Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

LesterOfPuppets 03-08-22 08:16 PM

Mlle. Billot in Paris in the 1920s. Pretty rad jersey!
That's what my legs looked like almost everyday riding in Portland!


https://scontent.fphx1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...4A&oe=622DE75B

bampilot06 03-08-22 08:18 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22432988)
Mlle. Billot in Paris in the 1920s. Pretty rad jersey!


https://scontent.fphx1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...4A&oe=622DE75B


her tires look bigger than my tires.

BillyD 03-08-22 08:43 PM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22432851)
I sort of grew up but I curse like a sailor, no offense to sailors. Besides a misspent youth in a pool hall and then 40 years of construction management, I have a notorious reputation as an f-bomber in public. ;)

We could ******g hang out. :lol:

DougRNS 03-08-22 09:00 PM

Let it be noted that I disapprove of coarse language.

bampilot06 03-08-22 09:05 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22433033)
Let it be noted that I disapprove of coarse language.


classic Doug.

genejockey 03-08-22 09:25 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22433035)
classic Doug.

#NotAllDougs

Mojo31 03-08-22 09:27 PM

Well, Classic Doug doesn’t have to use coarse language.

abshipp 03-08-22 10:03 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22432358)
9 AM meeting + 6:10 PM sunset = Zwifting for me. I hear people wake up real early to hit the road by dawn and all that, but a morning person I am not.

I'm going to have to be again soon. Spouse is starting a new job next week that's 30 minutes away and starts at 7AM sharp. Should give me more than enough time to get a good ride in most mornings.

abshipp 03-08-22 10:27 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22432497)
I prefer to have map quest printed out and taped to my bars.

Nothing quite like navigating with nothing but a cue sheet and odometer.


https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...5268069463.jpg

Related: when I moved with my parents to Illinois from Texas I flew our Cub and my dad flew his Pitts. I did the majority of it using a line drawn on a few sectional charts and general pilotage techniques. Only used an iPad with Foreflight around the more complicated airspace regions. Certainly one of the more memorable things I've done in an airplane.

genejockey 03-08-22 10:44 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22433050)
Well, Classic Doug doesnít have to use coarse language.

Hell, AVERAGE Doug doesn't HAVE t swear. But I find it enjoyable.

phrantic09 03-09-22 04:27 AM

Wordle 263 3/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩⬛🟨⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

indyfabz 03-09-22 04:51 AM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22433159)
Wordle 263 3/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩⬛🟨⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Iím made up of bourbon and bad choices.

Wordle 263 4/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟨🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

BillyD 03-09-22 07:19 AM

If you just eliminate the bad choices you’ll be good to go.

WhyFi 03-09-22 07:23 AM


Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 22433071)
I'm going to have to be again soon. Spouse is starting a new job next week that's 30 minutes away and starts at 7AM sharp. Should give me more than enough time to get a good ride in most mornings.

I can't wait for my early morning daily rides. Right now, trainer rides encroach on my day way too much, and I frequently have to choose between health/fitness and productivity. With the early morning rides, I can be exercised, showered, fed and ready to go by 8am.

BillyD 03-09-22 07:24 AM


Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 22433076)
Nothing quite like navigating with nothing but a cue sheet and odometer.


https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...5268069463.jpg

.

Daayum, that road is straight as a mutha!

bampilot06 03-09-22 07:46 AM

rain today. Wife works, so watching the little one. Hoping to get a decent zone 2 ride on the trainer at some point today but that might be difficult.

Wife wants her bike on the trainer tonight, which I am pretty stoked about. Would love to see her start riding again.

bampilot06 03-09-22 07:49 AM


Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 22433076)
Nothing quite like navigating with nothing but a cue sheet and odometer.


https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...5268069463.jpg

Related: when I moved with my parents to Illinois from Texas I flew our Cub and my dad flew his Pitts. I did the majority of it using a line drawn on a few sectional charts and general pilotage techniques. Only used an iPad with Foreflight around the more complicated airspace regions. Certainly one of the more memorable things I've done in an airplane.



Foreflight wasnít a thing when I started flying. It became more popular when I was instructing. It always amazes me how fast people will give up solid practices (sectional chart, plotter, E6B) for technology when an Ipad is only good as long as it has a battery. Not to mention apps get corrupted. Trying to teach a younger student how to use a sectional when they had an ipad was like pulling teeth. I

WhyFi 03-09-22 07:50 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22433225)
If you just eliminate the bad choices youíll be good to go.

But what fun is that? :foo:

WhyFi 03-09-22 07:54 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22433229)
Daayum, that road is straight as a mutha!

Straight, flat, gravel, soybeans (?) to left, corn to the right - looks like any number of roads to the south of the Twin Cities... and prolly half of the upper midwest.

indyfabz 03-09-22 08:03 AM


Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 22433076)
Nothing quite like navigating with nothing but a cue sheet and odometer.

I still use PGS--Paper Guidance System-- and a CatEye computer when I tour in unfamiliar places. No batteries or charging required, and you can use the cue sheets to help start campfires at the end of the day.

indyfabz 03-09-22 08:06 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22433250)
Straight, flat, gravel, soybeans (?) to left, corn to the right - looks like any number of roads to the south of the Twin Cities... and prolly half of the upper midwest.

Corn to the left of my, soybeans to the right. Here I am am, stuck in SPD shoe.

I'll be here all week, ladies and gents. Make sure you try the veal.

WhyFi 03-09-22 08:14 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22433259)
Corn to the left of my, soybeans to the right. Here I am am, stuck in SPD shoe.

I'll be here all week, ladies and gents. Make sure you try the veal.

I know that some of my rides on Strava have been titled similarly. :p

datlas 03-09-22 08:28 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22433258)
I still use PGS--Paper Guidance System-- and a CatEye computer when I tour in unfamiliar places. No batteries or charging required, and you can use the cue sheets to help start campfires at the end of the day.

When/where is your next big tour??

rjones28 03-09-22 08:36 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22433243)
Foreflight wasnít a thing when I started flying. It became more popular when I was instructing. It always amazes me how fast people will give up solid practices (sectional chart, plotter, E6B) for technology when an Ipad is only good as long as it has a battery. Not to mention apps get corrupted. Trying to teach a younger student how to use a sectional when they had an ipad was like pulling teeth. I

Mrs. rjones28 still uses a Daytimer to keep her calendar.

Eric F 03-09-22 08:56 AM

Wordle 263 3/6

⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Mojo31 03-09-22 09:11 AM


Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 22433076)
Nothing quite like navigating with nothing but a cue sheet and odometer.


https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...5268069463.jpg

Related: when I moved with my parents to Illinois from Texas I flew our Cub and my dad flew his Pitts. I did the majority of it using a line drawn on a few sectional charts and general pilotage techniques. Only used an iPad with Foreflight around the more complicated airspace regions. Certainly one of the more memorable things I've done in an airplane.

Followed Hwy 75/69 out of Dallas to I44 in OK until you got to I55 in Illinois, heh?

Mojo31 03-09-22 09:13 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22433241)
rain today. Wife works, so watching the little one. Hoping to get a decent zone 2 ride on the trainer at some point today but that might be difficult.

Wife wants her bike on the trainer tonight, which I am pretty stoked about. Would love to see her start riding again.

Just tell her that her butt looks big and she needs to start riding again. When you regain consciousness, let us know if that motivated her. :lol:

Mojo31 03-09-22 09:15 AM

Wordle 263 3/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Eric F 03-09-22 09:21 AM

Wordle 263 3/6

⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Trsnrtr 03-09-22 09:30 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22433229)
Daayum, that road is straight as a mutha!

welcome to my world.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:51 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.