Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.2 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1249389)

genejockey 04-26-22 03:40 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22485437)
This may have already happened.

My old boss was being deposed for a patent infringement lawsuit. They started with the usual, "Do you have any condition that would prevent you from remembering or answering accurately and truthfully?"

He thought for a moment and said, "How would I know?"

genejockey 04-26-22 03:41 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22485426)
I thought it was mucus but it's not.

If you think it's butter, but it's snot!

genejockey 04-26-22 03:43 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22485527)
The results are in. Mid day I was falling asleep again, and decided to go with an espresso pourover. Two sips in it was clear. And I had a productive afternoon. The key, it seems, is to not have that second cup. Thank you all for your time and consideration as I worked through this.

My brother would say the key is to have another cup when the last one's fading out. To be fair, we have wondered if he's got coffee for blood.

Velo Vol 04-26-22 04:13 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22485567)
And there goes the power. It must be raining somewhere in the area.

Nope.

Velo Vol 04-26-22 04:40 PM

Only one water bottle per ride @big_john. I don't make the rules.


Trsnrtr 04-26-22 04:49 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22485582)
My brother would say the key is to have another cup when the last one's fading out. To be fair, we have wondered if he's got coffee for blood.

Is that a problem? :foo:

rjones28 04-26-22 05:58 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22485529)
Is he riding on gravel again?

Road crews were out repairing and grooming the gravel roads around here yesterday.

rjones28 04-26-22 06:01 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22485623)
Nope.

Are you in seedsbelize2 's area?

big john 04-26-22 06:22 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22485659)
Only one water bottle per ride @big_john. I don't make the rules.

https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1519082429100617728

It's bad. I could do without any watering of the weeds or car washing, but they might force a 15% reduction in water use. I don't know how we could cut our use that much.

Any water I take on a ride is bottled water from the grocery store, not the stuff that comes from the tap.

big john 04-26-22 06:27 PM

On a happier note, 4 of us had a nice ride today. Lots of rolling hills but no major climbs. Quiet roads and my friends bought me a bagel and coffee at the break. What more could I ask for on a Tuesday ride?

LAJ 04-26-22 06:55 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22485659)
Only one water bottle per ride @big_john. I don't make the rules.

https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1519082429100617728


https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...ee65e77364.jpg

LAJ 04-26-22 07:04 PM


genejockey 04-26-22 07:04 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22485739)
It's bad. I could do without any watering of the weeds or car washing, but they might force a 15% reduction in water use. I don't know how we could cut our use that much.

Any water I take on a ride is bottled water from the grocery store, not the stuff that comes from the tap.

That's the thing, if you're already water conscious and they tell you to cut 15%, vs the guy with a pool and a big, lush yard with a water feature. He can cut 15% just by cutting out two days of watering.

Velo Vol 04-26-22 07:13 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22485724)
Road crews were out repairing and grooming the gravel roads around here yesterday.

No roads here were "groomed" today. SMH.

LesterOfPuppets 04-26-22 07:54 PM

At the end of the 3rd baseline tonight. Every Dbacks home game against the Dodgers is like an away game. #poordiamondbacks
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...a7419b0286.jpg

LAJ 04-26-22 07:57 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22485861)
At the end of the 3rd baseline tonight. Every Dbacks home game against the Dodgers is like an away game. #sad

Welcome to the Rockies world. All the big market teams have transplants here. The World Series games here were almost like a Red Sox home game.

LesterOfPuppets 04-26-22 08:07 PM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22485864)
Welcome to the Rockies world. All the big market teams have transplants here. The World Series games here were almost like a Red Sox home game.

Besides the Dodgers fans living local, quite a few drive over from California for games.

A lot of Dbacks fans are a couple blocks down watching the Sun's, that's why I got these $5 tix :)

LesterOfPuppets 04-26-22 08:17 PM

Saddest of all, it seems we've lost our organist. Last game it didn't sound like the same guy as before. Tonight I havent heard a peep out of the Hammond.

Mojo31 04-26-22 08:18 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22485801)
That's the thing, if you're already water conscious and they tell you to cut 15%, vs the guy with a pool and a big, lush yard with a water feature. He can cut 15% just by cutting out two days of watering.

Years ago I had a client with a big house on the side of a hill in Austin. He had the typical infinity pool and lush grounds. But, he also built a 60 waterfall on one side of the property that flowed into a creek at the bottom of the hill.

One year when they had drought conditions, the Austin paper printed a list of the top ten residential water users in the city. Yep, he made the list. He was in good company though as Lance Armstrong was on the list also.

big john 04-26-22 08:24 PM

Amazing finish to Grizzlies/T-wolves game.

Velo Vol 04-26-22 08:30 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22485879)
A lot of Dbacks fans are a couple blocks down watching the Sun's, that's why I got these $5 tix :)

Surely you aren't at another snoozeball game.

LesterOfPuppets 04-26-22 09:14 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22485890)
Surely you aren't at another snoozeball game.

I'll likely be at 95% of Dbacks home games that don't overlap with work and I can get into for less than $10.

Being at a baseball game is pretty much the best thing you can do.

Velo Vol 04-26-22 09:26 PM

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...4e3f8cdea6.png

LesterOfPuppets 04-26-22 09:54 PM

The. Ballpark just got word of the Suns win right after the 7th inning stretch

big john 04-26-22 10:20 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22485949)
The. Ballpark just got word of the Suns win right after the 7th inning stretch

Huh? The game is still on.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:41 PM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.