Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.4 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1239811)

Velo Vol 12-27-21 06:55 AM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22352599)
Drink coffee- fake miles


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22352605)
Delete and ban spam from Bike Forums.


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22352608)
Catch up on all the work you havenít been doing?

Nope. And I've been working all along. #Productive

Velo Vol 12-27-21 07:37 AM

Without looking who knows where they drop a giant acorn?


datlas 12-27-21 07:47 AM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22352605)
Delete and ban spam from Bike Forums.

A mod's job is never done. I imagine it feels like whack-a-mole. Yes?

Trsnrtr 12-27-21 07:52 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22352400)
We have a few stink bugs flying around.

Heidi tells me they don’t have them in LA.

We have some in Addiction, though. :innocent:

indyfabz 12-27-21 07:54 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22352657)
Without looking who knows where they drop a giant acorn?

https://twitter.com/USATODAY/status/1475459701684912133

Harrisburg, PA does a giant strawberry.

phrantic09 12-27-21 07:55 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22352627)
Back to work. Grr.

Iím pretty sure Iím the only one working today at my company

Trsnrtr 12-27-21 07:55 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22352668)
A mod's job is never done. I imagine it feels like whack-a-mole. Yes?

If you only knew.

indyfabz 12-27-21 08:19 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22352627)
Back to work. Grr.

I never left, other than omn Friday. But unlike your situation, so many people (inside and outside the company) are off this week that there is usually little to do.

LAJ 12-27-21 08:27 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22352668)
A mod's job is never done. I imagine it feels like whack-a-mole. Yes?

Indeed. It would seem the first lesson in spam school would be a certain command of the language your are trying to spam in. That appears to be rather far down the list, so that does help a bit.

Velo Vol 12-27-21 08:46 AM

Map of the Day

27 December 2021


indyfabz 12-27-21 09:09 AM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22352695)
Indeed. It would seem the first lesson in spam school would be a certain command of the language your are trying to spam in. That appears to be rather far down the list, so that does help a bit.

That's like when I get a fake call allegedly from the electric company telling me I was overcharged and the caller is speaking with a thick accent that is difficult to understand. Uh...I know you don't work for the Philadelphia Electric Company speaking like that.

MoAlpha 12-27-21 09:12 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22352719)

That 600K to retire "comfortably" in the US sounds like a single-wide and a solid chance of a Medicaid spend-down and ending your days in a nursing home you wouldn't board your cat in.

Trsnrtr 12-27-21 09:15 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22352745)
That 600K to retire "comfortably" in the US sounds like a single-wide and a solid chance of a Medicaid spend-down and ending your days in a nursing home you wouldn't board your cat in.

Yep. The linked map is pretty worthless. For one thing, I like how they report to the nearest dollar. :rolleyes:

Trsnrtr 12-27-21 09:16 AM

We have a damp miserable day with falling temps. If I'm going to ride outside, I better get going or else it will be Kickr time.

big john 12-27-21 09:32 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22352745)
That 600K to retire "comfortably" in the US sounds like a single-wide and a solid chance of a Medicaid spend-down and ending your days in a nursing home you wouldn't board your cat in.

I don't have anywhere near $600k and I retired in an expensive area, but I had to get out of there. Manager asked how much money it would take to keep me from retiring and I wouldn't allow myself to consider it. It will be 3 years in April and the time has flown by.

Mojo31 12-27-21 09:50 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22352745)
That 600K to retire "comfortably" in the US sounds like a single-wide and a solid chance of a Medicaid spend-down and ending your days in a nursing home you wouldn't board your cat in.

Double that and you might get a double wide with a carport.

big john 12-27-21 09:52 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22352792)
Double that and you might get a double wide with a carport.

I want a double wide with a carport if I can pick a place to put it.

MoAlpha 12-27-21 09:53 AM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22352778)
I don't have anywhere near $600k and I retired in an expensive area, but I had to get out of there. Manager asked how much money it would take to keep me from retiring and I wouldn't allow myself to consider it. It will be 3 years in April and the time has flown by.

Really hope it works out. I have a lot of dough and I'm still nervous about retiring, but maybe that says more about me than about reality.

Velo Vol 12-27-21 09:55 AM

Oh, now the post critics come out.

Mojo31 12-27-21 10:02 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22352795)
Really hope it works out. I have a lot of dough and I'm still nervous about retiring, but maybe that says more about me than about reality.

A lot depends on the lifestyle you want to live. I think most people would be very happy if they could maintain pre-retirement lifestyle after they quit working.

The problem is that as your work income increases, your lifestyle typically does as well. Most donít want to cut back when the income stops.

genejockey 12-27-21 10:02 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22352740)
That's like when I get a fake call allegedly from the electric company telling me I was overcharged and the caller is speaking with a thick accent that is difficult to understand. Uh...I know you don't work for the Philadelphia Electric Company speaking like that.

Yeah, sometimes you just get so negative.....

genejockey 12-27-21 10:11 AM

UPS now sez TODAY for the Litespeed! “I am as light as a feather, I am as happy as an angel, I am as merry as a schoolboy. I am as giddy as a drunken man. A merry Christmas to everybody! A happy New Year to all the world!"

big john 12-27-21 10:19 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22352795)
Really hope it works out. I have a lot of dough and I'm still nervous about retiring, but maybe that says more about me than about reality.

So far it's been ok. Haven't had to tap into my savings and Mrs John has not applied for SS yet. She gets a small pension and has a couple of IRAs that chip in a bit. She's about to turn 64 and wants to wait another year for SS.
If I could talk her into moving we could buy something and pay about half of what we pay for rent. The choices are becoming more limited on that idea, though.

I was scared ****less before retiring, had no idea what to expect. Figured they would take me back if need be, and I'm happy it hasn't come to that.

big john 12-27-21 10:21 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22352803)

The problem is that as your work income increases, your lifestyle typically does as well. Most donít want to cut back when the income stops.

Fortunately I don't have that problem..

MoAlpha 12-27-21 10:27 AM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22352813)
So far it's been ok. Haven't had to tap into my savings and Mrs John has not applied for SS yet. She gets a small pension and has a couple of IRAs that chip in a bit. She's about to turn 64 and wants to wait another year for SS.
If I could talk her into moving we could buy something and pay about half of what we pay for rent. The choices are becoming more limited on that idea, though.

I was scared ****less before retiring, had no idea what to expect. Figured they would take me back if need be, and I'm happy it hasn't come to that.

Definitely easier for a couple.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:17 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.