Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

rjones28 05-27-20 06:36 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21499553)
Car tire shopping isn't as fun as bike tire shopping. That said, I think I'm going Yokohama. Why? I don't know.

Neither do I.

WhyFi 05-27-20 06:50 AM

Man, the kids must be wrecked with all of the activity over the extended weekend - almost 8am and they're still sleeping.

Velo Vol 05-27-20 07:55 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21499569)
You have got to try harder to keep up.

No one told me. Interesting.

Velo Vol 05-27-20 08:02 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21499424)
Just watched this. Thanks for posting.

One question I had was on the first climb they did they said it was 5000 meters up, and that seems high to be in short sleeves. Maybe it's warmer there?

Bah Humbug 05-27-20 08:12 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21499553)
Car tire shopping isn't as fun as bike tire shopping. That said, I think I'm going Yokohama. Why? I don't know.

Oh I disagree. I just wish something would give me an excuse to put a set of KO2s on the GX. Not to mention, the feeling of attacking 6" of fresh-fallen snow with new Blizzaks...

LAJ 05-27-20 08:37 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21499567)
Why do you hate your car this much?

No ****.

Yokohama makes a very good tire.

LAJ 05-27-20 08:44 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21499741)
One question I had was on the first climb they did they said it was 5000 meters up, and that seems high to be in short sleeves. Maybe it's warmer there?

I've gone to the top of Evans in short sleeves. It's important to do it early, as the world is different at 14,000 feet. Clouds and weather tends to roll in every afternoon, and it can soon go from 50+ degrees, to under 30, in a heartbeat.

LAJ 05-27-20 08:45 AM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 21499788)
No ****.

Yokohama makes a very good tire.

Though I did roll a set of Continental's on the Ranger about 10 years ago, with no issue.

Velo Vol 05-27-20 08:47 AM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 21499800)
I've gone to the top of Evans in short sleeves. It's important to do it early, as the world is different at 14,000 feet. Clouds and weather tends to roll in every afternoon, and it can soon go from 50+ degrees, to under 30, in a heartbeat.

I once went to the top (in auto) and it was cold in August.

LAJ 05-27-20 08:51 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21499807)
I once went to the top (in auto) and it was cold in August.

Correct. That's why you bring stuff to descend in.

WhyFi 05-27-20 08:56 AM

Woo hoo! It finally arrived -

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...c9919d90f9.jpg

bampilot06 05-27-20 09:06 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21499822)


sick!!!!! what is it?

WhyFi 05-27-20 09:08 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21499846)
sick!!!!! what is it?

A participation award/patch.

It was for the Festive 500 that I did in Virginia the last week of the year. 500 km between Christmas Eve and New year's Eve.

LesterOfPuppets 05-27-20 09:09 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21499846)
sick!!!!! what is it?

He's gonna put it on his vest!

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...8286a98b8b.jpg

abshipp 05-27-20 09:16 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 21499854)
He's gonna put it on his vest!

I really should have put together a battle vest when I was a young metalhead. I feel like it's too late now to start.

datlas 05-27-20 09:16 AM

I was thinking of writing a letter to Strava giving them some feedback about their recent change in service. It may feel good to get it off my chest, but now I wonder if it’s even worth my time.

datlas 05-27-20 09:17 AM

The sourdough is baking. It could be fail.

abshipp 05-27-20 09:19 AM


Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21499868)
I really should have put together a battle vest when I was a young metalhead. I feel like it's too late now to start.

I do have a black waxed canvas rando bag with a lot of free real estate though...

seedsbelize 05-27-20 09:19 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21499526)
what list?

The list in the multiquote. The point being: do you have any idea about what AG has been working on?

bampilot06 05-27-20 09:23 AM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 21499877)
The list in the multiquote. The point being: do you have any idea about what AG has been working on?


I know nothing about computers. It looks very impressive though.

seedsbelize 05-27-20 09:23 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21499577)
And I haven't ridden Conti on the bike in... probably 7 years. They're good tires, but there's no way to meet or exceed the hype that some BFers project upon them. I've been happy trying out a variety of offerings from other manufacturers and most don't seem to have a problem putting out a pretty damn competent product.

I put off buying that heavily hyped Conti, until the price came down to close-out level. And I was more impressed than I thought I would be. Wish I'd bought more, at that price.

bampilot06 05-27-20 09:24 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21499869)
I was thinking of writing a letter to Strava giving them some feedback about their recent change in service. It may feel good to get it off my chest, but now I wonder if itís even worth my time.


From what I have been reading about them, as in the creators, they are very receptive to feed back.

WhyFi 05-27-20 09:28 AM


Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21499868)
I really should have put together a battle vest when I was a young metalhead. I feel like it's too late now to start.

I think think that there's an inverse relationship. The older you get the more acceptable it is to revel in your glory days. That or, as you just get older, you just don't give a ****.

Velo Vol 05-27-20 09:39 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21499869)
I was thinking of writing a letter to Strava giving them some feedback about their recent change in service. It may feel good to get it off my chest, but now I wonder if itís even worth my time.

More worthwhile than posting about it here, probably.

abshipp 05-27-20 09:48 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21499896)
I think think that there's an inverse relationship. The older you get the more acceptable it is to revel in your glory days. That or, as you just get older, you just don't give a ****.

I think I peaked as a metalhead when I was in the pit when I saw Meshuggah and they played "Bleed". Absolutely exhilarating and terrifying.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:52 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.