Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.2 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1249389)

WhyFi 04-03-22 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22460587)
I guess we have a more peaceful bird population here.

Or just a less observant... um, observer.

Velo Vol 04-03-22 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22460589)
Giant brown squriel keeps the birds inline.

We have plenty of crows here, we have plenty of squirrels. I have never seen a crow hunting a squirrel.

bampilot06 04-03-22 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22460594)
We have plenty of crows here, we have plenty of squirrels. I have never seen a crow hunting a squirrel.

Have you ever seen a squirel eat a crow?

WhyFi 04-03-22 05:38 PM

Welp, as of this afternoon, all of the face frames are attached to the cabinet carcasses. :bday:

The insides have all been pre-sanded, but I do need to touch up a couple of exterior surfaces and then I can start priming/painting and working on the doors. I probably won't get all of the doors done by the end of next weekend, but I can take another week on them, if I need to; the main goal was to have the cabinets hung by the end of spring break, which isn't looking like a problem at this point.

WhyFi 04-03-22 05:42 PM

They're not likely to hunt full-sized squirrels, but they can be opportunists with babies. I saw a crow pluck a baby bunny out of a rock garden a couple of years ago. Couldn't quite hold on, though, and the bunny hid under a car after it hit the ground. When I left, the crow was still hopping around the car, tryin' to get at it.

Velo Vol 04-03-22 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22460598)
Have you ever seen a squirel eat a crow?

Nope. They coexist nicely.

genejockey 04-03-22 05:49 PM

Until today, I never had either, and I'm older than you. But rest assured, crows do eat small mammals.

LesterOfPuppets 04-03-22 06:04 PM

Programming note: The Redheaded Stranger is in Circle Network right now in the PHX market.

Boy that Morgan Fairchild was really something, I thought about her a lot BITD. :)

abshipp 04-03-22 06:11 PM

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...583f7574d4.jpg

Mojo31 04-03-22 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22460571)
Maybe your just a trend setter. We’re you the first to wear two pairs of polos at the same time with the collar popped?

That’s something that should never have happens but it did, and you can re live it by watching Hitch.

Never participated in the two shirt craze. Couldn’t afford that many shirts.

Mojo31 04-03-22 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 22460632)

WhyFi 04-03-22 06:23 PM

[pic]

Nice pic!

I had a run-in with a disco ball last week.

When we moved in to the house, almost 10 years ago, we found a little disco ball hanging in the basement. Within the first couple of years of living here, my wife met an older lady that grew up in the house. She told my wife that she, and her (three?) sisters had hung the ball in the basement and used to dance down there. Some of the mirror pieces had fallen off of the ball, but I kept it around as part of the history of the house. Last week. as I was working on the cabinets, I bonked my damn head in to the thing - I'm always bashing my head on something in the low-ceilinged basement - little mirrors came showering down, the ball thunked and rolled sadly on the floor, bereft of most of its mirrors.

It all got swept up and put in the trash. Oh well, I tried to keep it around for as long as I could, but I sure as hell wasn't going to collect and glue all of the mirrors back in place.

DougRNS 04-03-22 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22460627)
Programming note: The Redheaded Stranger is in Circle Network right now in the PHX market.

Boy that Morgan Fairchild was really something, I thought about her a lot BITD. :)

hmm. Reminds me of this

DougRNS 04-03-22 06:27 PM

Animal cruelty, reported.

DougRNS 04-03-22 06:31 PM

I worked for about 3 hours yesterday but almost cut my hair. Today I did and look dapper for a human with multiple system failures.

seedsbelize2 04-03-22 06:39 PM

Well well well. I couldn't get the site to load, on Brave. So, in desperation i opened it in Google. Ads. I was seeing ads right in the posts! A hah! I bet I'm not logged in. And sure enough I wasn't, so I corrected that. And I still had ads. I'm back on Brave now. And living the ad free life, without being a premium member.
#playingthesystem

datlas 04-03-22 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22460658)
Well well well. I couldn't get the site to load, on Brave. So, in desperation i opened it in Google. Ads. I was seeing ads right in the posts! A hah! I bet I'm not logged in. And sure enough I wasn't, so I corrected that. And I still had ads. I'm back on Brave now. And living the ad free life, without being a premium member.
#playingthesystem

I see a seedsbelize3 in your future…. :innocent:

Velo Vol 04-03-22 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22460616)
Until today, I never had either, and I'm older than you. But rest assured, crows do eat small mammals.

Must not happen often, otherwise there wouldn't be many squirrels.

rjones28 04-03-22 06:48 PM

I know that kid on the top step. She used to ride for our shop. Set her up with her first racing bike, when she was a high school freshmen. Today she won a collegiate road racing championship as a college freshman. :)

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...70e2824a25.png

Velo Vol 04-03-22 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22460643)
I sure as hell wasn't going to collect and glue all of the mirrors back in place.

No appreciation of artifacts. Sad.

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22460654)
I worked for about 3 hours yesterday but almost cut my hair. Today I did and look dapper for a human with multiple system failures.

POIDH

DougRNS 04-03-22 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22460676)
I know that kid on the top step. She used to ride for our shop. Set her up with her first racing bike, when she was a high school freshmen. Today she won a collegiate road racing championship as a college freshman. :)

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...70e2824a25.png

Georgia Tech got on the podium?

rjones28 04-03-22 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22460541)
It's still winter, though.

In a venn diagram, we're in the part of the year when winter and mowing season overlap (not to scale).

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...4f824edc05.png

Snow all afternoon. No lawn mowing today.

genejockey 04-03-22 07:09 PM

Speaking of baby squirrels, I woke up from my nap hearing a strange sound. Mrs. GeneJockey went outside and said, "There's a baby squirrel! And it's alive!"

So, I'm sitting here typing this while a little squirrel, who's probably <6 weeks old, is moving around in a box with some shredded paper. It's making little noises. Its eyes still seem to be closed, and it is still moving very weakly, like baby things do. We seem to have missed the window on getting it to the wildlife care center tonight, so it looks like we're taking care of it till tomorrow.

EDIT: Same size as the other one, which makes me think their nest was destroyed/ripped open somehow. The first one was on one side of the yard at about 9:30 AM, while this one was about 20 yards away, at about 5PM. Not sure where the nest was, or whether they were carried there by something, maybe the crows?

DougRNS 04-03-22 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22460700)
Snow all afternoon. No lawn mowing today.

Yellow snow?

DougRNS 04-03-22 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22460681)
POIDH

I also washed my wife's car.