Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.2 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1249389)

seedsbelize2 05-06-22 11:58 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22497141)
Ive never had to stop to use the restroom. Even on centuries.

Efficient Hydrating.

I do about wice per year. When it's cold enough that I don't sweat.

Mojo31 05-06-22 12:02 PM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22497449)
It's so weird thinking about how modern I thought 9 speed was. I didn't even get to wear out my 8 speed stuff and I was upgrading my Felt.

Once upon a time I thought I was hot stuff with a 10-speed (2X5) bike.

LAJ 05-06-22 12:03 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22497407)
What is that computer-looking thing below the tailpipe?


That's an LED Taillight that flashes when the on-board bidet is activated.

#****talking

bampilot06 05-06-22 12:11 PM

https://mybikeshop.com/products/garm...iew-radar.html


Pretty good deal on a varia if someone needs one.

genejockey 05-06-22 12:12 PM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22497437)
Started the rebuild on contador last night. I decided to leave the shifters mismatched, it's only the graphics on the shift paddle and brake lever. I need to wash the frame and wheels before I start recabling it. Shifters and derailluers are on. Looking forward to riding it again as a cable actuated bike.
Also learned last night the brake cable housings I recieved with the shifters that I was going to use on the Blue Tarmac is 8" to short. Ordered that this morning.

I washed/degreased the Litespeed to prepare for the rebuild, and now it turns out the new BB and crank won't arrive till Monday. This means I could ride it this weekend, for its last ride as an 8-speed bike. But that means re-lubing the chain, and re-cleaning it and the rest of the drivetrain before I take it al off and put it away.

Or I could ride any one of 9 other bikes...

seedsbelize2 05-06-22 12:13 PM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22497449)
It's so weird thinking about how modern I thought 9 speed was. I didn't even get to wear out my 8 speed stuff and I was upgrading my Felt.

This. Let me say up front that if your feet feel stepped upon, that is not my intention.
I have never understood the need to upgrade just because.

genejockey 05-06-22 12:20 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22497457)
Once upon a time I thought I was hot stuff with a 10-speed (2X5) bike.

That was me, circa 1973. I had a 10 speed that my BIL had bought - I think at the PX - and brought to M&D's house. I spent a weekend riding it and loved it so much Mom bought it off him.

phrantic09 05-06-22 12:21 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22497422)
My folks were the same. I got a nice inheritance, by my standards.

Honestly I wish we could keep the land, itís been in her family since the late 1800s when you could have a small dairy farm and make a living. We may keep a small piece.

indyfabz 05-06-22 12:22 PM

Just got off the phone with a friend of mine. As she was walking home from work she saw a man standing outside the criminal justice center wearing a muscle T-shirt, Timberland-like boots and nothing else. No pants or undies in sight. :eek:

phrantic09 05-06-22 12:23 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22497427)
And I, on the flip side, am still paid like QA but now being told to do the work of a senior dev. Whole different level of stress and responsibility, and Iím already having to hand-hold new hires with higher titles and presumably more pay who canít pay attention to necessary details or even submit their code half the time. This is why I am ungruntled.

Why not take your talents elsewhere?

genejockey 05-06-22 12:28 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22497479)
This. Let me say up front that if your feet feel stepped upon, that is not my intention.
I have never understood the need to upgrade just because.

I bought the Ritchey back in 1997 with 8 speed DA right after 9 speed was introduced. Got a big discount, too. And that 8 speed DA served me well, took me everywhere for a whole decade. The only reason I bought the Bianchi with 50/34 and 10 speeds was that the 39x25 was getting a little hard to climb with.

genejockey 05-06-22 12:29 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22497496)
Just got off the phone with a friend of mine. As she was walking home from work she saw a man standing outside the criminal justice center wearing a muscle T-shirt, Timberland-like boots and nothing else. No pants or undies in sight. :eek:

Full "Winnie the Pooh", eh?

