Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.4 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1239811)

big john 11-03-21 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22294549)
This is another confirmation why I will probably live in So Cal for the rest of my life.

These are the days when it pays off, when the horrible summer is over. I will say that this past summer wasn't as bad as some others. Plus, I no longer have to work on cars when it's over 100.
Today I climbed May Canyon, it's over 2000 feet in 5 miles, and it was beautiful with views over the San Fernando Valley and the Santa Clarita Valley. It's about 80 degrees now. It would be hard to give up.

big john 11-03-21 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22294789)
. You can eat too much of anything, and you can certainly eat too much of everything!

Now you're playing my tune.

Eric F 11-03-21 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22294791)
These are the days when it pays off, when the horrible summer is over. I will say that this past summer wasn't as bad as some others. Plus, I no longer have to work on cars when it's over 100.
Today I climbed May Canyon, it's over 2000 feet in 5 miles, and it was beautiful with views over the San Fernando Valley and the Santa Clarita Valley. It's about 80 degrees now. It would be hard to give up.

Zactly!

Velo Vol 11-03-21 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22294729)
Consider my post a public retraction of anything anyone ever published that bothered you.

Do you really mean it though?

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22294763)
Eggs are fine in moderation.

Define.

Velo Vol 11-03-21 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by trsnrtr (Post 22294773)
i just left tennessee this morning and drove through that interstate nightmare called nashville.

:(

Originally Posted by mojo31 (Post 22294788)
i'm just flying in one evening, and taking the depo the next day with a flight back after i'm done. Quick in and out.

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22294791)
these are the days when it pays off, when the horrible summer is over.

BillyD 11-03-21 05:05 PM

Eggs are fine in moderation.

That’s how I roll, hence not every day.

BillyD 11-03-21 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22294788)
I'm just flying in one evening, and taking the depo the next day with a flight back after I'm done. Quick in and out.

They'll barely know I'm there.

God help me if I hear banjos.

Correct.

MoAlpha 11-03-21 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22294822)
Do you really mean it though?

Of course I do, dear comrade!

Tell Sarah and David I love them and want to be a constitutional ninja when I grow up.

datlas 11-03-21 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22294822)

Define.

Gotta be flexible. One or two daily is reasonable. If you want more I would suggest 2:1 white:yolk. YMMV.

seedsbelize2 11-03-21 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22294631)
We have a big Kitchenaid stand mixer with dough hook, but I feel like I should be a little more hands-on until I get a better feel for what I'm doing.

Food processors are great for pie crusts, though... :innocent:

They can't be beat for hummus.

WhyFi 11-03-21 05:50 PM

Eggs are fine in moderation. We are friendly with a family that have a farm about 10 minutes away from here and we get our eggs from them. The taste is much better than supermarket eggs.

The difference between cheap supermarket eggs and good eggs is pretty huge. We used to get some eggs from a group of smaller farms in the region, but even those have slipped in quality lately, enough so that we don't go out of our way and pay the premium for them, anymore. Out of the brands with broad availability, Vital Farms have been consistently very good, though - good flavor and nice, deep yellow-orange yolks (I can't stand the pale, flavorless yolks of cheap eggs).

This reminds me that we haven't been members of a CSA since moving back to MN, though. I might have to look in to that and see if I can find one with egg shares in addition to veggies.

WhyFi 11-03-21 05:59 PM

Question for the Zwifters: do you get the same experience points for these big group training rides as you do for regular solo rides (30XP/mile, IIRC)?

I was just looking through Strava and saw some rides with 100+ people and average speeds in the region of 25mph. Seems like a flat course in a big ol' peloton would be a good way to rack up miles and XP.

bampilot06 11-03-21 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22294879)
Question for the Zwifters: do you get the same experience points for these big group training rides as you do for regular solo rides (30XP/mile, IIRC)?

I was just looking through Strava and saw some rides with 100+ people and average speeds in the region of 25mph. Seems like a flat course in a big ol' peloton would be a good way to rack up miles and XP.

Also, How the hell do you do just a flat course? I picked watopia, and a route that said very little elevation change. I spent 30 mins climbing.

