Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.2 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1249389)

datlas 04-30-22 03:31 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22489757)
Are you postponing it a couple months, so I can get in shape? I'd really like to do it, but sadly I'm not presently in shape to tackle it.

SMH.

No, would postpone for a day or two.

Mrs datlas relaxed for a bit and we then went downtown and had one of the best dinners we have had in a long times. Win-win!

BTW I considered riding to your area to explore some of the famous office parks, but itís a bit too far, even for a mileage ***** like me.

datlas 04-30-22 03:43 AM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22489504)
Yup! I may have to change the name from "Wizard" to something like "Ultimate Ultegra" or "Ultegrimate" or something.

Hmmm. "Wizard" is sounding better all the time.

For installation, there are a few quirks. This advice on YouTube was VERY helpful:



Thatís the FD he has a similar video for RD.

indyfabz 04-30-22 04:04 AM

Strong finish.

Wordle 315 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟨⬜🟩🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

indyfabz 04-30-22 04:09 AM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22489633)
"Okay. Time to go crap in their shoes."

Reds peed on one of my panniers I had left out after coming back from a trip. He waited until I came home from work, probably so I would notice right away.

datlas 04-30-22 04:37 AM


Originally Posted by gnome (Post 22489750)
Thereís probably space for N+1 in the bike garage.
yes it needs tidying.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...92ab02400.jpeg

How does the velomobile handle in the wind?

Bah Humbug 04-30-22 05:08 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22489885)
Strong finish.

Wordle 315 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟨⬜🟩🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I'm not sure any number besides four exists for me.

Wordle 315 4/6

⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟩🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

LAJ 04-30-22 05:37 AM

Not sure what to say about this one.

Wordle 315 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Mojo31 04-30-22 06:46 AM

:foo:

Wordle 315 6/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

indyfabz 04-30-22 07:02 AM

Hot.


https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...75775d4b4.jpeg

datlas 04-30-22 07:18 AM

One of the guys I follow on Strava (and know a little) just did “Crush the Commonwealth” which is an unsupported ride across the state. Impressive. Or foolish. I might try it some day.

datlas 04-30-22 07:18 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22489958)

Where are you going??

LesterOfPuppets 04-30-22 08:52 AM

Wordle 315 3/6

⬛⬛🟨🟨⬛
🟨🟩🟨⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

genejockey 04-30-22 10:01 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22489682)
Nope. I might play a Christmas song, though. Why not? LAJ can roll out the lights. :bday:

A Christmas song, you say?
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...ea442b9b17.jpg

genejockey 04-30-22 10:05 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22489881)
For installation, there are a few quirks. This advice on YouTube was VERY helpful:

https://youtu.be/7mqdMYEiRIc


Thatís the FD he has a similar video for RD.

Oh, yeah, that guy! I used one of his videos, maybe this one, to adjust the FD on the Canyon. It's a 105 of the same design. For now, I'm going to try to use it with the 7410 crankset, with a 10sp inner chainring, and see if that'll work, but if I need to, I can get an R8000 crank. I may anyway if the aesthetics don't work out.

genejockey 04-30-22 10:15 AM

Meh.
Wordle 315 5/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟨🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

bampilot06 04-30-22 10:15 AM

I am super torn on what to do about tomorrow. Race the ritchey or race the cervelo.


Ill have velo make a vin diagram for me

Pros of the C2:
Aero wheels,
quick acceleration
11 speed
I can get in a little more aero position

Cons of the C2:
Super excessive front brake rub. Unpredictability.
Squirly in the drops


Pros of the Ritchey:
Super smooth
Shifts smooth
Super stable
Ok acceleration

Cons:

Takes a lot of power to go any where. It responds in a sprint but in a group takes a lot of effort to hold position. I was trying to do a z2 ride today and keeping my heart rate below 140 and maintaining a normal speed was impossible. Tells me the amount of watts required to move is much higher than my other two bikes.

Only a 9 Speed.

seedsbelize2 04-30-22 10:37 AM

Go with the C2 and disconnect the front brakes.

indyfabz 04-30-22 11:17 AM

Right here. Right now.


https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...90c882a54.jpeg

seedsbelize2 04-30-22 11:48 AM

Looks like springtime

seedsbelize2 04-30-22 11:50 AM

Or back them off to the point where they will work in an emergency if needed

WhyFi 04-30-22 11:51 AM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22490203)
Or back them off to the point where they will work in an emergency if needed

It's hydro - he can't do either.

seedsbelize2 04-30-22 11:51 AM

Front brakes on my bikes dry rot before they wear out.

seedsbelize2 04-30-22 11:52 AM

Hmmm. I can't help him then.

datlas 04-30-22 12:10 PM

Made it to Asheville NC. We had a quick Indian lunch downtown and are settling in. Prolly won’t ride until tomorrow.

