Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

rjones28 04-08-20 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21407560)
Sometimes when my mom or sister were clothes shopping, I stayed in the car, because that's dumb.

Did they crack the windows for you?

Velo Vol 04-08-20 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21407600)

I like it hot.

rjones28 04-08-20 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21407611)
I like it hot.

Reported

LAJ 04-08-20 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21407557)
Indeed. I've recently decided to shifted my philosophy to "run what you brung," but in a physiological sense. My w/kg at FTP isn't great, it's never going to be great, and because of that I'm just not going to be that guy that's first up the hill among relatively strong club riders.So I'm just not going to focus on that as much and I'm going to play to my relative strengths, instead. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to neglect my weakness, but I'm not going to let the FTP fetishism rule my recreation.

FTP Fetishism. Indeed. If I let that rule me, I would never race again. I can't sprint, I can't TT, but I can murder myself in the scenarios datlas describes. Over and over, Give me a second to recover, and I'll do it again. I don't go away. In the state crit last year, my teammate won, and all I did was relentlessly attack. Every single time there was a lull, ol LAJ would hammer the hell out of it. No rest for the guys that were sprinters only, and no hiding. I even won a couple primes, and that paid for me entry fee, at least. The champion the year before was riding strong through the year, and he finished eighth. All my teammate had to do was keep an eye on me. When I moved to the front, he knew shannigans were afoot, and he tucked onto someones wheel. It worked OK.

big john 04-08-20 01:12 PM

Bernie is out.

seedsbelize 04-08-20 01:14 PM

38°c

seedsbelize 04-08-20 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 21407670)
Bernie is out.

So that means it's Joey?

BillyD 04-08-20 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21407415)
Tell it like it is.

1967 - Aaron Neville

Oh God, help me, I can't stop. lol

BillyD 04-08-20 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21407600)

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21407611)
I like it hot.

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21407632)
Reported

Yes, this answers a few questions.

LAJ 04-08-20 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21407684)

Indeed.

LAJ 04-08-20 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21407684)

Yet begs even more.

WhyFi 04-08-20 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 21407662)
FTP Fetishism. Indeed. If I let that rule me, I would never race again. I can't sprint, I can't TT, but I can murder myself in the scenarios datlas describes. Over and over, Give me a second to recover, and I'll do it again. I don't go away. In the state crit last year, my teammate won, and all I did was relentlessly attack. Every single time there was a lull, ol LAJ would hammer the hell out of it. No rest for the guys that were sprinters only, and no hiding. I even won a couple primes, and that paid for me entry fee, at least. The champion the year before was riding strong through the year, and he finished eighth. All my teammate had to do was keep an eye on me. When I moved to the front, he knew shannigans were afoot, and he tucked onto someones wheel. It worked OK.

Awesome. I bet that your work was much appreciated by your teammates.

big john 04-08-20 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 21407674)
So that means it's Joey?

Looks that way.

datlas 04-08-20 01:43 PM

Meeting was ok. Very preliminary and felt more like an ethics committee meeting. But we need to be prepared for the worst case, if it happens.

Will be meeting weekly on Wednesdays for updates.

WhyFi 04-08-20 01:47 PM

A week or so ago, we went through that whole ordeal with the school system trying to give us a Chromebook or whatever so that my son could participate in distance learning. I called and canceled, but they still showed up the next day - not enough time to for the change order to work through the system, I suppose. We refused the delivery and all was well.

Until we got an email and automated call a few days ago, confirming another drop off appointment. :rolleyes:

I called and canceled. I told them that this was the second time through and I was told that a supervisor of some sort would take care of it.

....and then they showed up at my door the next day. :notamused:

I refused again, told the delivery folks that this was the second time around. They said that the system reschedules automatically if it's not noted properly and that they'd make sure it was taken care of. Whew.

...and I just got another email and automated call, confirming a drop-off appointment tomorrow. :wtf:

Bah Humbug 04-08-20 01:55 PM

Man, I actually focus on work for a day and y'all sit around discussing music.

Oh and we went and looked at a house. The kitchen and shower are gorgeous, but it's a hair small, the roof is 20 years old, and there's a bit of traffic noise. We are thinking. At least the activity has slowed enough that we don't have to offer within hours.

ls01 04-08-20 02:29 PM

So in a 40 mile ride, 3 verbal altercations and 4 close passes. At one point I was dealing with idiots from 2 separate cars at the same time. Does this virus make people stupider too.

WhyFi 04-08-20 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 21407818)
So in a 40 mile ride, 3 verbal altercations and 4 close passes. At one point I was dealing with idiots from 2 separate cars at the same time. Does this virus make people stupider too.

Oof. On the whole, there are fewer cars on the roads... but the sense of entitlement seems about the same, if not worse.

Trsnrtr 04-08-20 02:33 PM

I just finished watching our governor and his staff deliver his daily COVID-19 briefing and the depth of this thing and it’s complexity is mind boggling. Yet, I still have friends riding in groups, seen walking groups huddled on our local MUP, and I personally know of some people having a large Easter gathering of family members coming from other towns.

I like to think that my wife and I are doing the right thing with SIP, face masks, etc. but it’s hard not to get worked up when you see so many people going about their regular business oblivious to the situation around them.

Bicycle content: My wife rode 22.2 miles on her own bike which is her longest two-wheel ride this year and only her second personal two-wheel ride since 9/2018. :thumb:

Trsnrtr 04-08-20 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 21407818)

We had no problem with cars today but have had quite a few problems over the last week or so.

ls01 04-08-20 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21407540)
I went in the grocery store.

believe me when I say no one here is surprised by this revelation.

datlas 04-08-20 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21407827)
Oof. On the whole, there are fewer cars on the roads... but the sense of entitlement seems about the same, if not worse.

I noticed that too. May end up doing more fake miles despite less traffic and nicer weather.

rjones28 04-08-20 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 21407828)
I just finished watching our governor and his staff deliver his daily COVID-19 briefing and the depth of this thing and it’s complexity is mind boggling. Yet, I still have friends riding in groups, seen walking groups huddled on our local MUP, and I personally know of some people having a large Easter gathering of family members coming from other towns.

I like to think that my wife and I are doing the right thing with SIP, face masks, etc. but it’s hard not to get worked up when you see so many people going about their regular business oblivious to the situation around them.

Bicycle content: My wife rode 22.2 miles on her own bike which is her longest two-wheel ride this year and only her second personal two-wheel ride since 9/2018. :thumb:

Kudos, Mrs. Trsnrtr !

ls01 04-08-20 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21407591)
For those keeping score at home, waxed Chain #1 is just under 400 miles and hasn't been touched yet. It's definitely not dead silent any more, though, and I might swap it out for Chain #2 after another ride or two. Drive train is still nice and clean, 'specially considering the gross spring conditions.

awesome.
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...e9349de886.jpg
This was on my mailbox this morning . I added a table spoon to my bottle and appied it before my ride.

LAJ 04-08-20 02:42 PM

Bike riders aren't being too sharp either. I saw two on my ride yesterday that had traffic backed up both behind them, and in the left turn lane. Nobody wanted to make the first move, be it the right turns people, or the folks wanting to make a left onto the on ramp to the highway. Why, may you ask? 2 "cyclists" chose that corner to have a conversation, and they were both sticking out in the right lane of the through/right turn lane, and also partially in the road on the on ramp.