Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Track Cycling: Velodrome Racing and Training Area (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=210)
-   -   Interesting finds around the web (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=929230)

carleton 12-11-17 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by cfreemanpt (Post 20045848)
Hey y'all, since I'm a newbie I'm not allowed to post URLs just yet, but while searching around on Amazon I found these bars made by Lixada. They are being marketed as a track bar and look like a Scatto copy, but are retailing on Amazon for 74.00. Curious if anyone has any experience with them.

There is a 10 character unique Amazon ID for all of their products. Most begin with the letter "B" and it's in the URL. Maybe find that and post that and we can then copy and search for that.

EDIT: found it: B0757J9S8D

Wow, that is a really blatant copy of the Scatto.

cfreemanpt 12-11-17 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by carleton (Post 20045909)
There is a 10 character unique Amazon ID for all of their products. Most begin with the letter "B" and it's in the URL. Maybe find that and post that and we can then copy and search for that.

Hey Carleton, Here is the code I think you're talking about: B0757KS9J6

carleton 12-11-17 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by cfreemanpt (Post 20045934)
Hey Carleton, Here is the code I think you're talking about: B0757KS9J6

Thanks, I think we both found the IDs for 2 different sizes of the same product.

cfreemanpt 12-11-17 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by carleton (Post 20045992)
Thanks, I think we both found the IDs for 2 different sizes of the same product.

Yeah, they come in 37cm and 38.5cm widths. I haven't been able to find any reviews of them, nor can I find any info on reach/drop. But, being they look so similar to the Scattos I'm assuming they have similar reach/drop.

DMC707 12-11-17 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by cfreemanpt (Post 20045848)
Hey y'all, since I'm a newbie I'm not allowed to post URLs just yet, but while searching around on Amazon I found these bars made by Lixada. They are being marketed as a track bar and look like a Scatto copy, but are retailing on Amazon for 74.00. Curious if anyone has any experience with them.

Wow-- the thought of my large self doing a standing start with a pair of $75 carbon bars really makes me feel safe,

Im not an elitist, i like to save money, - but i recall Enve composites tested some counterfeit MTB bars. As a reference, theirs weighed 190grams, - 1 of the counterfeit bars weighed 120 and had the strength of a *******. (Not sure if said ******* was a saltine or a triscuit- or possibly even a piece of melba toast). -- scary

Edit: According to all the stars above, if you reference a square (or round if were talking Ritz ) food item, that is typically crumbled into soup, over a salad or even topped with a thin slice of artisanal cheese and maybe some prosciutto as an appetizer --- The computer interprets that as something egregious

What a world we are living in

1incpa 12-11-17 11:36 AM

A buddy of mine got these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Full-Carbon...-/263010898830

He got them about midway through last season. I don't know how they'll hold up long term, and I wouldn't use them, but he likes them.

BTW, he's an enduro racer, around 180lbs.

PI

carleton 12-11-17 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by DMC707 (Post 20046118)
Wow-- the thought of my large self doing a standing start with a pair of $75 carbon bars really makes me feel safe,

Im not an elitist, i like to save money, - but i recall Enve composites tested some counterfeit MTB bars. As a reference, theirs weighed 190grams, - 1 of the counterfeit bars weighed 120 and had the strength of a *******. (Not sure if said ******* was a saltine or a triscuit- or possibly even a piece of melba toast). -- scary

Edit: According to all the stars above, if you reference a square (or round if were talking Ritz ) food item, that is typically crumbled into soup, over a salad or even topped with a thin slice of artisanal cheese and maybe some prosciutto as an appetizer --- The computer interprets that as something egregious

What a world we are living in

That term is also used as a pejorative reference to a particular ethnic group.

Innocent in one context, inflammatory in another.

DMC707 12-11-17 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by carleton (Post 20046309)
That term is also used as a pejorative reference to a particular ethnic group.

Innocent in one context, inflammatory in another.

I know I know :( :(

I hate to get regional here, but sadly that's a lot more applicable slur down in your neck of the woods than it is out west.

If I used that term on some of my Colorado friends, they wouldn't know what the heck I was talking about ---- they'd likely say
"No, but i'll take some Ladyfingers, as im making a Tiramisu later " :lol:

(dang -- just thinking about carbs all morning )

queerpunk 12-11-17 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by cfreemanpt (Post 20046026)
Yeah, they come in 37cm and 38.5cm widths. I haven't been able to find any reviews of them, nor can I find any info on reach/drop. But, being they look so similar to the Scattos I'm assuming they have similar reach/drop.

you can find them for like $42 on aliexpress.

