Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

genejockey 01-11-22 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22369929)
what if she borrowed it?

Yeah, but if you go down that road, you can't trust the driver's license either, because what if she stole the purse.

MoAlpha 01-11-22 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22369955)
You're reading between the lines again, aren't you.

Working on a deal though with Bam's wife, so when he goes over a cliff and she has all the money, we can thank him for the opportunities his unfortunate demise might open.

When he goes, he'll take at least one bike with him.

Eric F 01-11-22 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22369976)
Yeah, but if you go down that road, you can't trust the driver's license either, because what if she stole the purse.

Somehow , this reminds me of scenes from "Cops" (or similar) where someone gets busted with drugs in their pocket, and they say, "I didn't know that was there. These aren't my pants."

Mojo31 01-11-22 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22369980)
When he goes, he'll take at least one bike with him.

So true.

genejockey 01-11-22 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22369983)
Somehow , this reminds me of scenes from "Cops" (or similar) where someone gets busted with drugs in their pocket, and they say, "I didn't know that was there. These aren't my pants."

I imagine that even drugs found in cavity searches are disowned by the people in whose cavities they were found, though "I didn't know that was there" is a lot harder to believe in that case.

seedsbelize2 01-11-22 01:36 PM

Well it's on. Word came through this morning. We're doing a ten day guided trip through Tabasco and (mostly) Chiapas. We leave here Saturday afternoon, and get on the bus to Villahermosa Sunday morning. It was hanging by a chad due to the Omicroin explosion. Proof of vaccination required. Vamos a ver. The same trip was canceled last year, so we've had our reservations for about 18 months. Chiapas really should be part of Guatemala, culturally speaking. And Guatemala is my hands down favorite of the few countries in the world I've visited. During the late 80s and early 90s it was the other woman. Needless to say, I'm excited. It's been in the neighborhood of thirty years since i was last there. Do you think it's changed much?

BillyD 01-11-22 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22369760)
Blue skies with an expected high of 74 today. So Cal winters are rough.

To each his own. That invariability would bore the **** out of me.

bampilot06 01-11-22 02:22 PM

eh, I am starting to feel sick. Might be the mcdonald’s I ate for lunch. I hate that place by the way, or it might be the VID. I have a stinking feeling it’s the VID.

genejockey 01-11-22 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22370104)
eh, I am starting to feel sick. Might be the mcdonald’s I ate for lunch. I hate that place by the way, or it might be the VID. I have a stinking feeling it’s the VID.

Every day when I wake up, the usual aches and pains one has the day after or two days after a long or reasonably intense ride have me thinking, "Is this 'IT'?" Waiting for the shoe to drop is slowly driving me nuts.

genejockey 01-11-22 02:48 PM

Well, that was fast. I haven't even ridden the Litespeed with the Sachs/Campy/Shimano kit and I'm already ordering the bits to rebuild it with 7410 Dura Ace. I put in an offer on a crankset and BB, with worn rings, and on a set of lightly used 53/39 chainrings, and both were instantly accepted. Now I just need FD (put 8in an offer already) and cables. I already have a spare box of Cinelli tape. I'll have to have my LBS swap the BBs, but otherwise, I'll be ready to good to go. I have the STIs and and RD I took off the Ritchey when I upgraded those to 7800, and I picked up a set of 7400 dual pivot calipers when I bought Deadman.

I feel better about this. Honestly, the Frankengruppo bothered me enough that I was plowing through Ebay and Craigs List looking for 6800/8000 Ultegra bits, and that build was going to cost about $600-700 on top of what I'd already spent. This will end up less than half the low end of that. And it's the bike I wanted back in 1995, anyway!

Eric F 01-11-22 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22370067)
To each his own. That invariability would bore the **** out of me.

We had a wet and cold (for So Cal) December.

datlas 01-11-22 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22370104)

I read that as the VD.

:twitchy:

Mojo31 01-11-22 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22370145)
I read that as the VD.

Might be that as well. You know in his new position as a big plane pilot with all those lusting flight attendants surrounding him. :innocent:

genejockey 01-11-22 03:05 PM

I read that as the VD.

They're not mutually exclusive.

Eric F 01-11-22 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22369998)
I imagine that even drugs found in cavity searches are disowned by the people in whose cavities they were found, though "I didn't know that was there" is a lot harder to believe in that case.

The show "To Catch A Smuggler" has the body cavity situation pretty regularly (I binge-watched most of a day away during my recent vacation week) . Usually the carrier claims fear for their life from whoever they were carrying for.

phrantic09 01-11-22 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22369595)
You should. And, you can even tell her that I said that's just the way it should be and the way it's going to be.

