Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

Velo Vol 05-16-20 06:39 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21479186)
Whyfi sent me an article that stated LBS may have foam to measure my bum shape. I havnt made it that far yet in the process, didnít know if that was a common thing to do.

I tried using the cardboard method, but want to do again because the impression is quite faint.

https://blog.bikefit.com/sit-bones-w...dle-selection/

bampilot06 05-16-20 06:46 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21479200)
I tried using the cardboard method, but want to do again because the impression is quite faint.

https://blog.bikefit.com/sit-bones-w...dle-selection/



thanks for the link!

big john 05-16-20 07:06 PM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 21478726)
They used to... some of thier new offerings aren't really on the same plane as the older stuff. Just rebranded Chinese junk. Check out, Ave on you tube , he has reviewed a couple of the new ones.

Hoping to never have to use one again. My ASE certs all expire this month, my smog license expired last month, (had it since 1983). I'm sure I'm way behind on my GM training, too.

rjones28 05-16-20 07:21 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21479186)
Whyfi sent me an article that stated LBS may have foam to measure my bum shape. I havnt made it that far yet in the process, didnít know if that was a common thing to do.


DougRNS 05-16-20 07:21 PM

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...74eb8cf4d3.jpg
Since this is a saddle thread...
This saddle may be swapped out for my old one but the rails seem to be a little longer allowing for more set back for my apparently freakishly long arms. Might have to move a spacer on the stem to compensate.

LAJ 05-16-20 07:24 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 21479241)
Hoping to never have to use one again. My ASE certs all expire this month, my smog license expired last month, (had it since 1983). I'm sure I'm way behind on my GM training, too.

I hung on to my old school Vantage. It does good stuff.

TassR700 05-16-20 08:26 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21475132)
Circling back because I think that this has finally put me on to the right path.

I got the new upper assembly, put it in and it still ran just as ****ty. The surging comment made me think though - if a blockage causes surging, maybe just not having enough water would, too. I started a cycle, filmed for a minute or two, then I opened up the machine and dumped in another 6 cups of water, closed it and let it run. Lo and behold! Water started sprayin' all over the joint with the additional water.

A little more searching tells me that it could be a bad water inlet valve, but I also see that most washers fill based on time rather than relying on a float. Welp, I just replaced my kitchen faucet a month ago, put in a hands-free jobber with all of the Corona handwashing going on, and the hot water pressure has sucked, since. I had noticed that the shut-off valve was kind of wonky, so I bought a new one, but it's just been sitting around for the last month, waiting for me to get off my ass and install it. I guess I've got a good reason to, now!

Glad you are making progress. Plumbing is great fun, but I think you are on the right track.

seedsbelize 05-16-20 08:42 PM


Originally Posted by ericy (Post 21478925)
That picture could make a wicked-hard jigsaw puzzle.

Tomorrow I will finish the last one that I haven't done before. Only Amazon for new ones, so I'll redo an old fave

seedsbelize 05-16-20 08:46 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21479199)
I know what my torso looks like at different weights, and I'm relatively light right now (170.4). The crease also runs at an angle that crosses the crease when I bend and a bulge appears there. And it's exactly where I took the hardest part of the hit.

I also know the "roll" comments are funny, but seriously trust me, this isn't a crease that occurs at any weight between 160 and 240, and looks subjectively different from those.

Shower in the new house today?

seedsbelize 05-16-20 08:51 PM

86A, at 10 PM
She's a warm one

datlas 05-17-20 04:47 AM

Saddles? I know it’s heresy but I have several bikes and all the saddles I have used are fine. This includes vintage Selle Italia Turbo, 95g CF with no padding, and the crappy “Velo” saddle on BD SS.

My bony butt must not be very sensitive, for which I am grateful.

ericy 05-17-20 04:50 AM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 21479395)
Tomorrow I will finish the last one that I haven't done before. Only Amazon for new ones, so I'll redo an old fave

I recently finished a 2000 pc puzzle of Neuschwanstein Castle. Damned thing is huge, and it was hard. This one was a Ravensburger puzzle - the quality of their puzzles is superb, and no missing pieces (did have one *extra* piece however - some other poor sucker was short a piece).

Now that the weather is getting nice, I am going to take a break from doing these things.

Velo Vol 05-17-20 04:58 AM


Originally Posted by ericy (Post 21479665)
I recently finished a 2000 pc puzzle of Neuschwanstein Castle.

Kudos.

Pirkaus 05-17-20 05:41 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 21479178)
Only in Massachusetts.

Wicked is an adjective around here.

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21479199)
I know what my torso looks like at different weights, and I'm relatively light right now (170.4). The crease also runs at an angle that crosses the crease when I bend and a bulge appears there. And it's exactly where I took the hardest part of the hit.
I also know the "roll" comments are funny, but seriously trust me, this isn't a crease that occurs at any weight between 160 and 240, and looks subjectively different from those.

