Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Wild Guesses (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1198798)

RiceAWay 04-20-20 11:13 AM

Wild Guesses

Apparently this bicycle forum is for non-cyclists who want to give irrational advice to people who do cycle. So I will move along as the administrator suggests.

WhyFi 04-20-20 11:21 AM

I'll give it an over/under of 8 minutes until this thread is disappeared.

Tick tock.

Cypress 04-20-20 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by RiceAWay (Post 21429180)
Apparently this bicycle forum is for non-cyclists who want to give irrational advice to people who do cycle. So I will move along as the administrator suggests.

I have to keep a lot of opinions (not related to cycling) to myself because it goes against the opinions of the forum majority. The moderators side with that majority, so if you can't accept the politics it's best to move on. This place will only serve to frustrate you if you can't keep those thoughts to yourself.

big john 04-20-20 11:31 AM

It's like the news media. It's up to you to sift through and find what is useful or entertaining. Some of it I just stay away from.

noodle soup 04-20-20 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by RiceAWay (Post 21429180)

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...516c36a4_o.png

Rage 04-20-20 11:33 AM

What happened?

Cypress 04-20-20 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Rage (Post 21429244)
What happened?

OP took a tiny dig at democrats, mods pruned thread. The usual.

Trenton 04-20-20 11:38 AM

Well I'm a "I wish I was a cyclist" rider who really enjoyed riding last summer with someone far more serious than me. I often felt bad directing my friend to flatter rides... so this summer I'm hoping to double the 700 miles of rides to 1,400 miles and not complain about climbs so much and I was thinking (and still am) I could replace my 53/39 DA crank with a FSA compact and luckily for me, you were among those who answered. Your answer was encouraging, something I can understand and I am appreciative for your time.

Trent

WhyFi 04-20-20 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Cypress (Post 21429216)
I have to keep a lot of opinions (not related to cycling) to myself because it goes against the opinions of the forum majority. The moderators side with that majority, so if you can't accept the politics it's best to move on. This place will only serve to frustrate you if you can't keep those thoughts to yourself.

His most recent thread was poofed because of the political bent, but most of the friction that he's seen has been the result of some pretty questionable bike-related content.

kissTheApex 04-20-20 11:41 AM

OP actually took a dig at everything from online shipping to clipless pedals and wheel sets etc, and didn’t like that he was the minority in whatever he was suggesting despite his giganormous credentials. Definitely did not like being called out on those either, so he decided to take his ball and go home.

WhyFi 04-20-20 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Cypress (Post 21429254)

"Tiny"? :twitchy:

Cypress 04-20-20 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21429272)
"Tiny"? :twitchy:

No worse than the perpetual bashing of the current administration that doesn't get pruned because it goes with the forum majority.

tomato coupe 04-20-20 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Cypress (Post 21429254)

I think there's a bit more to it. He has a long history of getting banned from forums for bad behavior.

WhyFi 04-20-20 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Cypress (Post 21429285)
No worse than the perpetual bashing of the current administration that doesn't get pruned because it goes with the forum majority.

Sure, I see actual tiny digs at the current admin, but I can't recall anything remotely similar to the OPs screed that went unchecked, regardless of political leanings. If you do, there's a "Report" button in the corner of the post.

Cypress 04-20-20 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by tomato coupe (Post 21429295)
I think there's a bit more to it. He has a long history of getting banned from forums for bad behavior.

Methinks we'll never know. I'm confident in my assessment though. I've been issued infractions for waaaay less than what OP said.

Cypress 04-20-20 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21429314)
Sure, I see actual tiny digs at the current admin, but I can't recall anything remotely similar to the OPs screed that went unchecked, regardless of political leanings. If you do, there's a "Report" button in the corner of the post.

Gotta see it in perspective. I see stuff that upsets me just as much as OP may have upset you (who knows) that's still up and being discussed and agreed upon BY THE MODS, and any small disagreement with that line of thinking would land me in the Boo-Box.

Unchecked? The whole thread is gone... I'd say that's pretty checked. ...unless I'm misunderstanding you.

mpath 04-20-20 12:08 PM

Some people don't have opinions, just facts.

Cypress 04-20-20 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by mpath (Post 21429363)
Some people don't have opinions, just facts.

There are no facts in politics. Only interpretations of cherry-picked data that lead to poorly-held opinions. 99.99999% of the population is guilty of this. The other 0.00001% are in hiding or awaiting sentencing.

BillyD 04-20-20 12:59 PM

Guys. Regarding politics, this is a BICYCLE forum. We like to keep it light and carefree. When you let politics flow it becomes a hostile environment. Then we'd have to charge you lugs membership fees so as to pay us to wade through all the angst, butthurt and hate.

So it works better this way, don't you think? :)

HeyItsSara 04-20-20 01:02 PM

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

BillyD 04-20-20 01:11 PM

C'mon guys, let's drop it. I just want to make my point about politics before we have to close this one too. OK? Enough.

tomato coupe 04-20-20 01:18 PM

I don't know if I've ever seen a twofer before, where a thread about a locked thread gets locked.

bahula03 04-20-20 01:41 PM

I believe that is referred to as Lock-ception :foo::roflmao2:

WhyFi 04-20-20 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by tomato coupe (Post 21429531)
I don't know if I've ever seen a twofer before, where a thread about a locked thread gets locked.

You've never shoved your foot in to your front wheel seen a locked thread about a locked thread before? I guess you're not a serious cyclist BF poster.

CAT7RDR 04-20-20 01:46 PM

How 'bout those Dodgers? :D