Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.2 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1249389)

Mojo31 04-03-22 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22460089)
No one wants to see me in a Speedo.

Or me. It’s bad enough when I put on bike shorts. Road or mountain.

seedsbelize2 04-03-22 12:39 PM

58 km. 1/3 of an Imperial century. When it's this hot, that light headwind is a gift.
it occurred to me to mount my dyno hub and lights, and then I could get out pre-dawn. And maybe get a full century.

seedsbelize2 04-03-22 12:41 PM

A motorcycle accident two blocks up the street, pre-dawn, resulted in a single fatality. 27 year old male.
Sad!
Facebook Post " data-width="500" data-show-text="true" data-lazy="true">
Facebook Post " class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore">Facebook Post

seedsbelize2 04-03-22 12:50 PM

My box fan chose today to freeze up. I opened it up and squirted a goodly amount of WD40 into the axle cavity snd it works a treat. I wonder if I would have been better off with PB Blaster. Surely the opportunity to test that option will arise.

seedsbelize2 04-03-22 12:52 PM

I have lately been wearing cotton madras shorts for cycling. An interim measure until I find something better. Polyester or nylon.

Velo Vol 04-03-22 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22460272)
A motorcycle accident two blocks up the street, pre-dawn, resulted in a single fatality. 27 year old male.
Sad! https://www.facebook.com/17706953565...6048376687084/

I thought you lived out in the boonies?

big john 04-03-22 01:49 PM

On a solo ride today heading home on a residential street through a sketchy area and I saw a young man lying motionless in the dirt. I turned around and rode over to him. His eyes were closed but I asked "Are you all right?" Without moving he says "Yeah." There was a garden tool in the dirt near him, as if he was working and just collapsed. He was on his left side and his head was in what looked to be a very uncomfortable position.

"Do you need any help?" I asked. "I'm good" he says, still motionless. I told him I thought I should check on him and he mumbled something about me stopping and I rode off. Weird.

BillyD 04-03-22 02:27 PM

I still wear a mask outside the house so I haven't caught any colds or sniffles or anything else. I don't miss them.

seedsbelize2 04-03-22 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22460307)
I thought you lived out in the boonies?

Relatively speaking. We live just outside the town limit. 25 km out of the city, In Expatspeak, the fact that there are not dozens of expats around, puts us out in the boonies. We are two of the three English speakers in the area. Culturally, we are out in the boonies.
Edit: And we sit on a half hectare(1.3 acre), and empty land beyond, so it feels boonie-like

bampilot06 04-03-22 02:59 PM

I really like the new Bronco. Prolly will never buy one, but would be tempted later on down the road.

seedsbelize2 04-03-22 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22460397)
I really like the new Bronco. Prolly will never buy one, but would be tempted later on down the road.

Mojo31 04-03-22 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22460397)

I really like the new Bronco. When I got the Jeep at the end of 2020, they were saying two to three years before they would be readily available, and I didn't want to wait.

If I were in the market, I’d take a good look at them. The only problem is to get one you are paying way over MSRP, and I don’t do that. They are probably still close to two years away from normalizing.

The Bronco Sport, by the way, is a joke.

bampilot06 04-03-22 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22460413)
I really like the new Bronco. When I got the Jeep at the end of 2020, they were saying two to three years before they would be readily available, and I didn't want to wait.

If I were in the market, I’d take a good look at them. The only problem is to get one you are paying way over MSRP, and I don’t do that. They are probably still close to two years away from normalizing.

The Bronco Sport, by the way, is a joke.

Im all about reliability, and that is more important to me then owning a potential car. If the reviews and reliability suck I will never buy one no matter how much I like the car.

As mush as I like to pretend I am a car guy, I have gotten to the point in my life I don’t care. I currently drive a mini van. Doesn’t bother me one bit, but I do wish the gas mileage was a little better.

seedsbelize2 04-03-22 03:20 PM

Is this the Ford Bronco we're talking about? I thought it was a bike.

Trsnrtr 04-03-22 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22460170)
Throat ache?

As posted on Strava, I've been dealing with a persistent cough for a few weeks, ever since I had bout with a cold. It's caused by a throat irritation. Some kind of nasal drip?