I still have a dent in the meat of my left inner thigh, from the car accident. It's not as deep as it was but still there. Had an MRI that showed no muscle tears, likely deflate FAT, is what the 2 doctors told me. Had a similar bent years ago from an industrial accident. It will fade but never go completely away.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...19b8bebf9a.jpg

BillyD 05-17-20 06:07 AM

Reported.

ericy 05-17-20 06:09 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21479664)
Saddles? I know itís heresy but I have several bikes and all the saddles I have used are fine. This includes vintage Selle Italia Turbo, 95g CF with no padding, and the crappy ďVeloĒ saddle on BD SS.

My bony butt must not be very sensitive, for which I am grateful.

For riding outdoors, Brooks is my favorite, but they take a while to break in. On the trainer, I am less fussy - I rarely spend more than an hour at a time riding that thing.

datlas 05-17-20 06:16 AM


Originally Posted by ericy (Post 21479696)
For riding outdoors, Brooks is my favorite, but they take a while to break in. On the trainer, I am less fussy - I rarely spend more than an hour at a time riding that thing.

I have never tried a Brooks, but if I were having comfort problems I would consider one.

In other good news, I got one of my partners to cover pages from 8:30-11 this morning so I can sneak out for a ride shortly. :bday:

seedsbelize 05-17-20 06:17 AM


Originally Posted by ericy (Post 21479665)
I recently finished a 2000 pc puzzle of Neuschwanstein Castle. Damned thing is huge, and it was hard. This one was a Ravensburger puzzle - the quality of their puzzles is superb, and no missing pieces (did have one *extra* piece however - some other poor sucker was short a piece).

Now that the weather is getting nice, I am going to take a break from doing these things.

I have yet to break into the 2000 piece realm. 1000 max thus far.

seedsbelize 05-17-20 06:21 AM

Come to think of it, Mrs. Seeds doesn't have a mirror in her bathroom either. And the one in the womancave is not easily accessible.

Bah Humbug 05-17-20 06:26 AM


Originally Posted by Pirkaus (Post 21479678)
Wicked is an adjective around here.

To be clear, the following states are part of Massachusetts:

Rhode Island
Vermont
New Hampshire
Maine
eastern Connecticut

Yes, that means all of New England other than western Connecticut.

Lemond1985 05-17-20 06:29 AM

So, all the states where they talk like the guys on "This Old House"? Help me out here, I'm a lifetime Californian. :D

Bah Humbug 05-17-20 06:37 AM


Originally Posted by Lemond1985 (Post 21479719)
So, all the states where they talk like the guys on "This Old House"? Help me out here, I'm a lifetime Californian. :D

Basically. The way it works is, there are two cultural poles in the northeast: NY and Boston. New England, other than western CT, aligns to Boston. Western CT and NJ align to New York. My family is from eastern CT, originated in Mass (prior to my generation), and vacations in Maine. Much of the rest of my family is from or vacations in New Hampshire, and sometimes Vermont.

Think of it this way: that region is smaller than Texas. It is heavily interlocked, no matter whether you can drive across three states before lunch. People just talk about Massachusetts because that's the part big enough to bother talking about, but really, it covers most of the area.

ericy 05-17-20 06:43 AM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 21479707)
I have yet to break into the 2000 piece realm. 1000 max thus far.

I will probably never attempt another one. It just takes too long, and I have other things I need to be doing as well.

Ravensburger makes puzzles of varying sizes - the largest are 18,000 and even 40,000 piece puzzles. Some of them are easier (pro-tip - if the picture is just a mosaic of smaller pictures, they tend to be a lot easier). But these things also become a logistical challenge - you need a *large* workspace that you can devote to the thing for an extended period. Even the 2000 piece puzzle stretched the limits of what we could accommodate on our dining room table. It is only because of covid that we knew we wouldn't be having people over, and we could take over 80% of the table for this puzzle, and we started the thing in March when it was still pretty cold out.

Lemond1985 05-17-20 06:44 AM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21479732)
Basically. The way it works is, there are two cultural poles in the northeast: NY and Boston. New England, other than western CT, aligns to Boston. Western CT and NJ align to New York. My family is from eastern CT, originated in Mass (prior to my generation), and vacations in Maine. Much of the rest of my family is from or vacations in New Hampshire, and sometimes Vermont.

Think of it this way: that region is smaller than Texas. It is heavily interlocked, no matter whether you can drive across three states before lunch. People just talk about Massachusetts because that's the part big enough to bother talking about, but really, it covers most of the area.

There's clearly lots more going on in that part of the country, compared to the west coast. If we're going by lights alone, you would think 3/4th's of the US economy is east of Chicago.


https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...94c661b4cb.jpg

Pirkaus 05-17-20 07:25 AM


Originally Posted by bah humbug (Post 21479717)
to be clear, the following states are part of massachusetts:

Rhode island
vermont
new hampshire
maine
eastern connecticut

yes, that means all of new england other than western connecticut.

qft


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:13 AM.


Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.