Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   General Cycling Discussion (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   How fer did you ride today?! (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1081695)

rsbob 04-16-23 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Troul (Post 22861568)
45 miles before the pavement got soaked.

Underachiever 😂 😉

Troul 04-16-23 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by rsbob (Post 22861577)
Underachiever 😂 😉

I somehow expected that lol

rudypyatt 04-16-23 02:55 PM

According to Strava, 31.3 miles. Rode from southeast Brooklyn to Prospect Park and did laps. Need to keep doing that; good workout.

jaxgtr 04-16-23 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Troul (Post 22861568)
45 miles before the pavement got soaked.

I expect to see this again tomorrow saying you did 45 in the blizzard heading your way just to round out the weather experience.

ofajen 04-16-23 05:13 PM

Yesterday was warm. 21 hilly miles, all in 42/16 gear. Wonderfully brutal. Today was cold and very windy, so I ran on the indoor track and did weights at the rec center.

Otto

Troul 04-16-23 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by jaxgtr (Post 22861771)
I expect to see this again tomorrow saying you did 45 in the blizzard heading your way just to round out the weather experience.

I'd need a canoe, with the amount of rain that is dropping.

ofajen 04-16-23 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Troul (Post 22861827)
I'd need a canoe, with the amount of rain that is dropping.

You know you’re in trouble when the Weather Channel app is showing video highlights from your area! Hope it stops soon!

Otto

Troul 04-19-23 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by ofajen (Post 22861898)
You know you’re in trouble when the Weather Channel app is showing video highlights from your area! Hope it stops soon!

Otto

Looks like winter #4 is ending this week. Looking for the warm up of Spring [again] .

biker128pedal 04-19-23 06:44 PM

Road 28 miles after work today. A wonderful 72 F and no wind like yesterday. Road naked. GPS battery was zero after a mile. It was not bad except then no Varia radar. Just the bar end mirror. I have to make sure the 1030 is off and not sleeping. Or may be I need a battery or upgrade to a 1040 solar.

jaxgtr 04-19-23 10:25 PM

Got in a whole quarter mile today.... I got on my indoor bike after work and had instants knee pain. I think I twerked tweaked it mowing the grass yesterday when I stepped in what is now a hole from a collapsed maple tree root. I had to cut down a maple that was 80-90 ft a few years back as it had a disease and I did not want it falling on my house. Sad too when I had to do that, I planted it when we had the house built and I put in 5 of them and all of them got this disease. The roots have finally decided to give up the ghost.

rsbob 04-19-23 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by jaxgtr (Post 22865314)
Got in a whole quarter mile today.... I got on my indoor bike after work and had instants knee pain. I think I twerked it mowing the grass yesterday when I stepped in what is now a hole from a collapsed maple tree root. I had to cut down a maple that was 80-90 ft a few years back as it had a disease and I did not want it falling on my house. Sad too when I had to do that, I planted it when we had the house built and I put in 5 of them and all of them got this disease. The roots have finally decided to give up the ghost.

Looks like the tree is getting its revenge because you were ‘twerking’. It probably wouldn’t had been so malevolent if you tweeked . :D

jaxgtr 04-20-23 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by rsbob (Post 22865325)
Looks like the tree is getting its revenge because you were ‘twerking’. It probably wouldn’t had been so malevolent if you tweeked . :D

LOL.... you are probably correct.

Troul 04-20-23 04:03 AM

Was anticipating a ride, but the unforecasted rain, rained on my parade.

rsbob 04-20-23 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Troul (Post 22865455)
Was anticipating a ride, but the unforecasted rain, rained on my parade.