Velo Vol 11-03-21 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22294856)
Tell Sarah and David I love them and want to be a constitutional ninja when I grow up.

I haven't decided I'm going.

Cost: pain of journeying at 5 p.m. and parking
Benefit: unknown Q & A availability

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22294861)
Gotta be flexible. One or two daily is reasonable. If you want more I would suggest 2:1 white:yolk. YMMV.

I don't think one or two a day is moderate. We need to egg-shame WhyFi

bampilot06 11-03-21 06:10 PM

Bike has started shifting wonky.

Cervelo has 8000 miles on it I think, could the cable be the problem? As of this moment it is only happening on the wahoo. The original cassette is on the wahoo, so it might be worn out.

WhyFi 11-03-21 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22294888)
Also, How the hell do you do just a flat course? I picked watopia, and a route that said very little elevation change. I spent 30 mins climbing.

Some of them have "Flat" or "Hilly" or similar in the name, but you can always look at the course info - they all have distance and elevation gain.

Oh, and maybe it was just me, but I feel like the boardwalk planks and the gravel roads also slow you down quite a bit (too much, maybe), at least on a road bike.

bampilot06 11-03-21 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22294898)
Some of them have "Flat" or "Hilly" or similar in the name, but you can always look at the course info - they all have distance and elevation gain.

Oh, and maybe it was just me, but I feel like the boardwalk planks and the gravel roads also slow you down quite a bit (too much, maybe), at least on a road bike.

yea, that is dumb. I experienced that too, and I even tried to dial it up a little bit to get my speed going and accelerate was dismal, so I stopped trying.

I think I’ve been getting bummed about my mileage but the important thing is I am on the bike and moving. I don’t agree with all the metrics from wahoo. It’s interesting If I run my wahoo through my head unit the data seems to be closer to what I am used to seeing on the road vs the make believe of zwift.

ERG is brutal. I had toto turn it off today half through the first interval session. It got to the point out of the saddle I could not pedal. Was suppose to maintain 765 for 20 seconds. I got to like 712 and all of a sudden I couldn’t pedal. Weird. Or I am just weak, prefer weird.

MoAlpha 11-03-21 06:54 PM

Ergometer mode just “is what it is.” If you can’t do it with erg on, you can’t do the set.

bampilot06 11-03-21 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22294922)
Ergometer mode just “is what it is.” If you can’t do it with erg on, you can’t do the set.

it started with 2 sets of 370 ish for 2 mins and then 2 sets of 765 for 20 seconds I think.

I made it all the way to the second 765 and i’m not sure what happened. I turned erg off and finished the work out just making sure I hit the numbers I was told to hit.

LesterOfPuppets 11-03-21 07:01 PM

Did an Amazon Flex run today. $88 for 3 hours, not a bad deal.

That doesn't count the 12 minutes to the warehouse and the long drive back from Troon, though.

bampilot06 11-03-21 07:06 PM

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...e6d24ee0a6.png

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...e66cba9417.png

Having these coming to the house. The store in fort worth got bought out. Going to keep selling specialized and bmc, but going to start carry trek and giant as well. Mellow Johnies gear will be gone.

It was a neat store and the bike paths looked nice. Debating to to take my bike when I go pick up the rock hopper tomorrow.

MoAlpha 11-03-21 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22294928)
it started with 2 sets of 370 ish for 2 mins and then 2 sets of 765 for 20 seconds I think.

I made it all the way to the second 765 and i’m not sure what happened. I turned erg off and finished the work out just making sure I hit the numbers I was told to hit.

Sounds like a glitch in the control system, no?

LesterOfPuppets 11-03-21 07:08 PM

Apparently this is an Air BnB in Franklin, TN. These things were so cool looking driving down the road BITD.

https://scontent.fphx1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...5a&oe=6188AC3A

Velo Vol 11-03-21 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22294939)
Apparently this is an Air BnB in Franklin, TN. These things were so cool looking driving down the road BITD.

Mojo31

LAJ 11-03-21 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22294889)
I don't think one or two a day is moderate. We need to egg-shame WhyFi

Egg shame me too then. Two a day.