Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

Bah Humbug 03-18-22 04:36 PM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22443202)
Lawn mowing... yuk.

That is the one thing I have not gotten back to after the crash.

rjones28 03-18-22 04:40 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22443395)
I’ve already mowed once.

There is still a patch of snow in the shady part of one of the lawns.

indyfabz 03-18-22 05:00 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22443376)
How was it?

I didn’t even like standing that close to that thing. I could envision the roaches crawling around inside.

ls01 03-18-22 05:03 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22443395)
I’ve already mowed once.

Disgusting...

ls01 03-18-22 05:04 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22443429)
That is the one thing I have not gotten back to after the crash.

That's a long way for a silver lining.

big john 03-18-22 05:07 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22443446)
I didn’t even like standing that close to that thing. I could envision the roaches crawling around inside.

Yuck.

LesterOfPuppets 03-18-22 05:51 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22443446)
I didn’t even like standing that close to that thing. I could envision the roaches crawling around inside.

The roaches can't really get to the chili/cheese, they come in bags.

#safeasmilk

indyfabz 03-18-22 06:48 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22443483)
The roaches can't really get to the chili/cheese, they come in bags.

#safeasmilk

But they can crawl in the machine and the nozzles.

indyfabz 03-18-22 06:51 PM

Grilled snapper marinated in white wine and garlic then stuffed with lemon and fresh oregano then slow grilled. Simple salad of baby greens with a dressing of olive oil, lemon juice and homemade tarragon vinegar.


https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...414a6ec93.jpeg

datlas 03-18-22 07:03 PM

Poor Heidi! She is trying to do her taxes. Her income is pretty low, but she does have to file. She has wasted time doing “free” online tax programs only to find all of them insist she has to pay $50-80 to actually file them.

After much frustration, we decided to print out the 1040 form and have her file with paper.

Mojo31 03-18-22 07:21 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22443529)
Poor Heidi! She is trying to do her taxes. Her income is pretty low, but she does have to file. She has wasted time doing “free” online tax programs only to find all of them insist she has to pay $50-80 to actually file them.

After much frustration, we decided to print out the 1040 form and have her file with paper.

Efile is the catch. People will pay on the promise of a faster refund.

Use the program, then print and mail.

Mojo31 03-18-22 07:22 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22443522)
Grilled snapper marinated in white wine and garlic then stuffed with lemon and fresh oregano then slow grilled. Simple salad of baby greens with a dressing of olive oil, lemon juice and homemade tarragon vinegar.


https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...414a6ec93.jpeg

Yum. Love snapper.

datlas 03-18-22 07:27 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22443540)
Efile is the catch. People will pay on the promise of a faster refund.

Use the program, then print and mail.

Programs are a scam. Won’t let you print without paying. Doing it old school.

datlas 03-18-22 07:37 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22443558)
Efile.com and Turbo Tax let you prep and efile for free if using the simple form.

Does she need to file using Form 1040? That would be unusual for a student.

They say so but she has a small amount of a scholarship/grant that triggered a 1099-MISC which triggers a fee from the “free” programs.

She should be able to use 1040EZ but they phased that out.

Mojo31 03-18-22 07:38 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22443561)
They say so but she has a small amount of a scholarship/grant that triggered a 1099-MISC which triggers a fee from the “free” programs.

I see. I just noticed Form 1040EZ has been discontinued.

seedsbelize2 03-18-22 08:05 PM

I made the mistake of going into meta Facebook today. As part of the (unsuccessful) sixteen step log out process, they wanted to know if I wanted out of my own account or the wrong account. At one point I was asked to log in in order to log out.

seedsbelize2 03-18-22 08:07 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22442951)
Crazy talk.

I'm not doing anything, as I wait for my energy and stamina to return. I figured there's no time like the present.

big john 03-18-22 08:08 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22443483)
The roaches can't really get to the chili/cheese, they come in bags.

#safeasmilk

Bag 'O' Roaches?

seedsbelize2 03-18-22 08:11 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22443529)
Poor Heidi! She is trying to do her taxes. Her income is pretty low, but she does have to file. She has wasted time doing “free” online tax programs only to find all of them insist she has to pay $50-80 to actually file them.

After much frustration, we decided to print out the 1040 form and have her file with paper.

TurboTax ftw

seedsbelize2 03-18-22 08:19 PM

And another six step process to cancel Prime.

Mojo31 03-18-22 08:22 PM

CPA


But, I have issues. ☹️

abshipp 03-18-22 09:03 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22443047)
Have any of yous Shimano disc brake folks tried out the Kool Stop organic pads (KS-D625)? Shimano pads are backordered for month and months and I'm due.

I have their D620 pads on my mountain bike. I notice no difference in stopping performance between them and the stock B01S pads.

Maybe a bit noisier but pads are pads.

​​​​​​FWIW we haven't had any complaints at the shop about them even from folks that wanted OEM pads.

big john 03-18-22 09:14 PM


Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 22443614)
I have their D620 pads on my mountain bike. I notice no difference in stopping performance between them and the stock B01S pads.

Maybe a bit noisier but pads are pads.

​​​​​​FWIW we haven't had any complaints at the shop about them even from folks that wanted OEM pads.

My mtb came with the B01S pads and there are a bunch of other Shimano part numbers that fit.

LesterOfPuppets 03-18-22 10:33 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22443586)
And another six step process to cancel Prime.

I've cancelled Prime so many times, I can do it in my sleep now.

This reminds me I haven't set a reminder for the end of my current free month, I better get on that.

LesterOfPuppets 03-18-22 10:39 PM

It's too bad the House of Irish Coffee never became as common as Starbucks.

https://scontent.fphx1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...vg&oe=6239B62F


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:25 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.