Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1233876)

LesterOfPuppets 09-24-21 02:57 PM

No washouts on my ride. No sun all morning either, so sweet.

https://dgtzuqphqg23d.cloudfront.net...-2048x1536.jpg

Velo Vol 09-24-21 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22244293)
You think I’m out here on the road playing with photoshop?

No more nonsensical than someone spray painting that on an underwater slab in the middle of the boondocks.

Velo Vol 09-24-21 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22244363)
My cats have made me bleed a lot more often than my dogs.

scratches > bites

Eric F 09-24-21 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22244386)
scratches > bites

I have been bitten by cats, in anger, way more often than dogs.

MoAlpha 09-24-21 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22243731)
I try very hard not to overexpose myself. One can get arrested for that.

And live in infamy forever on the bike offender registry!

LesterOfPuppets 09-24-21 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22244386)
scratches > bites

Trsnrtr 09-24-21 04:17 PM

My neighborhood is filled with walkers and dogs and the dogs are all friendly but one widow has two Labrador retrievers and walks them several times a day. One of the two, howls at me if I’m in the garage or yard and even on my bike until I stop and pet him. And, if I don’t pet him long enough, he continues to howl until I do. It’s both heartwarming and annoying at the same time.

big john 09-24-21 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22244438)
My neighborhood is filled with walkers and dogs and the dogs are all friendly but one widow has two Labrador retrievers and walks them several times a day. One of the two, howls at me if I’m in the garage or yard and even on my bike until I stop and pet him. And, if I don’t pet him long enough, he continues to howl until I do. It’s both heartwarming and annoying at the same time.

He loves you.

LAJ 09-24-21 04:37 PM

Like that.

big john 09-24-21 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22244391)
I have been bitten by cats, in anger, way more often than dogs.

My cat inflicted a severe bite on my arm when I first got him. It might be why he got dumped in my area but he got over it.
I had a Doberman once and the stupid cat bit me worse than the dobie ever did.

genejockey 09-24-21 04:44 PM

Retrievers, man. They are the lovingest dogs.

DougRNS 09-24-21 04:53 PM

Kind of like Vol but not heartwarming.

LAJ 09-24-21 04:58 PM

Ava The Tapping Pei crossed the Rainbow Bridge last night. Sad. She was quite the celebrity in the Shar Pei world.

Eric F 09-24-21 05:51 PM

He clearly knows exactly what buttons to push to get what he wants. Good boy!

WhyFi 09-24-21 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22244471)
Ava The Tapping Pei crossed the Rainbow Bridge last night. Sad. She was quite the celebrity in the Shar Pei world.

Can you tuck me in, Mommy? - YouTube

Aww.

Until she got too old, and couldn't make it up the stairs to sleep in our bedroom, Lucy used to come over to say goodnight to me when I got in bed, every single night and no matter what time it was. I could come home at 2am and, and she'd be sleeping in her bed, but she'd pop up as soon as I sat on my bed, and she'd come over and visit with me for 10 seconds to end the day.

rjones28 09-24-21 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22244248)
Time to mow.

You do a lot of mowing.

Velo Vol 09-24-21 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22244273)
Incorrect.

What's going on in Cobb County this weekend? Don't you have one or two installments of mowing to do?

DougRNS 09-24-21 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22244528)
What's going on in Cobb County this weekend? Don't you have one or two installments of mowing to do?

Grass has stopped growing. I'm not complaining. Mrs. DougRNS is on a weekend with the girls (old biddies) from church so it's me and Roscoe fighting tooth and nail for most awesome of the house.

DougRNS 09-24-21 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22244528)

That's the Northwest Metro Atlanta area as far as you are concerned.

Velo Vol 09-24-21 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22244525)
You do a lot of mowing.

Another productive week. Many things done.

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22244535)
Grass has stopped growing.

Grass grows on in the quasi north due to abundant rainfall.

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22244538)
That's the Northwest Metro Atlanta area as far as you are concerned.

Normal people call it Cobb County.

abshipp 09-24-21 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22244363)
Zero burglars (or other people with malicious intent) are scared off by the sound of a cat meowing, or sitting silently in the window.

My sweet calico kitty in her fortress of solitude, whenever the vacuum is run:

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...27c1d657f7.jpg
​​​​​​

DougRNS 09-24-21 06:37 PM

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...7a07c690b9.jpg
Today is a 5 and I'm on pain meds.
SMFH

LAJ 09-24-21 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22244519)
Aww.

Until she got too old, and couldn't make it up the stairs to sleep in our bedroom, Lucy used to come over to say goodnight to me when I got in bed, every single night and no matter what time it was. I could come home at 2am and, and she'd be sleeping in her bed, but she'd pop up as soon as I sat on my bed, and she'd come over and visit with me for 10 seconds to end the day.

It's stuff like that that leave a mark. We'll never forget each and every one of them.

indyfabz 09-24-21 07:08 PM

Last night on the road in Upper Black Eddy, PA. Metric century tomorrow to my local for a celebratory bourbon.
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...2b2ea16f6.jpeg

LAJ 09-24-21 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22244535)
Grass has stopped growing. I'm not complaining. Mrs. DougRNS is on a weekend with the girls (old biddies) from church so it's me and Roscoe fighting tooth and nail for most awesome of the house.

I know you'll be putting up a good fight to try and unsuccessfully unseat Roscoe.