Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.4 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1239811)

LesterOfPuppets 10-29-21 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22288924)

What's not to love? Makes me wanna go for a ride or walk, then head home for some hot cocoa, maybe put on the union suit and some wool socks.

ls01 10-29-21 07:07 PM

I lied. It's installed. Works like it should. Other than cost it's like it never happened.

Mojo31 10-29-21 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22288824)
Fun Fact: I have never put notes up on the wall.

I've seen characters on TV shows do that.

Mojo31 10-29-21 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22288871)
Reminds me--UT played a closer game than the other "orange" team. Who would have thought that at the beginning of the season?

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...749fe72624.png

Same boring stuff as you read here every day.

I don't need one.

Nonresponsive counselor. The question was, do you want. Not, do you need. My guess from the way you dodged the question is that you do want one.

ls01 10-29-21 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22288813)
Cluster update:
Brother 1 needs to keep his catheter deployed for another week. I'm sorry to hear that but not as much as him.

Brother 2 is doing fine with covid and will be at day 10 on Monday.

Sister with seizure last week is working this week but not driving. She gets an MRI next week looking for a possible cause more money limit liability

Sister 2 is 2 weeks post covid and doing fine.

I'm still a dumpster fire.

83 year old mother still fine and thinks we're all a bunch of ****ies.

I feel for ya.
my dad starts a new kemo on Monday. Biopsy on spine is Lukemia. He has blood draws 3 times a week. He beat the pneumonia finally. Blood work is stable.
his younger sister. Hasn't been well for a while. She started bleeding a few weeks ago. Was admitted. Escaped 2 days later. Fell down at home and couldn't get up for 5 hours. Neighbor heard her crying and call ambulance.short story, cancer everywhere.
My brother had a prostate procedure done 5 weeks ago. Ended up with a Mursa infection. Almost died on the way to hospital after passing out a couple times at home. He's allergic to a lot of antibiotics. So he a bugger to treat. Pick line and pump for 4 weeks. Took it out a week ago.
Robomom needs her other shoulder replaced. That will make it 2 knees, 2 hips, and both shoulders.
I feel your pain. I get anxiety when the phone rings now.

MoAlpha 10-29-21 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22288870)

Stunning fireplace. What is that mineral? And sorry about the ongoing family health issues.

MoAlpha 10-29-21 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22288958)
I feel for ya.
my dad starts a new kemo on Monday. Biopsy on spine is Lukemia. He has blood draws 3 times a week. He beat the pneumonia finally. Blood work is stable.
his younger sister. Hasn't been well for a while. She started bleeding a few weeks ago. Was admitted. Escaped 2 days later. Fell down at home and couldn't get up for 5 hours. Neighbor heard her crying and call ambulance.short story, cancer everywhere.
My brother had a prostate procedure done 5 weeks ago. Ended up with a Mursa infection. Almost died on the way to hospital after passing out a couple times at home. He's allergic to a lot of antibiotics. So he a bugger to treat. Pick line and pump for 4 weeks. Took it out a week ago.
Robomom needs her other shoulder replaced. That will make it 2 knees, 2 hips, and both shoulders.

Wow. Lots of bad stuff going around.!

ls01 10-29-21 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22288840)
My kid made this Halloween costume with his 3d printer and other materials. Kid has too much time on his hands at school.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...2261998dab.jpg

Holy crow! Is there a Klingon bird of prey outside in the driveway? These kids and their 3d printer these days....

ls01 10-29-21 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22288960)
Wow. Lots of bad stuff going around.!

Yeah, my aunt was kind of a surprise. She took a fall a couple years ago, hit her head and wouldn't go see a Dr. She's been going downhill ever since. Her diabetes has been out of control. And now this. Sucks.

genejockey 10-29-21 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22288790)
Even a job you liked that's too long.

I was looking into my ancestors on my Dad's side a few years back. More specifically HIS Dad's side, since his Mom's side was pretty well documented. My Great-great Grandfather was born in 1822, in what was then called Birmingham but is now the South Side of Pittsburgh. I can follow him from about 1850 till he died in 1901, in census records, Navy records, and city directories. He was a river pilot, back when the rivers were the easiest way to move stuff around. In the City Directories, he's listed as a Pilot till he was about 70. After that, they don't list him as 'Retired', or anything like that. He's listed as a 'Laborer'.

