Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.2 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1249389)

WhyFi 04-10-22 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22468111)
You mean tubeless has some downsides?? :innocent:

Obviously. I give my Fair and Balanced™ opinion on it all the time.

Velo Vol 04-10-22 05:48 PM

Adventures while out mowing

(obviously not adventures mowing, LAJ)

I was out mowing with my dad, driving a senior Honda (not the senior Honda), when all of a sudden the mower trailer starts swerving from side to side. wut

I applied the brakes, not very hard, and the trailer bangs into the bumper. wut wut

Turns out a pin that holds the hitch together came out, and the hitch came apart.. Fortunately it wasn't on a busy road, or at a high speed. A passer by stopped and offered a replacement for the lost pin.

Got to the radio station to mow, and I saw not one, but six deers dash across the neighbouring horse pasture and jump over the fence. wut

Velo Vol 04-10-22 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22467707)
Now having a birthday lunch with mrs datlas and Hannah (and Jackie). We are getting Middle Eastern carry out. :bday:

There's carry out cat food?

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22467749)
I think that Mo was embracing English Comp 102: know your audience

:innocent:

No.

You know what that reminds me of? Stock market technical analysts who compile a bunch of fancy data and then sit around trying to divine the hidden meaning in their charts.

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22468055)
I went to Busch Gardens today. We were there for about 3.5 hours. I didn’t ride a single ride, and I spent 30.00 dollars. I feel robbed.

Why not?

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22468062)
Did the kid? It’s all about the kids.

Not really.

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22468093)
Well, a Longhorn from the real UT won the Masters.

I have reviewed his mini-bio and this is incorrect.

LAJ 04-10-22 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22468121)

I was out mowing with my dad, driving a senior Honda (not the senior Honda), when all of a sudden the mower trailer starts swerving from side to side. wut

I applied the brakes, not very hard, and the trailer bangs into the bumper. wut wut

Turns out a pin that holds the hitch together came out, and the hitch came apart.. Fortunately it wasn't on a busy road, or at a high speed. A passer by stopped and offered a replacement for the lost pin.

Got to the radio station to mow, and I saw not one, but six deers dash across the neighbouring horse pasture and jump over the fence. wut

Obviously. Of course, lack of maintenance and avoiding proper safety measures could very well be called an adventure. Avoidable, but still enough to make orifices pucker.

Bah Humbug 04-10-22 06:06 PM

A number of the nicer houses in the FoCo area have basements with home theaters and wet bars in the basement. This is now on my list of requirements.

datlas 04-10-22 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22468140)
A number of the nicer houses in the FoCo area have basements with home theaters and wet bars in the basement. This is now on my list of requirements.

The home theater can be easily converted to a pain cave with IMAX-like experience with the big screen.

Mojo31 04-10-22 06:25 PM

About the equivalent of helping out Larry Sellerz with an inner tube.

LAJ 04-10-22 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22468140)

I love this area of Loveland. If you're dead set on Ft Collins then no bueno.

5015 Saint Andrews Dr, Loveland, CO 80537 | MLS #960116 | Zillow

Velo Vol 04-10-22 06:29 PM

DougRNS has one of these outfits.

WhyFi 04-10-22 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22468131)
No.

You know what that reminds me of? Stock market technical analysts who compile a bunch of fancy data and then sit around trying to divine the hidden meaning in their charts.

It reminds you of that because you don't know what you're looking at. Training load is actually pretty easy to understand and makes a lot of sense when you do. Is it perfect? Of course not - it's not going to account for externals like illness or poor sleep - but in terms of tracking the physiological toll of exercise with respect to time, it does a very good job.

Velo Vol 04-10-22 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22468157)
About the equivalent of helping out Larry Sellerz with an inner tube.

Not sure what this means but for once living in monster truck land paid off.

WhyFi 04-10-22 06:40 PM

I'm pretty sure that I just ensured that the Twin Cities will experience at least another two weeks of ****** cycling weather.

Since it was going to get up to 58° or so during my ride, I decided to make it my first bare-legged ride of the year - no tights or warmers. This, of course, meant that I had to at least do a quick and dirty shearing of my leg fur, even though I haven't consulted the 10-day forecast in a while - the cycling gods will surely punish me, and those near me, for such hubris.

rjones28 04-10-22 06:55 PM

English 101: the plural of deer is deer.

DougRNS 04-10-22 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22468162)

That's "Scrap Iron", Phil Garner. I don't have the uniform and don't really like their latter 70's look. Good decade though, 71 and 79 World Champs.

Bah Humbug 04-10-22 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22468154)
The home theater can be easily converted to a pain cave with IMAX-like experience with the big screen.

Even now I'm a yard from a 55" TV. The home theater will be my fortress of solitude for when life is too overstimulating. The trainer will likely be in the office.

Velo Vol 04-10-22 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22468165)
It reminds you of that because you don't know what you're looking at. Training load is actually pretty easy to understand and makes a lot of sense when you do. Is it perfect? Of course not - it's not going to account for externals like illness or poor sleep - but in terms of tracking the physiological toll of exercise with respect to time, it does a very good job.

So my stock chart analogy holds up well.

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22468196)
English 101: the plural of deer is deer.

Oh dear, such drama and that's all you got out of it.

WhyFi 04-10-22 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22468224)

Incorrect.

rjones28 04-10-22 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22468224)

Oh dear, such drama and that's all you got out of it.

LAJ covered the rest.

genejockey 04-10-22 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22468227)
Incorrect.

Basically, "This reminds me of something else I know nothing about."

indyfabz 04-11-22 03:58 AM

Don’t hate the player. Hate the game.

Wordle 296 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟩⬜⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

ls01 04-11-22 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22467304)
I'm a-frayed you're right.

you may have unraveled the mystery cable.

Bah Humbug 04-11-22 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22468160)
I love this area of Loveland. If you're dead set on Ft Collins then no bueno.

5015 Saint Andrews Dr, Loveland, CO 80537 | MLS #960116 | Zillow

That area is too far - the target is really not more than 20 minutes from the E Harmony/ Ziegler intersection. That one's too far, so more like this:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5...10555669_zpid/

Or thus, but maybe cheaper for being not on the water:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/8...13864388_zpid/

phrantic09 04-11-22 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22467960)
I'd really like to get some body weight and resistance band work in to the routine; it's something that I've done since last summer, but I need to be more regular about it.

Just don’t go too heavy. I put on like 10 pounds of muscle since last October and don’t see how to get back to “race weight” without being too low of a bf%.

phrantic09 04-11-22 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22468447)
Don’t hate the player. Hate the game.

Wordle 296 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟩⬜⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I’m on a good run

Wordle 296 3/6

⬛⬛🟩⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

ls01 04-11-22 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22467707)
Thanks for the birthday wishes. Had a fine ride. The Habanero works great except it is noisy in bailout gear so I must adjust the limit screw. Now having a birthday lunch with mrs datlas and Hannah (and Jackie). We are getting Middle Eastern carry out. :bday:

happy birthday!