WhyFi 05-06-22 12:34 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22497427)
And I, on the flip side, am still paid like QA but now being told to do the work of a senior dev. Whole different level of stress and responsibility, and Iím already having to hand-hold new hires with higher titles and presumably more pay who canít pay attention to necessary details or even submit their code half the time. This is why I am ungruntled.

This is not so different than what my wife is going through.

WhyFi 05-06-22 12:36 PM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22497499)
Why not take your talents elsewhere?

He needs to snag that severance and get a nice jump start on the kept-man status. :p

Mojo31 05-06-22 12:51 PM

Had a big fraud trial against EDS in about 2000. The jury questionnaire asked, "What do you think about big corporations?" One guy answered, "Chew you up and spit you out."

He was the first alternate, and became the 12th juror. He sat about 10 feet away from me during the trial, and would constantly give me a thumbs up when points were scored on our side in his mind. I had to stop looking in his direction to avoid drawing attention to it.

Jury awarded us roughly $56 million.

Bah Humbug 05-06-22 12:59 PM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22497499)
Why not take your talents elsewhere?

Well this is relatively recent. I'd like, ideally, to make them sever me and get my 32 weeks and counting of severance. And in the past, every time I thought about leaving, I wound up glad I stayed. However, I'm going to have a stern conversation with my manager at our next 1-1, which may also be mid-year review time.

If I were to change jobs, I'd rather time it such that I can just be unemployed during the process of moving to CO and handle all that for AG, then find something after all of that is done.

The boss convo will be interesting. If she demurs, that tells me all I need to know about my future there. If I can wrangle a promotion and real raise, well, I'll take it and see if it works out. After all, the severance is based on final pay... if I take it and fail, all the better.

I say that, but of course failing sucks.

genejockey 05-06-22 01:02 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22497520)
He needs to snag that severance and get a nice jump start on the kept-man status. :p

I shaved this morning, so I was able to achieve kempt-man status.

Trsnrtr 05-06-22 01:14 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22497496)
Just got off the phone with a friend of mine. As she was walking home from work she saw a man standing outside the criminal justice center wearing a muscle T-shirt, Timberland-like boots and nothing else. No pants or undies in sight. :eek:

I was nowhere near there and besides, I always have Depends on.

Trsnrtr 05-06-22 01:17 PM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22497421)
I actually think my compensation is just right for the job I have.

Same here. Worthless bike bum.

Trsnrtr 05-06-22 01:19 PM

In other news, my wife ordered herself an Emonda SLR 7. Estimated arrival is 70-85 days. It seems that dinky size Project One bikes ship in half the time as average sizes like 56-58.

And, it is Navy Blue.
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...b005371034.png

indyfabz 05-06-22 01:26 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22497509)
Full "Winnie the Pooh", eh?

:lol:

It's not the first time she has seen exposed men while walking to or from work, but in the other cases they have had their pants own, not completely lacking them.

Bah Humbug 05-06-22 01:30 PM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22497584)
In other news, my wife ordered herself an Emonda SLR 7. Estimated arrival is 70-85 days. It seems that dinky size Project One bikes ship in half the time as average sizes like 56-58.

And, it is Navy Blue.

We will of course demand peekshures.

genejockey 05-06-22 01:39 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22497597)
:lol:

It's not the first time she has seen exposed men while walking to or from work, but in the other cases they have had their pants own, not completely lacking them.

No half measures for that guy. You gotta admire his commitment.

Mojo31 05-06-22 01:46 PM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22497584)
In other news, my wife ordered herself an Emonda SLR 7. Estimated arrival is 70-85 days. It seems that dinky size Project One bikes ship in half the time as average sizes like 56-58.

And, it is Navy Blue.
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...b005371034.png

My kind of girl! Excited for her.

ls01 05-06-22 02:14 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22497496)
Just got off the phone with a friend of mine. As she was walking home from work she saw a man standing outside the criminal justice center wearing a muscle T-shirt, Timberland-like boots and nothing else. No pants or undies in sight. :eek:

Don't judge me!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:36 PM.


Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.