@1incpa has a friend who has them.

cfreemanpt 12-11-17 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by 1incpa (Post 20046157)
A buddy of mine got these: (snip)

He got them about midway through last season. I don't know how they'll hold up long term, and I wouldn't use them, but he likes them.

BTW, he's an enduro racer, around 180lbs.

PI

Yeah, I'm not big either, 160-165 pounds soaking wet, so..... Are they similar in drop/reach to the Scattos?

1incpa 12-11-17 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by cfreemanpt (Post 20046725)
Yeah, I'm not big either, 160-165 pounds soaking wet, so..... Are they similar in drop/reach to the Scattos?

I'm pretty sure they're close to an exact copy of the Scattos. They don't give the reach and drop on the ebay listing and I didn't measure them.
Sorry, I'm not much help.
PI

DMC707 12-11-17 06:00 PM

Not the position you want to be in with cheap carbon bars ---

https://i.imgur.com/oMuFyAn.jpg

cfreemanpt 12-11-17 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by 1incpa (Post 20046907)
I'm pretty sure they're close to an exact copy of the Scattos. They don't give the reach and drop on the ebay listing and I didn't measure them.
Sorry, I'm not much help.
PI

No worries! Thanks for the input!

southernfox 12-12-17 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by DMC707 (Post 20046336)
I know I know :( :(

I hate to get regional here, but sadly that's a lot more applicable slur down in your neck of the woods than it is out west.

If I used that term on some of my Colorado friends, they wouldn't know what the heck I was talking about ---- they'd likely say
"No, but i'll take some Ladyfingers, as im making a Tiramisu later " :lol:

(dang -- just thinking about carbs all morning )

FWIW, I publish/teach courses on slurs...it's not a slur in any context. Maybe a derogatory term (like 'runt') in the bad contexts. There are no slurs for white people (which is interesting in itself).

carleton 12-12-17 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by southernfox (Post 20047721)
FWIW, I publish/teach courses on slurs...it's not a slur in any context. Maybe a derogatory term (like 'runt') in the bad contexts. There are no slurs for white people (which is interesting in itself).

lolwut??? :foo:

I know of quite a few. A quick google search brought up a list with no less than 347...for white people alone.

queerpunk 12-12-17 07:46 AM

Rumor has it the Frisco Superdrome is closing - the lease is expiring and the landowner wants to use the land for something else.

A damn shame.

carleton 12-12-17 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by queerpunk (Post 20047837)
Rumor has it the Frisco Superdrome is closing - the lease is expiring and the landowner wants to use the land for something else.

A damn shame.

Damn.

queerpunk 12-12-17 08:10 AM

Plus the NSC only has two more seasons of operation.

southernfox 12-12-17 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by carleton (Post 20047814)
lolwut??? :foo:

I know of quite a few. A quick google search brought up a list with no less than 347...for white people alone.

They're not actually slurs, though. They're at most derogatory terms.

carleton 12-12-17 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by southernfox (Post 20047889)

https://media.tenor.co/images/619a29...a3424e5998/raw

DMC707 12-12-17 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by queerpunk (Post 20047837)

A damn shame.

This........ would really suck

southernfox 12-12-17 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by carleton (Post 20047908)

Dude, you're an expert (compared to me) at track...I'm an expert in linguistics and slurs/derogatory terms.

carleton 12-12-17 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by southernfox (Post 20048042)

Dude, you're an expert (compared to me) at track...I'm an expert in linguistics and slurs/derogatory terms.

[citation needed]

Until we get that citation, I'm an Astronaut.

Further, if it's used as a slur, it's a slur...whether it's received as such or not.

Ask any Hawaiian, Asian, Black, Latino, African person if their cultures have slurs that refer to White people. Ask any White kid that attends a predominantly non-White school if they've heard any slurs that refer to White people.

I grew up in one of the most racially charged areas in the USA with a mixed-race heritage. They exist.

queerpunk 12-12-17 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by southernfox (Post 20047889)

sounds like from a linguistic perspective, there's a difference. what's the difference?

carleton 12-12-17 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by spartanKid (Post 20048505)
You realize SouthernFox is a University Professor in Philosophy of Language, right?

No. Where is that stated?

I just found out she was Canadian a few days ago.