Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1233876)

DougRNS 09-17-21 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22234141)
Agree. I dread getting sued. It has not happened yet, but if/when it happens I know I won't take it well.

Maybe I should quit while I am ahead?

Spain is calling you.

BillyD 09-17-21 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22234059)
I have mixed feelings about this. We have to be much more cautious about our wording if we know patients are reading their notes. It's especially a problem in patients with Axis II diagnoses.

Are those the crazies?

Mojo31 09-17-21 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22234141)
Agree. I dread getting sued. It has not happened yet, but if/when it happens I know I won't take it well.

Maybe I should quit while I am ahead?

We should all. But, college, weddings and life says otherwise.

Velo Vol 09-17-21 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22234129)
Probably a good thing though. I've seen many instances where a doctor's notes have bit them in the ass when the malpractice suit rolled in.

They wrote that the patient was unpleasant?

Mojo31 09-17-21 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22234156)
Are those the crazies?

You could probably say that.

Mojo31 09-17-21 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22234164)
They wrote that the patient was unpleasant?

Or more.

Velo Vol 09-17-21 10:45 AM

One time I got referred to a GI doctor. When I checked in I was standing at the receptionist desk doing the regular stuff and she asked to see my insurance card. I causally tossed it toward her on the counter, thinking nothing of it.

Somehow the doctor got word of this (greatly exaggerated, no doubt). He comes in the exam room and says, "Do you have a problem with my staff members? If you do, this appointment is over."

I was like, "wut" Not even knowing what he was referring to.

Anyway, I wonder what my notes said for that appointment. Probably not "pleasant."

datlas 09-17-21 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22234150)
Spain is calling you.

It would have been much more realistic except for COVID19 issues.

Maybe in a few years.

sbxx1985 09-17-21 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22234191)
One time I got referred to a GI doctor. When I checked in I was standing at the receptionist desk doing the regular stuff and she asked to see my insurance card. I causally tossed it toward her on the counter, thinking nothing of it.

Somehow the doctor got word of this (greatly exaggerated, no doubt). He comes in the exam room and says, "Do you have a problem with my staff members? If you do, this appointment is over."

Anyway, I wonder what my notes said for that appointment. Probably not "pleasant."

"Dickhead."

MoAlpha 09-17-21 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22234156)
Are those the crazies?

Personality and developmental disorders, i.e., the disruptive, difficult, and destructive people who often don't know it or don't care.

bampilot06 09-17-21 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22234109)
Making the move to the mothership though- Congrats. Does tenure etc move with you?

nope, starting over an moving to the right seat.

sbxx1985 09-17-21 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22234126)
You should see them when they come to my shop with a problem.

What kind of law do you practice?

Velo Vol 09-17-21 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22234111)
3 days of meetings followed by dinner events etc. Was much better than anticipated and much more pandemic conscious than I expected.

See, it's just fine . . . if you stay away from the crazy people.

LAJ 09-17-21 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22234191)

Toss? WTF.

sbxx1985 09-17-21 11:42 AM

Maybe Vol has bad manners?

LAJ 09-17-21 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by sbxx1985 (Post 22234291)
Maybe Vol has bad manners?

Unpleasant manners at the bare (bear) minimum.

datlas 09-17-21 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by sbxx1985 (Post 22234291)
Maybe Vol has bad manners is a difficult patient?

fixed

sbxx1985 09-17-21 11:46 AM

We got a very one sided opinion of the witch doctor.

sbxx1985 09-17-21 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22234244)
See, it's just fine . . . if you stay away from the crazy people.

I see.

genejockey 09-17-21 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22234134)
genejockey Are you aware of this outfit? It's where I ordered my NOS brakes from.

I am now! Thanks!!!

genejockey 09-17-21 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22234123)
A good thing about being a dealer tech is the lack of customer contact. Sometimes, though, it's helpful for me to talk to them because the service writers don't know the right questions, etc.
I get the hierarchy of diagnosis going and ask questions that some customers don't understand why I'm asking and for some reason they take offence. I had a young guy with a diesel truck which had some code for the DPF or regen and so many things are involved. I got a few questions in before he became pissed off. "I don't need this song and dance" as if I was trying to fleece him somehow. OK Buddy, figure it out yourself. I went back to work and the writer calmed him down and convinced him I could fix it. Turned out to be an air leak on the intercooler pipe.

Part of my job running a research group is troubleshooting when something doesn't work. I always preface my questions with, "Some of the questions I'm going to ask might make you think that I think you're an idiot, but that's not it. I just have to ask them to make sure I understand everything." After that, they're not offended.

It does, however, remind me of a friend in IT at a previous company, who, when confronted with "My computer stopped working", always started by asking "What color is the power cord?", rather than "Is it plugged in?", because he'd get them to look without offending them.

Eric F 09-17-21 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22234327)
Part of my job running a research group is troubleshooting when something doesn't work. I always preface my questions with, "Some of the questions I'm going to ask might make you think that I think you're an idiot, but that's not it. I just have to ask them to make sure I understand everything." After that, they're not offended.

It does, however, remind me of a friend in IT at a previous company, who, when confronted with "My computer stopped working", always started by asking "What color is the power cord?", rather than "Is it plugged in?", because he'd get them to look without offending them.

One of my best friends is an independent iT guy. He talks frequently about problems caused by "ID-10-T" users, and "knob actuator error" issues. He gets paid a lot of money for turning things off and turning them back on.

sbxx1985 09-17-21 12:11 PM

That's funny.

Velo Vol 09-17-21 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22234278)
Toss? WTF.

A smooth flick of the wrist, which resulted in the card being right in front of her.

Eric F 09-17-21 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22234348)
A smooth flick of the wrist, which resulted in the card being right in front of her.

Clearly, she didn't pay attention to your excellent card flipping skills. Instead of complaining, she should have given you a high-5 or a fist bump.