I think in those days you worked till you couldn't anymore, because you were senile, or crippled, or dead.

I don't know about my Great Grandfather, but I know my Grandfather was working on into at least his 70s.

rjones28 10-29-21 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22288920)
Today was prolly perfect for riding, but I spent the day in the woodshop. My other addiction. Tomorrow is a farmette day, possibly with a short ride, and Sunday I will try for the metric century I signed up for on Strava. It's gonna be frigid tonight, judging by how cold it is now. Might be sleeping bag weather.
The beauty of the instant coffee routine is its utter speed. Get up to take a leak and come back with a fresh cup of coffee.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...245213070e.gif

gnome 10-29-21 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22288824)
Fun Fact: I have never put notes up on the wall.

You don't have to land a plane, and have it be still useable afterwards.

LAJ 10-29-21 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22288982)

Yeah. Same. It was just way to easy.

genejockey 10-29-21 08:00 PM

I got back home from what was almost certainly my LAST post-work ride of 2021. The sun was already down behind the hills when I got back to the car....
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...cf75b91b8c.jpg
It's been only 5 days since the big storm that dumped so much rain on us, but the vegetation is already going wild - all that green grass you see? Last week it was all brown.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...b6a1fdcb8f.jpg

I arrived home to find that nobody had done anything about dinner, BUT somebody had gotten one of those big, big bags of candy - Snickers, M&Ms, etc. I've been doing my part.

gnome 10-29-21 08:05 PM

made the mistake of going grocery shopping while hungry. found some stroopwafels. thought I'd try them. damn. they are like crack. that pack isn't going to last the day. :o

bampilot06 10-29-21 08:10 PM

Just did my first zwift ride. Itís on my work IPAD and I use a different account for that apple id then I do on my phone. I canít figure out how to upload it to strava, or how to do anything with the workout data. I donít see anything on the home screen other than my name and when I select it just wants to start a new work out.
I would like to be able to upload it to strava and garmin.

genejockey 10-29-21 08:11 PM

OH, yeah - and my 1985 Centurion Ironman, "Deadman" f***ing ROCKS!! Fastest C&V bike in the stable. May be right up there with the modern bikes, but it's hard to tell since I couldn't ride my 'Time Trial' route - not enough daylight left.

genejockey 10-29-21 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22288995)
Just did my first zwift ride. Itís on my work IPAD and I use a different account for that apple id then I do on my phone. I canít figure out how to upload it to strava, or how to do anything with the workout data. I donít see anything on the home screen other than my name and when I select it just wants to start a new work out.
I would like to be able to upload it to strava and garmin.

You should be able to connect them. Go to Zwift.com in a regular browser and sign into your account. When you click on your account name in the upper right, you should see your profile, plus some other options:
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...88b2f08985.jpg
Click on "Connections" to link your Zwift account to other platforms.

rjones28 10-29-21 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by gnome (Post 22288984)
You don't have to land a plane, and have it be still useable afterwards.

I just hope that bampilot06 doesn't forget his gloves.

DougRNS 10-29-21 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22288959)
Stunning fireplace. What is that mineral? And sorry about the ongoing family health issues.

The wife and I had a conversation and we think it's slate. Thank you for the kind thoughts about my family dumpster fire.

LesterOfPuppets 10-29-21 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by gnome (Post 22288990)
made the mistake of going grocery shopping while hungry. found some stroopwafels. thought I'd try them. damn. they are like crack. that pack isn't going to last the day. :o

I need to work on a grocery pickup order for tomorrow.

I already grabbed an array of Middle Eastern treats yesterday though.

Tonight's desert is pistachio bird's nest, washed down with oat milk hot cocoa

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...818a019f01.jpg

bampilot06 10-29-21 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22289001)

Hardie har har har.

Did one better, went topless.

LesterOfPuppets 10-29-21 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22289001)

Pilot gloves are crucial, along with the scarf and goggles.

DougRNS 10-29-21 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22288958)
I feel for ya.

Sorry man. Positive thoughts your way.

LAJ 10-29-21 08:25 PM

Jeez guys. I hope it all smooths out a bit.