Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1233876)

indyfabz 08-30-21 04:45 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22206579)
First millennium: 0-999
Second millennium: 1000-1999
Repeat

Uncorrect by the most common calendar. There was no year 0 in the Gregorian calendar.

datlas 08-30-21 05:44 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22206824)
Uncorrect by the most common calendar. There was no year 0 in the Gregorian calendar.

I expect nothing less from His Obtuseness.

Trsnrtr 08-30-21 05:54 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22206824)
Uncorrect by the most common calendar. There was no year 0 in the Gregorian calendar.

Quit trying. It’s futile.

rjones28 08-30-21 06:17 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22206824)
Uncorrect by the most common calendar. There was no year 0 in the Gregorian calendar.

So, you missed 00/00/2000?

It was the first day of the new millennium.

Velo Vol 08-30-21 06:29 AM

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...addf300194.png

rjones28 08-30-21 06:41 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22206898)

Are you an astronomer?

BillyD 08-30-21 06:41 AM


Originally Posted by gnome (Post 22206460)
recieved my second microchip this morning. Arm's not even as sore as the first shot.

They use smaller chips for the second one.

rjones28 08-30-21 06:46 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22206471)
See posts #1 - #6631

What about post #0?

BillyD 08-30-21 06:49 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22206495)

No. 1999.


ls01 08-30-21 06:52 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22206910)
They use smaller chips for the second one.

Do they come with Salsa?

ls01 08-30-21 07:04 AM

I think the move back to 23mm wheels is the correct direction. The bike is so much more snappy and easy to keep @ speed. Rides nice @ 110psi front and back. I just bought another pair for back up set. On the negative side my replacement wheel shipped this morning, that set is 25mm wide. Oh well.

BillyD 08-30-21 07:05 AM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22206923)
Do they come with Salsa?

​​​​​​
I dunno, ask Vol, he knows everything.

ls01 08-30-21 07:05 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22206920)

we're you dreaming when you wrote this?

datlas 08-30-21 07:06 AM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22206940)
I think the move back to 23mm wheels is the correct direction. The bike is so much more snappy and easy to keep @ speed. Rides nice @ 110psi front and back. I just bought another pair for back up set. On the negative side my replacement wheel shipped this morning, that set is 25mm wide. Oh well.

You mean tires, yes?

FWIW I have found 23mmF and 25mmR to be ideal for my applications. The only nuisance is when the rear is worn I can't move F to R like conventional wisdom suggests.

Mojo31 08-30-21 07:08 AM

BillyD

Found this guy perched on the roof this morning. Any idears?

We have a lot of Mississippi Kites in our area, but this looks different. Unless it's a ute.

Sorry for cell, would have taken too long to run back in and get the big cam.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...154adf30eb.jpg

indyfabz 08-30-21 07:11 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22206952)
BillyD

Found this guy perched on the roof this morning. Any idears?

We have a lot of Mississippi Kites in our area, but this looks different. Unless it's a ute.

Sorry for cell, would have taken too long to run back in and get the big cam.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...154adf30eb.jpg

Millennium falcon from the year 1/1/0?

datlas 08-30-21 07:15 AM

So BikesDirect's first DEAL of the CENTURY was on 1/1/2000??

:foo:

Mojo31 08-30-21 07:17 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22206958)
Millennium falcon from the year 1/1/0?

No, that's in my son's apartment.

MoAlpha 08-30-21 07:21 AM

Hey, what is the favored way to create slack in a FD cable for adjustment? Right now, I'm shifting to the large ring, jamming an object between the chain and the cage, and popping the lever. Seems somewhat inelegant and I often don't get the slack I need. I have a 4th hand tool, but it breaks cable strands. Any other techniques?

DougRNS 08-30-21 07:38 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22206958)
Millennium falcon from the year 1/1/0?

that's quality right there.

DougRNS 08-30-21 07:45 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22206952)
BillyD

Found this guy perched on the roof this morning. Any idears?

We have a lot of Mississippi Kites in our area, but this looks different. Unless it's a ute.

Sorry for cell, would have taken too long to run back in and get the big cam.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...154adf30eb.jpg

That's a good picture for a cell phone. Lots of zoom but still crisp. I suspect it's an iPhone. I might have fomo.

indyfabz 08-30-21 07:48 AM

My money is on red tail.

indyfabz 08-30-21 07:51 AM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22207004)
That's a good picture for a cell phone. Lots of zoom but still crisp. I suspect it's an iPhone. I might have fomo.

I left my phone home this morning.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-6fFmXtLHMU...ial-242491.jpg

ksryder 08-30-21 08:05 AM

So this is Cyrus, a partially blind and deaf dog that we are fostering until he gets adopted. He is partially blind and deaf because of an irresponsible breeder who then compounded their irresponsibility by dumping all their unwanted dogs onto a shelter. (Seriously, people who run puppy mills are going straight to hell.) Cyrus spent the first year of his life in a kennel with virtually no socialization.

He's been in foster care for about 6 months and has made tremendous progress, he's just a very sweet happy playful boy now. His first foster caregiver had to move so my wife and I are watching him and we've had him for a little over a week. He's very respectful of our cats (seen here with recent foster fail kitten Geoff the polydactyl) and is getting along well with our resident dogs who can sometimes be a little cranky. (Seen here with Steve, the miniature pinscher mix.)

He's an Australian Shepherd and is incredibly smart, already knows a few basic commands and we're going to keep working with him on that. He picks things up very quickly.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...106003676.jpeg
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...bd3009acd.jpeg

ls01 08-30-21 08:16 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22206977)
Hey, what is the favored way to create slack in a FD cable for adjustment? Right now, I'm shifting to the large ring, jamming an object between the chain and the cage, and popping the lever. Seems somewhat inelegant and I often don't get the slack I need. I have a 4th hand tool, but it breaks cable strands. Any other techniques?

Depends on how much slack you need. I use the limit screw or.. shift to the big ring and down shift without pedaling.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:38 PM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.