Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1254494)

WhyFi 07-07-22 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22566576)
Its okay, I spent the morning talking to myself.

Good deal; talking to myself has resulted in some good conversations.

MoAlpha 07-07-22 08:55 AM

Work VPN is down. So much for getting anything done at home today.

phrantic09 07-07-22 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22566574)
Is this based on science or just pulled out of a hat?

7 days +2 extra while the laundered 7 dry

bampilot06 07-07-22 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22566691)
7 days +2 extra while the laundered 7 dry

Well done. I’d say I’m about 4 short.

Eric F 07-07-22 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22566097)
I believe he dislocated his shoulder in a crash. Might be in some pain tomorrow. It was a fun race to watch.

Correct. He then popped it into place himself, got back on his bike, and finished the stage. Tough guys ride bikes.

In related news...
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...Uw&oe=62CCDBFD

genejockey 07-07-22 09:36 AM

Dual vaccination achievement unlocked. Now both arms hurt. On top of that as I got home last night, I walked into some kind of bug. It apparently stung me on the lip so I have that minor annoyance.

I've decided this will be a Recovery Week.

bampilot06 07-07-22 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22566746)
Correct. He then popped it into place himself, got back on his bike, and finished the stage. Tough guys ride bikes.

In related news...
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...Uw&oe=62CCDBFD

So what your saying is, from crash statistics alone, I belong in the tour de france.

datlas 07-07-22 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22566755)
Dual vaccination achievement unlocked. Now both arms hurt. On top of that as I got home last night, I walked into some kind of bug. It apparently stung me on the lip so I have that minor annoyance.

I've decided this will be a Recovery Week.

I hope you don't have riding plans for tomorrow. You are likely to feel like crap.

seedsbelize2 07-07-22 10:08 AM

A month or two ago, Mexico's health minister declared COVID to be endemic. Everything I see follows that doctrine. On the bus a couple days ago a couple Euros had no masks visible. There were many noses, a few chins. In the streets it's full coverage. It makes no sense. I still get the stinkeye for having my nose out while on the bike with no walls or ceiling in sight.
Weird. Wild. Stuff
As I did at the very beginning, I'm masking in public as a uniform thing. In reality it makes no difference, except I don't get the stinkeye. Being a stranger in a strange land, that makes a difference. To me. Not to visitors from other lands, apparently.

SoSmellyAir 07-07-22 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22566772)
I hope you don't have riding plans for tomorrow. You are likely to feel like crap.

Yep, I had hoped to ride after my COVID booster but my arm went numb later that afternoon. Second booster was not so bad.

Eric F 07-07-22 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22566761)
So what your saying is, from crash statistics alone, I belong in the tour de france.

Give it a try..."Hi, Mr. Pro Team Director. I crash a lot. Will you give me a contract?"

Eric F 07-07-22 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22566798)
A month or two ago, Mexico's health minister declared COVID to be endemic. Everything I see follows that doctrine. On the bus a couple days ago a couple Euros had no masks visible. There were many noses, a few chins. In the streets it's full coverage. It makes no sense. I still get the stinkeye for having my nose out while on the bike with no walls or ceiling in sight.
Weird. Wild. Stuff
As I did at the very beginning, I'm masking in public as a uniform thing. In reality it makes no difference, except I don't get the stinkeye. Being a stranger in a strange land, that makes a difference. To me. Not to visitors from other lands, apparently.

I have a friend currently vacationing in Europe with his family. All of them caught COVID. At a doctor's office in Switzerland, no one was wearing masks, and my friend was told to take his off.

BillyD 07-07-22 11:08 AM

How crappie do you think? I still don’t know what size he rides.

datlas 07-07-22 11:09 AM

Weird. Wild. Stuff

It is endemic. My advice is wear a good mask (ideally a KN95 type) when in prolonged indoor public spaces (train/bus/museum/theater/shopping), no need to do so when OUTSIDE or at home.

Mojo31 07-07-22 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22566761)

You are on to something.

