Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

WhyFi 02-14-22 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22409013)
I definitely DID watch the super bowl last night, as always. Decent game, my team lost but they made a wonderful showing considering they finished dead last in the regular season just 2 years ago.

The commercials were aaiight, just one got more than a chuckle out of me. Enjoyed the halftime show of semi-oldskool hip hop as well. ;)

All signs indicate that the Ram's OC will be the Viking's new Head Coach, so I watched the game with mild interest.

That half-time show made me feel old, though. Dre, Snoop, and Em were pretty edgy in my late teens and early adulthood, so seeing them on that stage just emphasized the passage of time and shifting of perception.

Velo Vol 02-14-22 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22409028)
That half-time show made me feel old, though. Dre, Snoop, and Em were pretty edgy in my late teens and early adulthood, so seeing them on that stage just emphasized the passage of time and shifting of perception.

Mojo31 02-14-22 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22409017)
Ha. My non-riding wife doesn't understand such things.

A couple of months ago, I was in the middle of a hard effort on the trainer and my wife stepped in to the doorway to ask me something, which put her about a foot behind the fan. I was really focused on pedaling angry, and I would normally ignore all the but most insistent demands of attention... but she so dramatically cut off my oxygen that that wasn't an option. I have no idea of what she asked me, but all she got in response was a snarled, "MOVE!"

Later, when the human part of my brain was working again, I apologized and explained. :o

I'm pretty sure that I don't have to worry about it happening again, though. :lol:

​​​​​​​Nor worry about having more kids in all likelihood. 😁

Mojo31 02-14-22 07:56 AM

The struggle is real.

Wordle 240 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
⬜🟨🟩🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WhyFi 02-14-22 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22409048)
Nor worry about having more kids in all likelihood. 😁

Some people enjoy that kind of energy... just sayin'... :innocent:​​​​​​​

LesterOfPuppets 02-14-22 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22409015)
Now for the most boring part of the sports year, the month without football and before March Madness begins. At least we have next week’s NBA all star game to hold us over. ;)

Wondering if Spring Training will happen is pretty exciting!

Only 12 days til the first Mariners game is scheduled...

BillyD 02-14-22 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22409027)
Nope, that's the summer.

I can't argue with you too much, but at least the summer allows you to get out and participate instead of just watching.

BillyD 02-14-22 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22409048)
Nor worry about having more kids in all likelihood. 😁

Mojo gets it. They automatically file that away in the db, a standard routine of the OS. In some it's buried way in the back, in others it's within easy reach. My ex, for example, didn't forget squat.

BillyD 02-14-22 08:40 AM

I got news for you, twenty years ago you were a kid, today you're still a pup. You've got no business letting the passage of 20 years at this stage in life make you feel old. Just think young, keep fit and eat right and life will treat you right.

BillyD 02-14-22 08:53 AM

Speaking of which, California Love still makes me rock.

Mojo31 02-14-22 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22409080)
Mojo gets it. They automatically file that away in the db, a standard routine of the OS. In some it's buried way in the back, in others it's within easy reach. My ex, for example, didn't forget squat.

The best birth control is a pissed off wife. Or one who got pissed off 20 years ago. ;)

Mojo31 02-14-22 08:57 AM

Froome on time trial bikes: Cycling great Froome questions safety of time-trial bikes (msn.com)

Velo Vol 02-14-22 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22409097)
Just think young, keep fit and eat right and life will treat you right.

Maybe.

indyfabz 02-14-22 09:16 AM

Consider yourself lucky. For me, it was acts like RUN-DMC, which I saw live during my college years.

seedsbelize2 02-14-22 09:31 AM

I have never had any relation with rap but I've always liked Snoop in his other roles. I very much enjoyed the halftime show. Even enjoyed Eminem. A first. Normally it's just another bit of popular culture schmaltz.
I also enjoyed the game. It was such a treat to be able to watch it at home. NFL Game pass cost all of $1.00 for the live stream.

datlas 02-14-22 09:34 AM

I will admit to being quite old and/or outta touch. The last Rap song I really liked was this:

LesterOfPuppets 02-14-22 10:04 AM

Happy Arizona Statehood day! 110 years old. :bday: :bday: :bday:

Velo Vol 02-14-22 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22409171)
I will admit to being quite old and/or outta touch.

We know.

big john 02-14-22 10:12 AM

I drove over an hour to a Super Bowl party at a friend's house. I had never been there before. Big house high on a hill overlooking the desert. Plenty of room and I sat by an open window with an amazing view. A huge amount of food with variety, grilling was going on and one lady made desserts fresh during the game.

It was loud in there and the game was not the focus for many of the guests but the t.v. was huge. Everyone paid attention to the half time show, though. I was glad I went and one friend insisted I try the strawberry shortcake before I left. That was a good call!

rjones28 02-14-22 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22409219)
Happy Arizona Statehood day! 110 years old. :bday: :bday: :bday:

:bday:

WhyFi 02-14-22 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22409080)

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22409118)
The best birth control is a pissed off wife. Or one who got pissed off 20 years ago. ;)

Lol. No worries - our relationship isn't nearly so tenuous. Lack of intimacy continues to not be a problem.

WhyFi 02-14-22 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22409097)
I got news for you, twenty years ago you were a kid, today you're still a pup. You've got no business letting the passage of 20 years at this stage in life make you feel old. Just think young, keep fit and eat right and life will treat you right.

Everything is relative, and I don't mean to imply that I'm feeling physically, mentally or emotionally old - that's not the case. I'm saying that this was a loud and clear example of a generational shift.

WhyFi 02-14-22 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22409140)
Consider yourself lucky. For me, it was acts like RUN-DMC, which I saw live during my college years.

The music video for the RUN-DMC/Aerosmith "Walk This Way" collab was a big milestone in my youth.

....as was Madonna's "Vogue," for different reasons. :innocent:

Mojo31 02-14-22 10:25 AM

Old joke in honor of Valentine's Day:

In case you don't know, there are three stages of sex in every relationship. The first is the honeymoon stage where you do it anywhere and everywhere - in the bedroom, in the car, on the patio, anywhere. The second comes after the arrival of kids and is relegated strictly to the bedroom after the kids are confirmed to be asleep. The third results in hallway sex. That's where you pass each other in the hallway and say, "**** you."

big john 02-14-22 10:27 AM

Wordle 240 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