bike. The biggest surprise came this morning while I was online browsing/shopping for the steel bike build. My wife comes over and say.. "babe, any upgrades for my Liv? Of course... carbon wheelset coming soon. :D

Mojo31 09-09-22 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by primov8 (Post 22641482)
Sold the Helix and have the R500 in the box in the hopes of Campagnolo finally going wireless next year. In the midst of it all, I'm going to be building up my first steel road bike. The biggest surprise came this morning while I was online browsing/shopping for the steel bike build. My wife comes over and say.. "babe, any upgrades for my Liv? Of course... carbon wheelset coming soon. :D

On the other hand, my wife wants nothing to do with carbon wheels or any other upgrade on her Roubaix. I don't get it.

sshakari 09-09-22 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by primov8 (Post 22641482)

I was looking at r500 & helix and they are nice bikes. While shopping around I got a steel rim brake frame to build up. Its nice to have a wife who understands and rides!

DougRNS 09-09-22 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22640783)
Golf should be more popular. Yes?

you should be more popular

datlas 09-09-22 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22641520)
you should be more popular

Notice my tagline (above my picture)?

:innocent:

datlas 09-09-22 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22641515)
On the other hand, my wife wants nothing to do with carbon wheels or any other upgrade on her Roubaix. I don't get it.

That's weird.

WhyFi 09-09-22 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22641515)

That would be tacit approval of never-ending blingie bike upgrades, obv.

Mojo31 09-09-22 11:32 AM

I'm okay with it. Leaves more money for my needs. Maybe.

genejockey 09-09-22 11:35 AM

I haven't ridden since Sunday, what with temps > 95 every damn day. I HOPE to ride today, so I stuffed the Lightspeed in the Dodge, brought my "bike togs" to work, etc. Now my right knee is bothering me, and I don't know why. But if I don't get to ride, I may just asplode like a crabon fiber frame.