Trsnrtr 07-07-22 11:13 AM

Weird. Wild. Stuff

My wife had a procedure done this morning and despite signs everywhere telling people to wear masks, there were people pulling them down below their chin or taking them off when the receptionist wasn't watching. Twice, the receptionist had to come over and tell a few people to pull their masks up. One man had a king size bag of pretzels and kept taking his mask off to eat and another woman kept taking hers off to use the phone. :rolleyes:

datlas 07-07-22 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22566891)
How crappie do you think? I still don’t know what size he rides.

Likely quite crappy but he should have a full recovery, so no bike schwag coming of it.

datlas 07-07-22 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22566904)
My wife had a procedure done this morning and despite signs everywhere telling people to wear masks, there were people pulling them down below their chin or taking them off when the receptionist wasn't watching. Twice, the receptionist had to come over and tell a few people to pull their masks up. One man had a king size bag of pretzels and kept taking his mask off to eat and another woman kept taking hers off to use the phone. :rolleyes:

The guidelines still say masking at healthcare facilities, and that's probably not going away anytime soon.

The local Orthopedic practices have decided the rules don't apply to them, so they are not requiring masking among themselves or their staff or their patients.

That's not helpful, but Orthopods tend to be the "lunkheads" of medicine so I am not surprised.

genejockey 07-07-22 11:48 AM

Got vaxed at 6PM last night. Today - well, I've felt like crap before, and this isn't QUITE it. But I do feel every one of my 64 years, if you know what I mean. I did NOT pack the bike in the car this morning. Might have hurt just lifting it into the car.

BIllyD - I got 56, 57, 58, 59, Large, and 61.

indyfabz 07-07-22 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22566893)
It is endemic. My advice is wear a good mask (ideally a KN95 type) when in prolonged indoor public spaces (train/bus/museum/theater/shopping), no need to do so when OUTSIDE or at home.

That's what I do. Had a blood draw today at a HUP place. Masks are sill required in their facilities. I always wear one on the bus/subway and in places like the grocery store. I even wear one in the Reading Terminal. I had stopped for a while, but there are so many tourists from out of town this time of year. I don't know what sorts of "attitudes" they are from. And ALWAYS in a Wawa. :innocent:

I am puzzled when I see people riding alone outdoors with masks on. I probably see 3 or 4 every week when working in the city. It's even odder when you see someone wearing one while driving alone.

genejockey 07-07-22 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22566961)
That's what I do. Had a blood draw today at a HUP place. Masks are sill required in their facilities. I always wear one on the bus/subway and in places like the grocery store. I even wear one in the Reading Terminal. I had stopped for a while, but there are so many tourists from out of town this time of year. I don't know what sorts of "attitudes" they are from. And ALWAYS in a Wawa. :innocent:

I am puzzled when I see people riding alone outdoors with masks on. I probably see 3 or 4 every week when working in the city. It's even odder when you see someone wearing one while driving alone.

Riding alone in the car, I've sometimes done, if I JUST got the mask right and it's not steaming up my glasses and I'm only going a mile or so.

genejockey 07-07-22 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22566893)

I saw a graph yesterday of death rate from like 1900 - 1950. There's a big spike in 1918 from the Pandemic Flu, but the rate was elevated above the trend for a good 10 years after, presumably as it kept rolling around through an unvaccinated population.

Mojo31 07-07-22 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22566958)
Got vaxed at 6PM last night. Today - well, I've felt like crap before, and this isn't QUITE it. But I do feel every one of my 64 years, if you know what I mean. I did NOT pack the bike in the car this morning. Might have hurt just lifting it into the car.

BIllyD - I got 56, 57, 58, 59, Large, and 61.

Dibs on the Canyon.

genejockey 07-07-22 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22566979)
Dibs on the Canyon.

"Cold, dead hands" and all that.

genejockey 07-07-22 12:08 PM

Maybe I should will all 6 of my Avocet O2 Air 40Rs to big john, who appreciates them.