Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

Trsnrtr 02-06-22 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22401003)
Oh man... Deadlift is my least favorite lift, but straps have helped. This is eye opening though. I hope he heals well.

He's a very experienced power lifter with a lot of records, medals, etc. and he knew better. He's so mad at himself because he knew he was in trouble when he started the lift and forced it anyway. 625# can do a lot of damage if your grip isn't correct. :(

Trsnrtr 02-06-22 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22401051)
Sounds painful to me! Hope he has a smooth recovery.

There were Peoria folks on the boat with us. They were very happy not to be in Peoria last week.

We actually got through the storm pretty well. The highway departments did a damn good job. I won't be able to ride the roads for several days due to icing over in spots from the wind but getting around in the car is a breeze. We're used to the low temps; no biggie there. It's winter. ;)

genejockey 02-06-22 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22401049)
Today was another one of those days where no matter what direction I was going I had a head wind. The last 5 miles were a joke. The wind got so bad I almost got gave up in frustration. I was visibly pissed. The stupid part, looking at the flag poles the last five indicated no wind, but it was def there.
First time I rode a bike to failure my legs were toast. I imagine sleeping is going to be rough tonight, leg pain plus most likely restless legs.

Ah. The Omnidirectional Headwind. Saps the energy out of the legs and the joy out of riding. You have my sympathy.

genejockey 02-06-22 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22400792)
As some here know, my son is a power lifter and routinely dead lifts and squats ~625#. Well, he said he started a dead lift and noticed his form was a little off but kept going. His elbow area ďexploded.Ē I took him to an emergency orthopedist this morning who confirmed torn tendon(s) requiring surgery as soon as possible. They showed him sonograms of both of his arms and even he could see the devastation in his damaged arm. Like any amateur athlete, heís devastated. He had several meets lined up this Spring.

YIKES!!! That sounds really painful! Here's hoping the recovery is rapid.

big john 02-06-22 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22401050)
Back in the day, I haunted Ascot, Lyons, Orange County, Pomona and Ontario. Maybe another, but I can't remember. Then when we raced, it was Saugus, Mesa Marin in Bakersfield, then up north in Stockton, Roseville and Redding.

My friend raced flat track at Ascot in 1972 on a 250cc Ossa. Going to see the sprint cars there was a hoot. I even took my sister and her daughter there and they had a great time.
I've seen the NHRA at Pomona a few times but never been to those other tracks except Saugus. Went to the USGP of motocross at Carlsbad a few times. That was fun. A 2.2 mile track in a natural canyon and you could bring lawn chairs and an ice chest and sit anywhere. One year they had mountain bikes racing around during intermission. I remember we thought they were crazy. Track was closed to build houses.
Also saw a National mx race at Saddleback in Orange County. Another natural terrain track also closed by housing.

LAJ 02-06-22 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22401103)
My friend raced flat track at Ascot in 1972 on a 250cc Ossa. Going to see the sprint cars there was a hoot. I even took my sister and her daughter there and they had a great time.
I've seen the NHRA at Pomona a few times but never been to those other tracks except Saugus. Went to the USGP of motocross at Carlsbad a few times. That was fun. A 2.2 mile track in a natural canyon and you could bring lawn chairs and an ice chest and sit anywhere. One year they had mountain bikes racing around during intermission. I remember we thought they were crazy. Track was closed to build houses.
Also saw a National mx race at Saddleback in Orange County. Another natural terrain track also closed by housing.

Ah yes. Saddleback was the high school my sister attended. McFadden Jr. High was my school. We lived right down the street from South Coast Plaza.

Velo Vol 02-06-22 06:11 PM

I thought about a cycling activity this afternoon but my nap activity went to long. Quasi-jogging activity instead.

I went by a stop light. There's a truck waiting there with its window open (even though it was only in the 40s) and a dog yapped away at me. A minute later it passes and the dog is still yapping.

What is wrong with those creatures?

Mojo31 02-06-22 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22401124)
I thought about a cycling activity this afternoon but my nap activity went to long. Quasi-jogging activity instead.

I went by a stop light. There's a truck waiting there with its window open (even though it was only in the 40s) and a dog yapped away at me. A minute later it passes and the dog is still yapping.

They are manly. Not like your feline animals.

bampilot06 02-06-22 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22401098)
Ah. The Omnidirectional Headwind. Saps the energy out of the legs and the joy out of riding. You have my sympathy.

Thank you, and if you have one of those little violens you can play for me that would be great!

rjones28 02-06-22 06:20 PM

They know...

Velo Vol 02-06-22 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22401127)
They are manly. Not like your feline animals.

I'm minding my own business. Why do dogs have to make a big spectacle of things?

DougRNS 02-06-22 06:24 PM

Too.

Speaking of naps going too long, I napped from 4-7 pm yesterday. Is that even a nap?

Dogs are man's best friend. Get one and you'll discover this universal truth. Until then, pipe down.

DougRNS 02-06-22 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22401134)
I'm minding my own business. Why do dogs have to make a big spectacle of things?

this could be the post of the year.

Velo Vol 02-06-22 06:29 PM

This > dog walkers

phrantic09 02-06-22 06:34 PM

So I figured out why the chain was skipping over the top of the cog.

itís fake :cry:

datlas 02-06-22 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22401152)

Fake chain?

Sad!

rjones28 02-06-22 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22401152)

wut

phrantic09 02-06-22 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22401159)
Fake chain?

Sad!

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22401161)
wut

Fake chain, and a pretty good one. I swapped the factory chain back in and all of the problems went away. Go figure

Velo Vol 02-06-22 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22401137)
I napped from 4-7 pm yesterday.

#YearOfRecovery

rjones28 02-06-22 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22401150)

Is this how your cat travels?

rjones28 02-06-22 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22401162)
Fake chain, and a pretty good one. I swapped the factory chain back in and all of the problems went away. Go figure

How did you end up with a fake chain?

phrantic09 02-06-22 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22401172)

I made the mistake of buying it from Bezos.

Velo Vol 02-06-22 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22401162)

Where did you get a fake chain? Ebay?

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22401171)
Is this how your cat travels?

Sadly I presently have no cat.

Trsnrtr 02-06-22 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22401172)

I got a couple fake KMC X11 chains off of Amazon a few years ago. I broke both and didnít know about the fakes until someone posted here to watch out for fake KMCs. I should have known better the price was cheap.

phrantic09 02-06-22 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22401187)
I got a couple fake KMC X11 chains off of Amazon a few years ago. I broke both and didnít know about the fakes until someone posted here to watch out for fake KMCs. I should have known better the price was cheap.

These werenít even cheap, but apparently Amazon bins every part together in their warehouse regardless of seller, so I got a fake chain and a bunch of headaches.

They already refunded me the money though, so thereís that