Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1233876)

datlas 07-29-21 01:20 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22162992)
How stupid is their population compared to ours?


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22163003)
Well, they voted for Brexit, so.........

Beat me to it!

datlas 07-29-21 01:23 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22163017)
I never stopped masking indoors. Some reports say that the vaxxed can carry and spread, so best to mask up to stop the spread.

In some ways the vax is probably bad for the COVID situation. Whole lot of vaxxed just went out and partied like 1999 as soon as they got the jabs.

When the CDC came out and said that vaccinated people could skip the mask, mrs datlas took a brave step and went from two masks to one.

genejockey 07-29-21 01:31 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22163017)
I never stopped masking indoors. Some reports say that the vaxxed can carry and spread, so best to mask up to stop the spread.

In some ways the vax is probably bad for the COVID situation. Whole lot of vaxxed just went out and partied like 1999 as soon as they got the jabs.

It's all about probability. Let's say you're 90% less likely to become infected if exposed to the same dose of virus, and 90% less likely to spread to others if infected. So, compared to someone unvaccinated in the same situation, your chances of becoming infected and spreading the infection would be 0.1 x 0.1, which means you're 100 times less likely to spread the disease, and the likelihood you'll spread it to someone vaccinated is another 10 times less. That's why CDC said vaxxed didn't need masks.

BUT it turns out the amount of virus of Delta-infected is 1000 times higher than earlier variants AND it's still high in asymptomatic, infected vaccinees. AND some places are full of idiots who are afraid of being magnetized or some damn thing,
so now we the vaccinate need to mask because of the idiots.

Mojo31 07-29-21 01:35 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22162956)
I'm no expert on doghouses, but this one doesn't look like it will keep rain off the dog.


Considering it does not rain inside our house, it probably won't matter.

2858

WhyFi 07-29-21 01:35 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22163003)
Well, they voted for Brexit, so.........


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22163029)
Beat me to it!

Do you think that their hotspot map bears an uncanny, but totally coincidental, likeness to the Brexit vote map?

big john 07-29-21 02:00 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22163051)
AND some places are full of idiots who are afraid of being magnetized or some damn thing,

It might be cool to be magnetic, especially those magnets that attract brass keys like the lady I saw demonstrating on t.v. But I don't want Bill Gates to track me with his microchip.;)

Eric F 07-29-21 02:01 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22163091)
It might be cool to be magnetic, especially those magnets that attract brass keys like the lady I saw demonstrating on t.v. But I don't want Bill Gates to track me with his microchip.;)

I'm not so sure about that. A walk through Home Depot could kill you in a hurry.

big john 07-29-21 02:06 PM


Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22163095)
I'm not so sure about that. A walk through Home Depot could kill you in a hurry.

And you'd have to avoid the locksmith shop.

genejockey 07-29-21 02:38 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22163091)
It might be cool to be magnetic, especially those magnets that attract brass keys like the lady I saw demonstrating on t.v. But I don't want Bill Gates to track me with his microchip.;)

"I DOn't WanT tHE GOvenMenT TRaCKing mE" - Posted from my iPhone.

Velo Vol 07-29-21 02:53 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22163055)
Considering it does not rain inside our house, it probably won't matter.

2858

Dogs are weird.

seedsbelize 07-29-21 02:55 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22163017)
I never stopped masking indoors. Some reports say that the vaxxed can carry and spread, so best to mask up to stop the spread.

In some ways the vax is probably bad for the COVID situation. Whole lot of vaxxed just went out and partied like 1999 as soon as they got the jabs.

In Mexico the 20 somethings went out after their parents got the jab. And proceeded to fill the hospitals,

Velo Vol 07-29-21 02:56 PM

Oh boy. I met the secretive DougRNS. I am only authorized to disclosed limited information, but he did give me a tyre and showed me Sharpsville cucumbers. He also lives in Cobb County, or at least he drives a auto registered there.

WhyFi 07-29-21 02:56 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22163178)
Oh boy. I met the secretive DougRNS. I am only authorized to disclosed limited information, but he did give me a tyre and showed me Sharpsville cucumbers. He also lives in Cobb County, apparently.

poidh

Mojo31 07-29-21 02:58 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22163175)
Dogs are weird.

Pot calling kettle black?

Velo Vol 07-29-21 03:04 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22163179)
poidh

Photos not available and not allowed (by him). He was different than I imagined. I expected him to be fatter. A few more months on the La-Z-Boy and he might get there, though.

Velo Vol 07-29-21 03:06 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22163180)
Pot calling kettle black?

I never had a cat house inside the house. The house is the cat house

genejockey 07-29-21 03:21 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22163175)
Dogs are weird.

Not if you're a dog.

rjones28 07-29-21 03:23 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22162875)
Where, apart from the Olympics, have you ever seen two people synchronized diving? It's not an NCAA sport.

NCAA sports should be limited to things people do in everyday life.

Velo Vol 07-29-21 03:29 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22163212)
NCAA sports should be limited to things people do in everyday life.

They are.

rjones28 07-29-21 03:30 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22163002)
Does everyone mask during flu season, because (for vaccinated people) that's essentially what this is.

They did last year.

genejockey 07-29-21 03:32 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22163222)
They are.

Water polo? Lacrosse?

datlas 07-29-21 03:34 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22163178)
Oh boy. I met the secretive DougRNS. I am only authorized to disclosed limited information, but he did give me a tyre and showed me Sharpsville cucumbers. He also lives in Cobb County, or at least he drives a auto registered there.

:bday:

Fun fact: rjones28 visited here a few years back and we even rode together!

rjones28 07-29-21 03:36 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22163222)
They are.

Do you walk around town wearing a helmet and heavy padding, trying to knock down people carrying packages?

Mojo31 07-29-21 03:37 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22163189)
I never had a cat house inside the house. The house is the cat house

Under that theory, our dog is not weird as I don't believe she asked for the doghouse. I'm sure she prefers to run naked and free, although she does prefer to be indoors rather than outdoors.

Mojo31 07-29-21 03:37 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22163231)
:bday:

Fun fact: rjones28 visited here a few years back and we even rode together!

Did he let you take a picture?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:00 PM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.