Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

genejockey 02-26-22 06:01 PM

I pulled enough weeds today to completely fill the Big Green Bin to overflowing. At a guess, almost my own body weight in weeds.

big john 02-26-22 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22421995)
To quote Bob Seger, "Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then."

Ignorance is bliss?

MoAlpha 02-26-22 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22422361)
My point is college is for fooling around, not getting serious. If you’re bringing somebody to meet the parents I think that’s a pretty serious step for a sophomore. How much of life have you experienced at the age of 20? College is for learning about life not getting settled down. I’m a strong advocate of NOT getting married early, despite the fact that it apparently works for some people.

We waited 8 years to get married, but I was experienced enough to know I’d never find anyone else with that combination of integrity, brains, common interests, pure silliness, and, yes, looks, who was willing to hang around with me.

genejockey 02-26-22 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22422429)
Ignorance is bliss?

Must be. I was pretty blissful as a ute, and lord knows I was ignorant.

datlas 02-26-22 06:14 PM

Rode from Pasadena to the observatory at the top of Mt Wilson. It was not easy.

big john 02-26-22 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22422436)
Rode from Pasadena to the observatory at the top of Mt Wilson. It was not easy.

Were there lots of other cyclists up there? We had a nice ride but not much climbing, just 5 of us. I'm more tired than I should be.

indyfabz 02-26-22 06:46 PM

My point is college is for fooling around, not getting serious. If you’re bringing somebody to meet the parents I think that’s a pretty serious step for a sophomore. How much of life have you experienced at the age of 20? College is for learning about life not getting settled down. I’m a strong advocate of NOT getting married early, despite the fact that it apparently works for some people.

I think I experienced a lot of life by 20. Parents divorced around age 8. Abusive mother. Unhealthy father with a gambling addiction for a while. Attended a prep school with people very much not like myself. While I screwed around much of college I ended up in a serious relationship my senior year. We ended up living together after I graduated and she was still in school. One of only two women I have ever lived with. Although it ended badly due to things I won’t mention, it ended up being for the best, and we later became friends again until we lost touch after several years. Broke my heart to later learn she had been hit by a truck and died while riding her bike home from Kent State, where she had recently taken a job as an Associate Professor of Geology. The incident was her fault. At first, part of me was so angry at her. But I kept thinking that we all do stupid things sometimes.

datlas 02-26-22 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22422463)
Were there lots of other cyclists up there? We had a nice ride but not much climbing, just 5 of us. I'm more tired than I should be.

Lots of cyclists riding until Clear Creek. Much fewer after that.

I am beat but do hope to ride tomorrow. Let me know your plans??

DougRNS 02-26-22 07:28 PM

I had a 10 ounce grilled pork chop, baked potato, Mac and cheese and pecan pie bread pudding with Cinnamon ice cream for our 3 pm meal. I came home and had my Saturday 2.75 hour nap.

Shrug.

LesterOfPuppets 02-26-22 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22422045)
I promise that I'd never do that to you! Enjoy!

Unfortunately nobody has posted one in Flemish, I'll have to listen to boring ol' English speaking presenters :)

LesterOfPuppets 02-26-22 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22422407)
I pulled enough weeds today to completely fill the Big Green Bin to overflowing. At a guess, almost my own body weight in weeds.

I'm gonna have to get out on the lawn tomorrow to pull some weeds. Probably have to take another run at the beds with the hoop hoe too.

Trsnrtr 02-26-22 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22422558)
I'm gonna have to get out on the lawn tomorrow to pull some weeds. Probably have to take another run at the beds with the hoop hoe too.

It was a good race even with commendation in English. ;)

K-B-K tomorrow. :bday:

LesterOfPuppets 02-26-22 08:29 PM

Porsche correspondence of the day:

https://scontent.fphx1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...eA&oe=621FB637

big john 02-26-22 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22421816)
I try to adhere to a FODMAP diet, but even then, I have all of the normal gastro problems. At first, it seemed to help a lot but over time, things seem to be gas as always.

All of my docs pretty much don't really seem to care. Even my gastroenterologist just shrugs it off like it is what it is; deal with it.

Maybe GI Joe could help.
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...dbe8488220.png

rjones28 02-26-22 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22422176)
We are all in the same club, yet they complain about glass ceilings. 🤔😂

???
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...9a8453b299.png

LesterOfPuppets 02-26-22 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22422563)
It was a good race even with commendation in English. ;)

The Sir Bradley Marc Wiggins bits are the best!

Mojo31 02-26-22 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22422603)

Women lover here. I was joking about Bam being told he couldn’t buy things while his wife buys whatever she wants.

seedsbelize2 02-26-22 09:36 PM

It's been Friday all day. And all of a sudden tomorrow is Sunday. Ride day. We watched 'Don't Look Up' this evening, on Netflix. Great ending. Funny movie.

seedsbelize2 02-26-22 09:43 PM

One more trip for me this Spring. Tue bright and early I head to Tulum on the bus. Transfer to a launch and end the day in Punta Allen. I was there once before, having ridden MTBs with a friend. Took us eight hours, from Tulum. I hear tell it takes five hours by jeep. Can't really be called a road. I will meet up with possibly my best friend, and meet her husband for the first time. Two nights and then back home.

LesterOfPuppets 02-27-22 02:42 AM

Wordle 253 6/6

🟨⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

phrantic09 02-27-22 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22421864)
Just finished Stage 2 of Rapha Rising - I ******g hate Ventoux - and now watching Amazon tracking for my drill and driver kit :D

Did it go all of the way up Ventoux?

phrantic09 02-27-22 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22422147)
I tend to like plain kit IRL, and on Zwift, I want to be able to pick myself out of a crowd at a glance. Then you get on TdZ, or some other multi-ride event, and you're all in the same kit!

Rapha is plain kit!

In Zwift, I still have my avatar wear the 2016 Tour of the Battenkill kit I got a code for when I signed up.

bampilot06 02-27-22 05:56 AM

Met my wife when I was 20, been together for 14 years, but have only been married 8 come Sept.

phrantic09 02-27-22 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22422187)
Mine rarely, if ever, says “no.” But, it sometimes takes some work to get a “yes.”

The only thing I get a no on is cars. I get let’s of eye rolls about the amount of “bike ****” that shows up and it’s a running joke with her and the kids

bampilot06 02-27-22 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22422622)
Women lover here. I was joking about Bam being told he couldn’t buy things while his wife buys whatever she wants.

The difference is, when she buys things it’s usually 40-60 dollars max. When I need things is 500-8,000 dollars. Now that I think about it I need to get 8,000 to move up some.