Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

Bah Humbug 04-29-20 04:53 AM

Woke up to thunder, lightning, and pouring rain. Good day to have already not had a run on the schedule.

MoAlpha 04-29-20 04:58 AM

Real miles today, work permitting.

datlas 04-29-20 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21445009)
Real miles today, work permitting.

Me too.

I still donít work on Wednesdays because cycling.

bampilot06 04-29-20 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by sfrider (Post 21444898)
Great ride today, temps in the 80s except in the city which was 70s. No possums, dead or alive. No snakes. The helicopter tape on the chainstay is doing its job.

The wildflowers are out in force! 65 miles around the hills, great ride.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...37f2c65c80.jpg

I like your bike sir.

bampilot06 04-29-20 05:27 AM

Got 18 miles in this morning. Still getting used to the bike. I still canít seem to get the seat where I want it. I moved it back 2 mm this morning and that got the resistance I was feeling in my legs to go away, but I still donít feel like I am distributing my energy In an efficient manner. I still feel like I am working a lot harder and not going any where.

LAJ 04-29-20 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21444573)
Well, I really screwed up royally today. Messed up the takeout order for our 35th official anniversary dinner. I gave up my entree and got a few pieces.

Happy Anniversary! I'm sorry the meal was not what you hoped, but that's small potatoes, in the grand scheme.

datlas 04-29-20 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21445027)
I like your bike sir.

Me too.

Are those buttercups?? Does the bike like butter??

WhyFi 04-29-20 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21445029)
Got 18 miles in this morning. Still getting used to the bike. I still canít seem to get the seat where I want it. I moved it back 2 mm this morning and that got the resistance I was feeling in my legs to go away, but I still donít feel like I am distributing my energy In an efficient manner. I still feel like I am working a lot harder and not going any where.

I've been thinking about what you've been describing, but I'm still not understanding what the issue might be and how it might differ from the garden variety resistances (air, rolling, etc) that we face on every ride.

MoAlpha 04-29-20 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21445029)

Any change in position will entail an initial loss in efficiency until the neuromuscular system learns the new output pattern and settles into a groove. Can you get us a pic of you on the bike?

bampilot06 04-29-20 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21445055)
I've been thinking about what you've been describing, but I'm still not understanding what the issue might be and how it might differ from the garden variety resistances (air, rolling, etc) that we face on every ride.

I donít know really how to describe it, once I have my bike computer up that might help me to get a little bit more information. My heart rate is noticeably higher, I almost feel like I am pedaling and going no where.
Im sure it will take some time to get used too.

Velo Vol 04-29-20 06:27 AM

Now there's some riding country.

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21445066)
I donít know really how to describe it, once I have my bike computer up that might help me to get a little bit more information. My heart rate is noticeably higher, I almost feel like I am pedaling and going no where.
Im sure it will take some time to get used too.

Is your chain lubed?

bampilot06 04-29-20 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21445059)
Any change in position will entail an initial loss in efficiency until the neuromuscular system learns the new output pattern and settles into a groove. Can you get us a pic of you on the bike?

I will try to do this later today.

rjones28 04-29-20 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 21444808)
We just had dinner. Swedish meatballs on noodles, boiled cabbage and beets.

Beets here too, but roasted.

rjones28 04-29-20 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21445021)
Me too.

I still donít work on Wednesdays because cycling.

Priorities

WhyFi 04-29-20 06:48 AM

As I continue to wake, I'm considering my Wed ride. I just looked at the weather and I'm seeing 17mph winds coming from due north. With winds this stiff, I usually like to plan my route so that I deal with the worst of the wind on the way out and get a break on the way back. I don't think that I've ever had a route that heads out primarily northwards, though. :foo:

phrantic09 04-29-20 06:50 AM

Great ride today, temps in the 80s except in the city which was 70s. No possums, dead or alive. No snakes. The helicopter tape on the chainstay is doing its job.

The wildflowers are out in force! 65 miles around the hills, great ride.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...37f2c65c80.jpg

I love that colorway

phrantic09 04-29-20 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21445093)
As I continue to wake, I'm considering my Wed ride. I just looked at the weather and I'm seeing 17mph winds coming from due north. With winds this stiff, I usually like to plan my route so that I deal with the worst of the wind on the way out and get a break on the way back. I don't think that I've ever had a route that heads out primarily northwards, though. :foo:

Im trying to figure out if/when I can ride today. Itís the wifeís birthday, she said ďyou should go ride, itís just another Wednesday.Ē But I feel like thatís a trap.

only chance Iíll likely get is a quick 25 at lunch

indyfabz 04-29-20 06:58 AM

A butcher at a market I frequent has frozen camel patties among other exotic meats. Double dog dare me?

WhyFi 04-29-20 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 21445103)
Im trying to figure out if/when I can ride today. Itís the wifeís birthday, she said ďyou should go ride, itís just another Wednesday.Ē But I feel like thatís a trap.

only chance Iíll likely get is a quick 25 at lunch

My wife's bday was over the weekend. I went out for a ride, but only after getting up early, baking a bday cake for her and making breakfast for the family. If you don't have brownie points in the bank, make sure you plan on earning some when you get back from your ride. ;)

Lemond1985 04-29-20 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 21445111)
A butcher at a market I frequent has frozen camel panties among other exotic meats. Double dog dare me?

Didn't know camels wore those.

WhyFi 04-29-20 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 21445111)
A butcher at a market I frequent has frozen camel patties among other exotic meats. Double dog dare me?

There are a few restaurants in Mpls that have camel burgers. I think that the frozen part is more daring than the camel part.

phrantic09 04-29-20 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21445112)
My wife's bday was over the weekend. I went out for a ride, but only after getting up early, baking a bday cake for her and making breakfast for the family. If you don't have brownie points in the bank, make sure you plan on earning some when you get back from your ride. ;)

Nothing can be as bad as forgetting her birthday last year (long story).

Trsnrtr 04-29-20 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21445004)
Woke up to thunder, lightning, and pouring rain. Good day to have already not had a run on the schedule.

“I woke last night to the sound of thunder
How far off I sat and wondered”

MoAlpha 04-29-20 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Lemond1985 (Post 21445116)
Didn't know camels wore those.

Maybe they wear them on their feet. ;)

LAJ 04-29-20 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 21445161)
ďI woke last night to the sound of thunder
How far off I sat and wonderedĒ

Seger wasn't my first thought, Bulwer-Lytton was.

Well played.