I had a similar problem about four years ago. Back then I saw the doctor, throat doctor, and they didn't help much. It eventually went away. I've thought it might be some kind of allergy, but I didn't have this lasting problem last year, or the year before, so :foo:.

Whatever it is, it seems to slowly be going away, again. Maybe.

Other than that, I'm doing just fine.

Instead of throat ache, I should have said raspy and constricted. I ache from my head to my knees during allergy season.

bampilot06 04-03-22 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22460418)
Is this the Ford Bronco we're talking about? I thought it was a bike.

Yes, The Ford Bronco.

bampilot06 04-03-22 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22460419)
Instead of throat ache, I should have said raspy and constricted. I ache from my head to my knees during allergy season.

Im not sure if I am getting allergies, a cold, what ever my daughter has, but it has knocked me down. I’m super fatigued and achy but no fever. Been sleeping most of the day. If the head ache would go away I might be able to function.

Mojo31 04-03-22 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22460417)
Im all about reliability, and that is more important to me then owning a potential car. If the reviews and reliability suck I will never buy one no matter how much I like the car.

As mush as I like to pretend I am a car guy, I have gotten to the point in my life I don’t care. I currently drive a mini van. Doesn’t bother me one bit, but I do wish the gas mileage was a little better.

With you on that. The women in my family like Range Rover. I say, “no way I pay for that.”

I pretended to be a car guy when my family was young.

Then got a 911 when I no longer had to haul kids and car seats. My “daily driver” at the time became a modest Nissan Rogue.

I wouldn’t buy an expensive car to park at the airport.

Bah Humbug 04-03-22 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22460370)
I still wear a mask outside the house so I haven't caught any colds or sniffles or anything else. I don't miss them.

I will likely as well.

Mojo31 04-03-22 03:32 PM

Went to REI with the wife this afternoon. Tried on a couple of things. Afterward, found myself walking around the store with my shirt on backwards.

I may need a guardian.

genejockey 04-03-22 03:36 PM

Today was "Animal Encounter" day for me.

It started out with seeing a crow preying on a baby squirrel. I thought briefly of intervening but 1) The crow had been at it a while, so the squirrel was mostly likely mortally wounded and 2) Crows gotta eat. Nature ain't Disney.

Then, on my ride, I was going through a wooded area and I see a deer cross in front of a car, close enough that they had to brake. As I got closer, I could see 3 more deer waiting, all does. I passed them warily, and said, "Hi, gals!"

Later, as I'm coming down a descent at about 30mph and as I'm going around a sweeping right hand turn, a coyote brazenly saunters across the road. I braked, he gave me a passing, nonchalant glance and didn't speed up at all, the arrogant mofo.

Still later, as I'm fighting my way through a cross/headwind something above me catches my eye. I look up and see a hawk, hanging motionless in the air, the way they can when the wind is strong enough.

Apart from that, it was a fun 54.8 mile ride on the Litespeed. I'm really glad I got this bike!!

bampilot06 04-03-22 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22460442)
Went to REI with the wife this afternoon. Tried on a couple of things. Afterward, found myself walking around the store with my shirt on backwards.

I may need a guardian.

atleast you still had your pants on……

Mojo31 04-03-22 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22460449)
atleast you still had your pants on……

I think I did.

Mojo31 04-03-22 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22460447)

It started out with seeing a crow preying on a baby squirrel. I thought briefly of intervening but 1) The crow had been at it a while, so the squirrel was mostly likely mortally wounded and 2) Crows gotta eat. Nature ain't Disney.

Then, on my ride, I was going through a wooded area and I see a deer cross in front of a car, close enough that they had to brake. As I got closer, I could see 3 more deer waiting, all does. I passed them warily, and said, "Hi, gals!"

Later, as I'm coming down a descent at about 30mph and as I'm going around a sweeping right hand turn, a coyote brazenly saunters across the road. I braked, he gave me a passing, nonchalant glance and didn't speed up at all, the arrogant mofo.

Still later, as I'm fighting my way through a cross/headwind something above me catches my eye. I look up and see a hawk, hanging motionless in the air, the way they can when the wind is strong enough.

Apart from that, it was a fun 54.8 mile ride on the Litespeed. I'm really glad I got this bike!!

I saw a guy barreling along on a hybrid with no helmet or shirt today.

Doppelgänger perhaps.

rjones28 04-03-22 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22460447)

Epic