Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

MoAlpha 06-29-20 07:18 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21560709)

Now, if there were ever a name that just says, “happy taint”...

rjones28 06-29-20 07:19 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21560727)
… It's all Spesh.

Don't overthink it.

Well, I do work at a Specialized dealer. :)

rjones28 06-29-20 07:28 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21560728)
Now, if there were ever a name that just says, “happy taint”...

I haven't ridden the Elaston version, but I have a Power Arc on my fat bike.

WhyFi 06-29-20 07:38 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21560643)
Got a few miscellaneous bike-related items today.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...f4549747a2.jpg

Do you like that more than the Evade? My Propero is still in good shape, but I kind of want something more betterer.

LesterOfPuppets 06-29-20 07:41 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21560643)
Got a few miscellaneous bike-related items today.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...f4549747a2.jpg

Is the bidon for [MENTION=107711]datlas[/MENTION] ?

kissTheApex 06-29-20 07:51 PM


Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21559922)
So I'm pretty blown away right now. And not in a good way.

Wife had been working at a flower shop pre-COVID, but when everything was shut down she went back to being a nanny.

That gig is probably going to be winding down here fairly soon, and an ex-coworker from aforementioned flower shop clued her in on an opening in the office of the law firm she currently works at. Wife applied, and has an interview scheduled for this afternoon.

She wasn't really planning on going back to the floral shop once things opened up anyways since she constantly experienced being promised things that never happened, really miserable pay, and 40-50 hour work weeks. She was really great at that job but it was just soul sucking, so this looks like a great opportunity - decent pay, regular hours, weekends off, etc.

Turns out the owner of the flower shop found out that my wife has an interview at this law firm, and over the weekend stopped by to tell the person who was going to interview her not to hire her because she's going to come back to work at the flower shop. Which is an absolute lie. She never discussed going back to work there.

What. The. Actual. ****

What a dick! Sorry.

rjones28 06-29-20 07:52 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21560770)
Do you like that more than the Evade? My Propero is still in good shape, but I kind of want something more betterer.

I haven't worn it in the wind yet. It's 20 grams lighter than the Evade (previous version) it is replacing. I expect it to be cooler on climbs, at lower speeds.

rjones28 06-29-20 07:53 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 21560775)
Is the bidon for [MENTION=107711]datlas[/MENTION] ?

Forgot that he needed one.

LAJ 06-29-20 08:21 PM

We do custom Purist bottles for the club, and hand them out randomly. I like them, but they do tend to leak.

LAJ 06-29-20 08:58 PM

Dang November and their Rail 55's.

Heathpack 06-29-20 11:10 PM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 21558842)
the latter, not that I don’t have it but don’t want to be upside down

Real estate is so crazy here that I was ok with being upside down when we bought our current house. We were buying in the last big real estate crash and my opinion at the time was that appraisers (esp VA appraisers which we were using) were being too conservative. They were spooked by recent irresponsible lending practices or maybe had a mandate to “protect” the buyer a little more than they had. The trouble was, they were protecting vets right out of the market since pretty much all houses had multiple offers and the nonVA offers were consistently accepted over VA offers lest the VA offer not appraise.

Our realtor took to driving around neighborhoods at random and looking for houses with renovations going on, chatting up the tradesmen to find houses about to go on the market. He got wind of our current house in advance and it was a listed a little low we thought. We jumped in at over asking price, in a rare single offer scenario.

Offer was accepted but- you guessed it- the house didn’t appraise. We felt pretty certain the appraisal was just wrong. And then we figured out it was fraudulent. I was googling the guy post appraisal to check him out, realtor (who was present for the appraisal) looks over my shoulder and says “that’s not the guy who did the appraisal”.

Turns out VA appraisers have to go where they’re assigned and our house was a 90 min drive for him. We never figured out who he sent in his place but our appraiser never set foot in our house. Lol I can’t remember exactly how we worked it out but in the end our mortgage broker made the appraiser aware that his jig was up and the response was essentially “tell me what you want me to appraise it for”. Totally sketchy but it got the job done.

