Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.4 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1239811)

Velo Vol 11-24-21 05:07 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22319238)

Almost four weeks of not shaving and that's all you have to show for it? :foo:

WhyFi 11-24-21 05:36 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22319307)
Just had my first martini in at least six months and lordy was it good!

Anyone cooking anything interesting tomorrow?

Nope, nothing interesting. But, with the abrupt change in plans, I did whip up a pecan pie. Yes, I think it's notable that I've become a person that whips up any kind of baked goods.

And yeah, I could use a martini. No olives on-hand, though. :(

WhyFi 11-24-21 05:36 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22319318)
Almost four weeks of not shaving and that's all you have to show for it? :foo:

Let's see your four week growth, Grizzly Adams.

Velo Vol 11-24-21 05:44 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22319336)
Let's see your four week growth, Grizzly Adams.

A few weeks back I went a week without shaving and that was annoying.

Beards are dumb.

WhyFi 11-24-21 05:47 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22319344)
A few weeks back I went a week without shaving and that was annoying.

Beards are dumb.

Poidh.

Mojo31 11-24-21 05:50 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22319307)
Just had my first martini in at least six months and lordy was it good!

Anyone cooking anything interesting tomorrow?

First time in almost 30 years Im not cooking. Heading to Austin to dine out all weekend, and going to see what was once considered a decent football team.

DougRNS 11-24-21 05:59 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22319208)
Not if youre riding a fixie.

Quality

DougRNS 11-24-21 06:08 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22319150)
Bad news.

The Doc continued his bashing of the discogram in favor of the nerve block and talked about "false positives". Not very encouraging from a patient perspective. If True its good to know but I'm conflicted and just want to get better.

indyfabz 11-24-21 06:14 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22319239)
You will never catch the Saturn at this pace.

I rarely catch anything or anyone at my pace.

Velo Vol 11-24-21 06:26 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22319349)
Poidh.

It did happen.

As annoying as shaving is, it beats the alternative.

Velo Vol 11-24-21 06:58 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22319368)
The Doc continued his bashing of the discogram in favor of the nerve block and talked about "false positives". Not very encouraging from a patient perspective. If True its good to know but I'm conflicted and just want to get better.

Reminds me of when I was with a previous witch doctor and he's ask me if I wanted to try Drug A or Drug B.

Thought bubble: "What am I paying you for?"

indyfabz 11-24-21 07:12 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22319392)

As annoying as shaving is, it beats the alternative.

+1. I can go for maybe 5 days before it facial hair annoys my face. I take at least one disposable razor and a small can of Barbasol when I tour.

indyfabz 11-24-21 07:13 PM

On this date in history.


https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...0c08a4d74.jpeg

Velo Vol 11-24-21 07:16 PM

Movie of the Day

The Red Violin



rjones28 11-24-21 07:21 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22319431)


seedsbelize2 11-24-21 07:22 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22319261)

​​​​​​

DougRNS 11-24-21 07:23 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22319431)

the headline reminds me of this classic.

DougRNS 11-24-21 07:24 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22319436)

beat me to it.

big john 11-24-21 07:29 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22319436)

RIP Curtis.

big john 11-24-21 07:33 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22319437)

Don't know that one. Bob Dylan is cringe worthy after the early stuff. A public radio station here has a Dylan show weekends. I don't understand.

MoAlpha 11-24-21 07:35 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22319334)
Nope, nothing interesting. But, with the abrupt change in plans, I did whip up a pecan pie. Yes, I think it's notable that I've become a person that whips up any kind of baked goods.

And yeah, I could use a martini. No olives on-hand, though. :(

Pecan pie is a lovely thing and, sadly, off the menu in this puritanical house. Instead, we are having a Pavlova, which, I am given to understand, is a meringuey sort of thing with lemon curd and berries.

We happened to have some good olives and most of a fifth of Botanist on hand and LSS and neer-do-well brother procured a fresh bottle of Dolin. By some miracle there was room In the freezer to frost the glasses and, as they say, Bam!

MoAlpha 11-24-21 07:37 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22319430)
+1. I can go for maybe 5 days before it facial hair annoys my face. I take at least one disposable razor and a small can of Barbasol when I tour.

I shave every day with an electric shaver when cruising and racing.

MoAlpha 11-24-21 07:43 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22319368)
The Doc continued his bashing of the discogram in favor of the nerve block and talked about "false positives". Not very encouraging from a patient perspective. If True its good to know but I'm conflicted and just want to get better.

Knowing very little more than you, Id probably go with the nerve block, which seems to be the more conservative option and has a chance of helping. Seems to me this situation has dragged on far too long!

LesterOfPuppets 11-24-21 07:57 PM

Map of the day, west coast edition

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...62282b333.jpeg

LesterOfPuppets 11-24-21 08:00 PM

I have a feeling they missed a few, although the countries would've been different back then, map needs more explaining.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:02 AM.


Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.