Great! I’ll let you know how it goes!

Mojo31 01-11-22 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22370157)
Great! I’ll let you know how it goes!

Cool, pictures of the facial contact points when you do!

phrantic09 01-11-22 03:11 PM

I read that as the VD.

same

ls01 01-11-22 03:26 PM

So, tried to leave work. Guess what? Firebird no start. Battery dead. Where's the frikken cameras? My Boss told me to go ahead and take the tool room truck home. So I took the battery with me to have it tested. It's junk. $170.00 for a battery. Ho-lee, Shazam! 4 year old battery. Done.
I'm a llttle worried about this car drama. I am not ready to buy anything @ this time. Not in this market, nope eff that.

phrantic09 01-11-22 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22370163)
Cool, pictures of the facial contact points when you do!

I just bought an Acura instead…

phrantic09 01-11-22 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22370186)
So, tried to leave work. Guess what? Firebird no start. Battery dead. Where's the frikken cameras? My Boss told me to go ahead and take the tool room truck home. So I took the battery with me to have it tested. It's junk. $170.00 for a battery. Ho-lee, Shazam! 4 year old battery. Done.
I'm a llttle worried about this car drama. I am not ready to buy anything @ this time. Not in this market, nope eff that.

If you have something to sell, it all ends up being a wash. A lot of dealers here aren’t over MSRP

phrantic09 01-11-22 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22370154)
The show "To Catch A Smuggler" has the body cavity situation pretty regularly (I binge-watched most of a day away during my recent vacation week) . Usually the carrier claims fear for their life from whoever they were carrying for.

Probably the only reason I would do it

Mojo31 01-11-22 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22370189)
I just bought an Acura instead…

Which one?

Mojo31 01-11-22 03:36 PM

Rivian to make an e-bike?

Will Rivian make an e-bike? Patent application suggests so (msn.com)

phrantic09 01-11-22 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22370193)
Which one?

It was a joke that I had to buy her a car due to my comments to her :)

It would be another MDX if I were so inclined.

genejockey 01-11-22 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22370154)

"How did THAT get there? You must have planted it when I wasn't looking!" being a lot harder to pull off, given the circumstances.

LesterOfPuppets 01-11-22 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22370186)

Both minivan batteries died within a week of each other about a month ago. I just got a couple of $90 ones so I'm sure they'll only be good for 2 or three years.

Mojo31 01-11-22 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22370200)
It was a joke that I had to buy her a car due to my comments to her :)

It would be another MDX if I were so inclined.

Gotcha.

We've had our share of Acuras, and have liked everyone of them. Wife's had several MDXs over the years, and daughter currently has an RDX that she loves. I've had a number of TLs.

Just looked at the local dealer stock to see what they have - 9 ILXs, 4 RDSx, and 5 MDXs. That's it. That's at a dealer that would typically stock 50-75 RDXs and similar numbers in other models. 18 cars instead of the hundreds they used to floor plan.

phrantic09 01-11-22 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22370209)
Gotcha.

We've had our share of Acuras, and have liked everyone of them. Wife's had several MDXs over the years, and daughter currently has an RDX that she loves. I've had a number of TLs.

Just looked at the local dealer stock to see what they have - 9 ILXs, 4 RDSx, and 5 MDXs. That's it. That's at a dealer that would typically stock 50-75 RDXs and similar numbers in other models. 18 cars instead of the hundreds they used to floor plan.

While I like the idea of a new car, I’m actually a bit of a cheapskate in some ways. I mean, some of my bibs are ripping and I refuse to replace them.

My VW is 6 years old and going strong, my wife’s Acura is the same and I swear that thing will make 400k. I’ve looked at the TLX a couple of times, but want to wait another year at least before getting rid of my VW. 6 months of car payment = new bike costs.

genejockey 01-11-22 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22370209)
Gotcha.

We had one, an early Legend. Bought it from my old boss, and managed to get the smoke smell detailed out of the velour upholstery. It was great, till it started having problems related to being >10 years old, like all the hoses needing to be replaced, and then the clutch going out. Oh, and that time that the drain holes on the sunroof clogged up because he'd parked it under a tree that dropped a lot of small debris, and there was a rainstorm. Back to the detailer to get all the water out before it molded!

But I don't blame Honda for the issues we had. It was a 1986 car, fer cripes sake! For the age it was, it was very reliable!