Maybe our example is a bit wild but there were multiple houses I would have been fine being upside down in if they didn’t appraise. We thought the market was very undervalued at the time. Ten ish years later, we were right, our house has appreciated 35%. We were technically upside down in it for the first two years. But we had no intention of selling it on any kind of short time frame anyway.

phrantic09 06-30-20 03:54 AM


Originally Posted by Heathpack (Post 21561039)
Real estate is so crazy here that I was ok with being upside down when we bought our current house. We were buying in the last big real estate crash and my opinion at the time was that appraisers (esp VA appraisers which we were using) were being too conservative. They were spooked by recent irresponsible lending practices or maybe had a mandate to “protect” the buyer a little more than they had. The trouble was, they were protecting vets right out of the market since pretty much all houses had multiple offers and the nonVA offers were consistently accepted over VA offers lest the VA offer not appraise.

Our realtor took to driving around neighborhoods at random and looking for houses with renovations going on, chatting up the tradesmen to find houses about to go on the market. He got wind of our current house in advance and it was a listed a little low we thought. We jumped in at over asking price, in a rare single offer scenario.

Offer was accepted but- you guessed it- the house didn’t appraise. We felt pretty certain the appraisal was just wrong. And then we figured out it was fraudulent. I was googling the guy post appraisal to check him out, realtor (who was present for the appraisal) looks over my shoulder and says “that’s not the guy who did the appraisal”.

Turns out VA appraisers have to go where they’re assigned and our house was a 90 min drive for him. We never figured out who he sent in his place but our appraiser never set foot in our house. Lol I can’t remember exactly how we worked it out but in the end our mortgage broker made the appraiser aware that his jig was up and the response was essentially “tell me what you want me to appraise it for”. Totally sketchy but it got the job done.

Maybe our example is a bit wild but there were multiple houses I would have been fine being upside down in if they didn’t appraise. We thought the market was very undervalued at the time. Ten ish years later, we were right, our house has appreciated 35%. We were technically upside down in it for the first two years. But we had no intention of selling it on any kind of short time frame anyway.

The house was probably going to appraise anyway, and it’s really too bad because it would have been a great house. Had a nice yard and a pool and we probably should have just done it. There will be another (I hope)

bampilot06 06-30-20 05:10 AM

Wife, daughter, and dog were woken up at 1215 by a courteous neighbor launching fire works. What the hell is wrong with people?

phrantic09 06-30-20 05:55 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21561196)
Wife, daughter, and dog were woken up at 1215 by a courteous neighbor launching fire works. What the hell is wrong with people?

Lots...

WhyFi 06-30-20 05:59 AM

Ick. It's thick out there. Got back from the easy morning ride and I'm still sweaty - 70° and (I would have to assume) 100%+ RH will do that, I guess.

phrantic09 06-30-20 06:04 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21561244)
Ick. It's thick out there. Got back from the easy morning ride and I'm still sweaty - 70° and (I would have to assume) 100%+ RH will do that, I guess.

65 and 100% here. Overslept today and spent too much time farting around before getting on the road and only had time to do 20 before the savages woke up.

indyfabz 06-30-20 06:10 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21561196)
Wife, daughter, and dog were woken up at 1215 by a courteous neighbor launching fire works. What the hell is wrong with people?

For the last few weeks, every night in Philly has sounded like the 4th of July.

abshipp 06-30-20 06:30 AM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 21560455)
Start working or start interviewing? In either case, good luck

Interviewing.

Turns out the guy who runs the place is quite misogynist, likely racist, and an overall french shower.

Sad!

WhyFi 06-30-20 06:51 AM


Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21561282)
Interviewing.

Turns out the guy who runs the place is quite misogynist, likely racist, and an overall french shower.

Sad!

The guy that runs that law firm?

abshipp 06-30-20 06:53 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21561312)
The guy that runs that law firm?

Yep.

WhyFi 06-30-20 06:57 AM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 21561252)
65 and 100% here. Overslept today and spent too much time farting around before getting on the road and only had time to do 20 before the savages woke up.

On my "work" days, I only plan on an hour before the natives get restless. I might be able to get in 30 miles if I actually get out of the door by 5:30 and decide to ride at a faster-than-recovery pace, but I'm mostly content as-is... for now.

datlas 06-30-20 06:57 AM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 21560887)
Dang November and their Rail 55's.

Why? Too tempting??

WhyFi 06-30-20 06:57 AM


Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21561318)
Yep.

Eesh. :(

datlas 06-30-20 06:58 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21560728)
Now, if there were ever a name that just says, “happy taint”...

Best I can come up with is Gladys.

WhyFi 06-30-20 07:00 AM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 21560887)
Dang November and their Rail 55's.

Be strong, like me - don't give in to the temptation of something wholly unnecessary like a modestly improved wheelset.

















:innocent:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:43 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.