Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

seedsbelize2 03-11-22 12:12 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22435097)
My jury duty experience recently was an hour and a half spent in a really large room full of tables, each with one chair. As soon as I sat down, one of the clerks came in and said there was a delay in the trial. At least an hour passed, and two clerks came in, a man and a woman - masked, of course. The man said, "Mmmmmmfflemmmfflemmmmmfffffle" for about 30 seconds, while we all shouted, "WHAT?", till the woman finally said, "YOU'RE ALL EXCUSED!"

Did you get the $10?

seedsbelize2 03-11-22 12:24 PM

As you folks approach spring, we approach (for me) winter. I always think of the hot season here as winter, because it's uncomfortable to be outside. It gets confusing.
In other news, I have two herniated lumbar discs and a rotated left hip. Extended re-hab in the offing. It appears as if I can no longer blame sleeping in a bed for my low back issues. That activity decidedly exacerbates it. At 40, I would have no issue with all this re-hab; at 70 I wonder if it's worth the effort. They tell me it normally takes a year to correct it.

big john 03-11-22 12:45 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22435668)
Did you get the $10?

Here it's $15 per day but you don't get paid for the first day.

big john 03-11-22 12:47 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22435687)
As you folks approach spring, we approach (for me) winter. I always think of the hot season here as winter, because it's uncomfortable to be outside. It gets confusing.
In other news, I have two herniated lumbar discs and a rotated left hip. Extended re-hab in the offing. It appears as if I can no longer blame sleeping in a bed for my low back issues. That activity decidedly exacerbates it. At 40, I would have no issue with all this re-hab; at 70 I wonder if it's worth the effort. They tell me it normally takes a year to correct it.

That sounds awful. What's involved in the rehab, is it PT?

bampilot06 03-11-22 02:57 PM

Great ride with Lester!!!! I really like PHX, I could see myself living here.

big john 03-11-22 03:11 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22435846)
Great ride with Lester!!!! I really like PHX, I could see myself living here.

Some like it hot.

datlas 03-11-22 03:11 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22435846)
Great ride with Lester!!!! I really like PHX, I could see myself living here.

Kudos.

I would prefer Tucson because Mt Lemmon. Or Albuquerque because Sandia Crest.

Any good hillclimbs in PHX??

datlas 03-11-22 03:14 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22435865)
Some like it hot.

Cue up some vintage 1980's music, Power Station:


genejockey 03-11-22 03:22 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22435865)
Some like it hot.

IIRC, last year there was at least one day when it was too hot for planes to take off.

genejockey 03-11-22 03:23 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22435722)
Here it's $15 per day but you don't get paid for the first day.

PLus my company covers us for Jury Duty, and I think you're only eligible for the $15/day if you aren't being paid.

WhyFi 03-11-22 03:36 PM

Hey phrantic09 - did ya see the new Zipp hookless compatibility chart? https://www.sram.com/en/zipp/campaig...-compatibility

DougRNS 03-11-22 03:51 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22435870)
Cue up some vintage 1980's music, Power Station:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw1t7OCESUw

my goodness, the quality music Velo Vol is missing. Especially chuck Mangione.
#Fluglehorn

DougRNS 03-11-22 03:54 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22435687)
As you folks approach spring, we approach (for me) winter. I always think of the hot season here as winter, because it's uncomfortable to be outside. It gets confusing.
In other news, I have two herniated lumbar discs and a rotated left hip. Extended re-hab in the offing. It appears as if I can no longer blame sleeping in a bed for my low back issues. That activity decidedly exacerbates it. At 40, I would have no issue with all this re-hab; at 70 I wonder if it's worth the effort. They tell me it normally takes a year to correct it.

Dang, I am extremely sorry to hear this. Don't follow my example everything I did was wrong.

big john 03-11-22 04:04 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22435885)
PLus my company covers us for Jury Duty, and I think you're only eligible for the $15/day if you aren't being paid.

The one time I ended up on a panel (the case was plead out) I tried to get out of it based on financial hardship because I didn't get paid. Judge said "too bad".

Mojo31 03-11-22 04:05 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22435846)
Great ride with Lester!!!! I really like PHX, I could see myself living here.

sure, during the months of November thru April. Go back in July or August, and report back.

Mojo31 03-11-22 04:07 PM

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...8c5bf3a19.jpeg

big john 03-11-22 04:12 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22435902)
my goodness, the quality music Velo Vol is missing. Especially chuck Mangione.
#Fluglehorn

Power Station=Robert Palmer

rjones28 03-11-22 04:20 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22435911)
sure, during the months of November thru April. Go back in July or August, and report back.

We usually visit family in PHX during the off season. Hot.

big john 03-11-22 04:27 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22435867)
Kudos.

I would prefer Tucson because Mt Lemmon. Or Albuquerque because Sandia Crest.

Any good hillclimbs in PHX??

Tucson isn't quite as hot as Phoenix. It's also greener, has a lot more hills and a much smaller population. Mrs John has a sister there and I have a brother there.

Mojo31 03-11-22 04:39 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22435923)
Tucson isn't quite as hot as Phoenix. It's also greener, has a lot more hills and a much smaller population. Mrs John has a sister there and I have a brother there.

Higher elevation also.

bampilot06 03-11-22 04:41 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22435867)
Kudos.

I would prefer Tucson because Mt Lemmon. Or Albuquerque because Sandia Crest.

Any good hillclimbs in PHX??


There plenty, but we did not do any today. Cruised along the canals. It was amazing how little traffic there was, how clean the city was, and how quiet it was.

I know the summers get hot, but living in base and sun year round I think it might be worth the compromise. Wife wants florida. I don’t want to live in Miami, and the drive is too long for me to live in clear water.

Charlotte is still my first choice but she’s saying no. PHX would work.

Bah Humbug 03-11-22 04:43 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22434980)
As long as it's a pool with a bottom, I'm okay. Swimming in the bay or the ocean? I'd be well and truly scrood.

Lake? They have bottoms. Hard to see the line to keep straight though.

Also the ocean does have a bottom. Just also sharks.

Bah Humbug 03-11-22 04:44 PM

New plan is apparently just buy an extra house in CO. Because obvs.

big john 03-11-22 04:53 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22435937)
There plenty, but we did not do any today. Cruised along the canals. It was amazing how little traffic there was, how clean the city was, and how quiet it was.

I know the summers get hot, but living in base and sun year round I think it might be worth the compromise. Wife wants florida. I don’t want to live in Miami, and the drive is too long for me to live in clear water.

Charlotte is still my first choice but she’s saying no. PHX would work.

Why not Charlotte? Has she been there?

Bah Humbug 03-11-22 04:57 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22435687)
As you folks approach spring, we approach (for me) winter. I always think of the hot season here as winter, because it's uncomfortable to be outside. It gets confusing.
In other news, I have two herniated lumbar discs and a rotated left hip. Extended re-hab in the offing. It appears as if I can no longer blame sleeping in a bed for my low back issues. That activity decidedly exacerbates it. At 40, I would have no issue with all this re-hab; at 70 I wonder if it's worth the effort. They tell me it normally takes a year to correct it.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...e5c92be23.jpeg


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:17 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.