Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

DougRNS 03-09-22 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22433468)
Now I feel stupid.
Wordle 263 6/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
🟨🟩⬜🟨⬜
🟨🟩🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Now?

Mojo31 03-09-22 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22433483)
#TheUsualSuspects

A gang of 8 juveniles hanging around with nothing to do in the human world would be trouble waiting to happen. :lol:

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...fed74ad96f.jpg

I love how they all automatically adhere to the standard personal spacing.

This time of year, we get ducks swimming in our pool. They **** in it and make a mess. When I see them, I run out and loudly yell "Get the duck out of here!"

The doves that nest on my patio speakers every spring also make a mess.

Too bad we live in city limits.

genejockey 03-09-22 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22433525)
Now?

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...bde1d53ae9.jpg

genejockey 03-09-22 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22433479)
Surprisingly, not easy here unless you look at the interstates.

You have to go to the Central Valley for that here. Even our interstates go up and down and side to side.

datlas 03-09-22 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22433519)
you should swing by nearby Knoxville to check in on Velo Vol

Looks kinda far in cycling distance. Where is that bear, anyway?

datlas 03-09-22 12:51 PM

We wasted/spent nearly 3 hours at the Verizon store to get two phones set up. Apparently the process of keeping the old numbers from tracfone was the major obstacle. Most of the time was spent on hold with Tracfone customer service.

We still have one more line to do, next week, when Heidi comes home for spring break.

I signed up for a short fake group ride on Zwift since it’s still raining here.

genejockey 03-09-22 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22433606)
We wasted/spent nearly 3 hours at the Verizon store to get two phones set up. Apparently the process of keeping the old numbers from tracfone was the major obstacle. Most of the time was spent on hold with Tracfone customer service.

We still have one more line to do, next week, when Heidi comes home for spring break.

I signed up for a short fake group ride on Zwift since itís still raining here.

I'm always amazed how long it takes to do that stuff. It's not like somebody in the Main Office has to go find the wire that corresponds to your phone number and physically move it to another place. It reminds me of how banks in the era of instant online wire transfers and verifications and all that would STILL put a multi-day hold on deposits.

Mojo31 03-09-22 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22433620)
I'm always amazed how long it takes to do that stuff. It's not like somebody in the Main Office has to go find the wire that corresponds to your phone number and physically move it to another place. It reminds me of how banks in the era of instant online wire transfers and verifications and all that would STILL put a multi-day hold on deposits.

They do that to get the interest on the funds. Those pennies add up quickly.

genejockey 03-09-22 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22433656)
They do that to get the interest on the funds. Those pennies add up quickly.

Of course! There has long been no other reasonable excuse - they did it because they could.

datlas 03-09-22 02:21 PM

I signed up for a an easy “sub 2.0” group ride but somehow ended up with a small group riding a bit harder. I ended up averaging 2.2 w/Kg which for me was not so easy.

datlas 03-09-22 02:23 PM

Since we were at the Verizon store all morning, mrs datlas was observing and noted the average age of the customers was about 65. I think that makes sense as we older folks need more hand-holding in person with technology. :50:

big john 03-09-22 02:31 PM

Last week I watched an episode of Undercover Boss featuring US Cellular. The boss went undercover into a store where he was informed setting up an existing customer with a new phone took about an hour and a new customer took 2 hours.

Fun fact: I still don't have a cell phone. Still don't want one.

indyfabz 03-09-22 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22433718)
Since we were at the Verizon store all morning, mrs datlas was observing and noted the average age of the customers was about 65. I think that makes sense as we older folks need more hand-holding in person with technology. :50:

Maybe it's time for this:

datlas 03-09-22 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22433737)

Soon. Sad!

DougRNS 03-09-22 04:54 PM

Had my follow up. Very perplexing. Lumbar and thoracic disc's are great no surgery (or jacket) required. He doesn't know what's wrong with me! Referred me to a place that does radio frequency ablation and facet nerve blocks and epidural spinal injections. I'm not going to waste my time with the epidural steroid injections if I can and go to something that will provide relief. At least i'm getting closer to getting some pain relief. What a cluster.

LAJ 03-09-22 05:20 PM

Silly Game

Wordle 263 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜🟨⬜🟨🟨
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

abshipp 03-09-22 05:52 PM

I've probably spent about an R8000 groupset having work done on both cars over the last week.

AC work on spouse's Escape, plus a bit of a worrying CEL on my truck. Has a bit of a rough idle and a camshaft/crankshaft position correlation error code. Exhaust camshaft solenoid was replaced at a shop and I put in new plugs at home today. Naturally I can't find my OBD2 reader after our move so had to buy a new one to keep tabs on everything because both cars have nuisance CELs from bad evap recovery system solenoids that don't really hurt performance but always leave the light illuminated.

Last time I had a similar code a new engine was put into the truck after a few weeks. At least that time it was covered by warranty but I'm long past that now. If that happens again it will essentially total the truck :(

Cars are dumb.

BillyD 03-09-22 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22433853)
Had my follow up. Very perplexing. Lumbar and thoracic disc's are great no surgery (or jacket) required. He doesn't know what's wrong with me! Referred me to a place that does radio frequency ablation and facet nerve blocks and epidural spinal injections. I'm not going to waste my time with the epidural steroid injections if I can and go to something that will provide relief. At least i'm getting closer to getting some pain relief. What a cluster.

:hug:

seedsbelize2 03-09-22 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22433853)

Sorry to hear this

DougRNS 03-09-22 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22433945)
Sorry to hear this

After I thought more about it, it is actually a good outcome although way too long and drawn out as it unfolded. My back is fine and requires no surgery. I would like to know what is causing my pain but I am most likely 2 or 3 months away from resuming my cycling and other activities mostly, if not completely pain free. It will wonderful. I don't even remember what it's like to not have burning pain down both legs.

I'm looking forward to riding and discovering how slow I'll be on a beta blocker. I have a feeling I'll never be the same again but I'll take what I can get.

rjones28 03-09-22 07:53 PM

We got a couple of inches of snow. I did not buy any phones.

big john 03-09-22 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 22433898)

Cars are dumb.

Can't argue with that. What car had the cam code? P0014?

abshipp 03-09-22 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22433999)
Can't argue with that. What car had the cam code? P0014?

My truck. 2011 Colorado with the 2.9 4cyl. P0017

​​​​​

big john 03-09-22 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 22434016)
My truck. 2011 Colorado with the 2.9 4cyl. P0017

​​​​​

Likely timing chain. Lots of miles? Kept the oil clean?
If you have a scan tool with outputs you can operate the actuators. If the chain is stretched you may be able to see that on live data.

abshipp 03-09-22 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22434054)
Likely timing chain. Lots of miles? Kept the oil clean?
If you have a scan tool with outputs you can operate the actuators. If the chain is stretched you may be able to see that on live data.

Shop said timing was OK. I assume a worn chain would mess with timing just like a worn bicycle chain causes skipping and such? Engine has about 70-80k since replacement. Not super short intervals on oil changes but never excessively long between them.

I've just got a basic scan tool. The code hasn't returned since it was worked on, but I'll keep an eye on it.