WhyFi 04-30-22 12:21 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22490179)

There's no other place you want to be?

WhyFi 04-30-22 12:30 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22490130)
I am super torn on what to do about tomorrow. Race the ritchey or race the cervelo.


Ill have velo make a vin diagram for me

Pros of the C2:
Aero wheels,
quick acceleration
11 speed
I can get in a little more aero position

Cons of the C2:
Super excessive front brake rub. Unpredictability.
Squirly in the drops


Pros of the Ritchey:
Super smooth
Shifts smooth
Super stable
Ok acceleration

Cons:

Takes a lot of power to go any where. It responds in a sprint but in a group takes a lot of effort to hold position. I was trying to do a z2 ride today and keeping my heart rate below 140 and maintaining a normal speed was impossible. Tells me the amount of watts required to move is much higher than my other two bikes.

Only a 9 Speed.

You need a better wrench. :p

Out of the two, the easier to remedy on short notice would probably be the Ritchey. If it doesn't have good tires on it, get some good tires on it. With good tires, and assuming that everything spins freely and the brakes aren't rubbing, the difference in power necessary to maintain speed, particularly within a group, should be negligible... unless it's forcing you to sit bolt upright, putting your head and chest in the wind.

As far as the Cervelo, you should take the opportunity to go over it when you have some time. With that kind of geometry, "squirrely" and "unpredictable" shouldn't be in the vocab unless something's wrong with the set-up or fit. I forget - did you ever look at the other side of the TA to see if it was a QR-type or not?

BillyD 04-30-22 01:30 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22490179)

Looks cold.

genejockey 04-30-22 01:35 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22490179)

Reminds me of the Conewago, in the town where I grew up.
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...5348ec85c8.jpg

LAJ 04-30-22 01:46 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22490245)
You need a better wrench. :p

Out of the two, the easier to remedy on short notice would probably be the Ritchey. If it doesn't have good tires on it, get some good tires on it. With good tires, and assuming that everything spins freely and the brakes aren't rubbing, the difference in power necessary to maintain speed, particularly within a group, should be negligible... unless it's forcing you to sit bolt upright, putting your head and chest in the wind.

As far as the Cervelo, you should take the opportunity to go over it when you have some time. With that kind of geometry, "squirrely" and "unpredictable" shouldn't be in the vocab unless something's wrong with the set-up or fit. I forget - did you ever look at the other side of the TA to see if it was a QR-type or not?


Yep

bampilot06 04-30-22 01:52 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22490245)
You need a better wrench. :p

Out of the two, the easier to remedy on short notice would probably be the Ritchey. If it doesn't have good tires on it, get some good tires on it. With good tires, and assuming that everything spins freely and the brakes aren't rubbing, the difference in power necessary to maintain speed, particularly within a group, should be negligible... unless it's forcing you to sit bolt upright, putting your head and chest in the wind.

As far as the Cervelo, you should take the opportunity to go over it when you have some time. With that kind of geometry, "squirrely" and "unpredictable" shouldn't be in the vocab unless something's wrong with the set-up or fit. I forget - did you ever look at the other side of the TA to see if it was a QR-type or not?

I keep forgetting to check the TA.

I put on the original rotor today, but that was bent more than the current one so I swapped them back.

Took the wheel off and cleaned the fork really well, then inspected it for cracks. I donít seen anything. I put the wheel back on, and for now itís not rubbing. The disc does have a slight wobble, and I know when I sprint it will start rubbing again, but for now it appears to be okay.


The ritchey I experimented with spare tires, and it was able to fit a 28 mm gator skin. I called the LBS for some 28 GP5000 but none were available. I threw on one Bontrager R 3 tire on the front. 25 mm. On the back I have an old GP3000 23 mm. It does have much life left, but for one race it will work. The tire I pulled off was a continental 4 seasons. It still looks brand new but I imagine the ride isnít all that great. I still have one more Bontrager R3 tire but it was slasheh. The cut is small but it goes all the way through so I would rather not risk it.


Somethings I noticed today. I need a longer stem on the ritchey. I also need to lower another 5 mm, which I donít want to do at the moment until I can get the steerer tube cut. I have a massive stack on top of the stem at the moment. The stem came off the cervelo, I believe itís 90 mm, Iím gunna ask around local and see if I can find hand me down stem.


Iíll take both bikes to the race. If the cervelo doesnít start rubbing bad in the warm up, I will use it. Otherwise the ritchey it is.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:38 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.