A parade of one. Sad :(

The Chemist 04-21-23 05:07 AM

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...e7740e85ac.jpg

Troul 04-21-23 08:12 AM

31 miles, dodging rain on the way back.

rsbob 04-21-23 08:51 PM

19 Fake miles at 190 Watts. Yeesh it felt good. Sad

jaxgtr 04-22-23 04:44 PM

What a day. Decided to ride outside today weather was ok, wind and storms by 5, which as thing happened was spot on. I head out and 22 miles in, I get a frantic call from my son. He and my wife went to see a movie and they got t-boned at an intersection on their way to the theater by some woman that ran a red light. His car is older so most likely a total loss, but my son and wife are ok, just some bruising and my son has a small hairline fracture in his left leg, which is a blessing. When he called me, I was about a mile away actually heading to that area. I heard the ambulances and what not responding, and as I arrive at the scene, I walk up and the cops are looking at me in my bike gear and telling me to go away. I explain this is my family and he is going to have to arrest me if he thinks I am not going over there. The Sgt on the scene waves me over. I see they are ok, but very shaken up, but ok. I was also very shaken up, HR spiked up to about 175 when he called and it stayed up there for a little over an hour.

The woman that ran the light was drunk, and she eventually ran into a tree. It was 10:30 am, and she was drunk, had an open bottle of vodka in the drink holder.
:troll:

They took them to the hospital right down the road, so I go ahead an head that way. I get to the hospital right about the same time the ambulance gets there, again making sure they are ok. I ride home to change and head back to the ER. ER team checks them out, all is good, which is amazing since she hit the drivers side door. Side and front air bags saved their lives. My wife just has a nasty bruise on her left fore arm, she believe she hit the center column shifter. Woman that him them, did not have airbags, she is in a coma with bad head wounds and glass in her face. They let my son and wife go about 3 pm, drunk woman went to the hospital downtown into the arrested patient section.

So for today, I got in 25 with a crappy call, and a very high heart rate for over an hour. The rest of the week, I got 134, all indoors.

Troul 04-22-23 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by jaxgtr (Post 22868110)
What a day. Decided to ride outside today weather was ok, wind and storms by 5, which as thing happened was spot on. I head out and 22 miles in, I get a frantic call from my son. He and my wife went to see a movie and they got t-boned at an intersection on their way to the theater by some woman that ran a red light. His car is older so most likely a total loss, but my son and wife are ok, just some bruising and my son has a small hairline fracture in his left leg, which is a blessing. When he called me, I was about a mile away actually heading to that area. I heard the ambulances and what not responding, and as I arrive at the scene, I walk up and the cops are looking at me in my bike gear and telling me to go away. I explain this is my family and he is going to have to arrest me if he thinks I am not going over there. The Sgt on the scene waves me over. I see they are ok, but very shaken up, but ok. I was also very shaken up, HR spiked up to about 175 when he called and it stayed up there for a little over an hour.

The woman that ran the light was drunk, and she eventually ran into a tree. It was 10:30 am, and she was drunk, had an open bottle of vodka in the drink holder.
:troll:

They took them to the hospital right down the road, so I go ahead an head that way. I get to the hospital right about the same time the ambulance gets there, again making sure they are ok. I ride home to change and head back to the ER. ER team checks them out, all is good, which is amazing since she hit the drivers side door. Side and front air bags saved their lives. My wife just has a nasty bruise on her left fore arm, she believe she hit the center column shifter. Woman that him them, did not have airbags, she is in a coma with bad head wounds and glass in her face. They let my son and wife go about 3 pm, drunk woman went to the hospital downtown into the arrested patience section.

So for today, I got in 25 with a crappy call, and a very high heart rate for over an hour. The rest of the week, I got 134, all indoors.

thats nuts!
It's usually us riders that call out to someone.
Morning drinkers are a growing problem.

The Chemist 04-23-23 04:33 AM

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...8e05ac6d2c.jpg

Frustratingly windy today. First long ride with my new Garmin Edge Explore 2.

Troul 04-23-23 08:32 AM

40 miles.
Fact: I'm not a fan of magicshine front lights.

diphthong 04-24-23 11:24 PM

40-spot. invited some hills. avoided some hills. great to be out. first ride in 3 weeks.

jadmt 04-25-23 02:39 PM

Strava app said 59.95 and goals fitness app says 60.02 so who do you believe? so final answer not sure lol.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...002e0c1bab.jpg
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...be764a93b3.jpg

diphthong 04-25-23 08:16 PM

42-spot traversing much of the same area as yesterday, just different roads. a little less climbing along with 5 miles of dirt.

rsbob 04-25-23 11:52 PM

35 with 2Gs climbing.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...f9989dd49.jpeg
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...20902f919.jpeg