Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

BillyD 07-07-20 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21575010)
Heh. You mentioning that just reminds me of an old neighbor in Brooklyn. Very conservative, moved from NYC to CA and then to TX. Anyway, the wife posted a very smug "sorry, not sorry" (literally - that was the caption) set of party pics, her and her friends all cozy and crowding together for selfies... this was just after TX started loosening up. In the process she invited/taunted her CA and NYC friends, saying they were welcome to come over and enjoy the freedoms.

How's that going for ya now, ya ****?

Isn’t that spelled with five letters?

phrantic09 07-07-20 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 21574982)
I ride in high humidity almost every time I ride, and have never come home wet. I get wet after I stop, but not while moving. And I sweat heavily.

I’m wet more often than not. Sweat pours out of my helmet at stops.

WhyFi 07-07-20 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21575034)
Isn’t that spelled with five letters?

I decided on a choose-your-own four letter word. It gives the reader a little bit of freedom.

Bah Humbug 07-07-20 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21575010)
Heh. You mentioning that just reminds me of an old neighbor in Brooklyn. Very conservative, moved from NYC to CA and then to TX. Anyway, the wife posted a very smug "sorry, not sorry" (literally - that was the caption) set of party pics, her and her friends all cozy and crowding together for selfies... this was just after TX started loosening up. In the process she invited/taunted her CA and NYC friends, saying they were welcome to come over and enjoy the freedoms.

How's that going for ya now, ya ****?

I get that it's easier for an introvert, but...

Yeah there's a lotta dumb here.

Bah Humbug 07-07-20 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21575053)
I decided on a choose-your-own four letter word. It gives the reader a little bit of freedom.

Censor Mad-Libs!

datlas 07-07-20 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21575066)
Censor Mad-Libs!

I'm in!

datlas 07-07-20 06:38 PM

I survived another 2 days of work and will be rewarded with a fun ride tomorrow. :bday:

DougRNS 07-07-20 06:40 PM

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...0d9aa9d6ff.jpg
Dew point comes in many shapes and sizes.

SMH

Pirkaus 07-07-20 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21573785)
What ended up happening?

After 2 months of nothing but walking while recovering from the accident, I started doing base training and light intervals.
I was started on 50 mg twice a day Metoprolol Tartrate, after 2 months switched to 100 mg Metoprolol Succinate. While on a 30 day heart rhythm monitor, I increased the load until I started having v-tachs, then back off a little. Cardiologist approved of plan and here I am. It took a little adjustment once I started riding on the road, but I'll just watch my heart rate data and ride as much as I can without triggering a v-tach. Life's little curve balls. :thumb:

datlas 07-07-20 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Pirkaus (Post 21575138)
After 2 months of nothing but walking while recovering from the accident, I started doing base training and light intervals.
I was started on 50 mg twice a day Metoprolol Tartrate, after 2 months switched to 100 mg Metoprolol Succinate. While on a 30 day heart rhythm monitor, I increased the load until I started having v-tachs, then back off a little. Cardiologist approved of plan and here I am. It took a little adjustment once I started riding on the road, but I'll just watch my heart rate data and ride as much as I can without triggering a v-tach. Life's little curve balls. :thumb:

Fun fact: Metoprolol Succinate (also known as Toprol-XL) is the ONE extended release medicine I can think of that can be cut or crushed. The actual molecule is metabolized slower. That's unusual with medicines, most "extended release" medicines are coated and can't be crushed/cut yet maintain the extended release property.

Bah Humbug 07-07-20 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Pirkaus (Post 21575138)

That sounds more like a 101mph fastball coming in to bean you on the head, but glad you're improving!

seedsbelize 07-07-20 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 21575050)

I use one of those ultra lightweight headsweats type things. Air conditioning for the head. Perhaps there is someone out there who seeats more heavily than me. Who knew?

kissTheApex 07-07-20 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21574944)
Bad, but not as bad as flooding the country with dope...

Oh yeah, that’s a whole other level of bad, those people will have their own level of hell, right there with abusers and people talk at the movie theaters!

Bah Humbug 07-07-20 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by kissTheApex (Post 21575160)
Oh yeah, that’s a whole other level of bad, those people will have their own level of hell, right there with abusers and people talk at the movie theaters!

...and the people who ride around playing music from their iPhones?

kissTheApex 07-07-20 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 21575050)

I’m the same way. Doesn’t matter if it’s 5 minutes or 3 hours. I’m back home drenched.

kissTheApex 07-07-20 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21575161)
...and the people who ride around playing music from their iPhones?

Absolutely! I have no fricking clue when it became a thing... On two separate occasions, I saw people with Bluetooth speakers on their handlebars, playing music. On. Road bikes. :bang:

rjones28 07-07-20 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21574832)
Average speed is irrelevant off road. Shifting is faster and requires zero effort.

My average speed on the trails tonight was 4.4 mph.

rjones28 07-07-20 07:19 PM

I also drank a whole bottle of water.

LesterOfPuppets 07-07-20 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21575165)
My average speed on the trails tonight was 4.4 mph.

blistering!

Velo Vol 07-07-20 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 21574752)
Soupy out. Can’t wait for fall.

The season formerly known is summer is all but done. Sad.

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21574832)
Average speed is irrelevant off road.

That's dumb.

LesterOfPuppets 07-07-20 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21574614)

I was thinking of doing some work on my fatbike today (chopping the steerer and lubing chain) but it's 120°+ in the garage right now and it's not supposed to drop below 100° outside 'til 11pm or so.

Pirkaus 07-07-20 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21575146)
That sounds more like a 101mph fastball coming in to bean you on the head, but glad you're improving!

Actually an Acura RDX at @ 40mph. Finding out about the v-tach, while testing and checking for heart damage, I guess was the silver lining. I have never felt one or noticed it, but Doc said, the notice maybe syncope, or sudden death. Not playing around with this, just gonna ride my bikes and enjoy the view. :)

edit, tomorrow is my crashiversery, how time flys by.

Velo Vol 07-07-20 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21575143)
That's unusual with medicines, most "extended release" medicines are coated and can't be crushed/cut yet maintain the extended release property.

Ah, so that's why the Vimovo says, "Do not crush." (not that I was tempted to)

Speaking of which, generic V isn't covered so the nurse's plan B is naproxen + esomeprazole. Is that a sensible solution, given my daily prednisone?

BillyD 07-07-20 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21575064)
I get that it's easier for an introvert, but...

Yeah there's a lotta dumb here.

Brooklyn will always deliver.

rjones28 07-07-20 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 21575175)
blistering!

We did regroup couple of times (i.e. wait up for rjones28) and swapped bikes a couple of times - one of the guys got a new bike, we had the shop demo ebike with us, and it was the debut of AXS on my fat bike.