Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

Velo Vol 01-23-22 10:57 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22384164)
I'm afraid to buy anything right now, but I do have too much cash sitting. I guess I should at least dump it into my 0.5% savings account tomorrow.

Consider Velo Vol International. Ticker: VVOL

MoAlpha 01-23-22 11:13 AM

I was joking about Peloton.

DougRNS 01-23-22 11:21 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22384209)
I was joking about Peloton.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...7834791e9b.jpg

genejockey 01-23-22 11:24 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22384209)
I was joking about Peloton.

Just roll with it.

genejockey 01-23-22 11:28 AM

I am reminded of a Simpson's episode, back in 2000 or so when the Tech Bubble burst. Bart had gotten a high-paying job with an internet startup, converting Homer's rants to content, but the whole thing went belly up. Last scene is the Foozball table being repossessed, and the repo man says, "Yes, this collapse has created a boom for the Repo business. A boom which will never end!!!!"

Velo Vol 01-23-22 11:33 AM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22384217)

Do you have "boots" for Roscoe for when it's cold?

datlas 01-23-22 11:39 AM

Reminder we are considering a week in Asheville in early May for a vacation with cycling. Cycling is a goal but also want some hiking and culture, especially for Mrs datlas.

She just mentioned that with the drive being 9 hours, we should also consider closer destinations like Charlottesville or Richmond or someplace along Skyline Drive.

Comments?? I am thinking Asheville still might be worth the longer drive.

Velo Vol 01-23-22 11:50 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22384235)
Reminder we are considering a week in Asheville in early May for a vacation with cycling. Cycling is a goal but also want some hiking and culture, especially for Mrs datlas.

She just mentioned that with the drive being 9 hours, we should also consider closer destinations like Charlottesville or Richmond or someplace along Skyline Drive.

Comments?? I am thinking Asheville still might be worth the longer drive.

Mountains here are 2000+ feet taller. Early May is too early in the season for premium cycling, though. End of May - September.

datlas 01-23-22 11:53 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22384164)
I'm afraid to buy anything right now, but I do have too much cash sitting. I guess I should at least dump it into my 0.5% savings account tomorrow.

Same issue here. I feel like a schmuck losing out to inflation, but the market is uncertain and real estate is a hassle. Might invest in bike schwag.

DougRNS 01-23-22 11:53 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22384246)
Mountains here are 2000+ feet taller. Early May is too early in the season for premium cycling, though.

don't forget nearby Mt Mitchell.

DougRNS 01-23-22 12:20 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22384231)
Do you have "boots" for Roscoe for when it's cold?

File photo
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...ec334d096c.jpg
No boots but it doesn't get that cold here.

Mojo31 01-23-22 12:30 PM

Pleasant day today.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...81e24948c8.jpg

WhyFi 01-23-22 12:32 PM

We're out and about and needed to grab some lunch. There's a citywide mandate that includes proof of vaccination to eat-in. Fortunately, I put all of that on my phone before the VA trip. I kind of like the mandate, though - plenty of tables and keeps the riff raff out. :p

Velo Vol 01-23-22 12:34 PM

Another urination picture. :rolleyes:

phrantic09 01-23-22 12:57 PM

Took the Aspero out for a short ride today. First impression is holy **** this thing is stuff and fast. With road wheels on, it is every bit as snappy and responsive as the R3. It was windy, so the speed was low for the effort, but man.. what a joy to ride.

There most be something off with my torque wrench, I torqued the bars to what I thought was spec and at the end of my ride they spun down on me- top bolts were tight but the bottom was loose. Luckily my amazing bike skills prevented me from eating it.

Fun story about picking it up yesterday. I picked the bike up in Goshen- about 2 hours from my house. Left at 7:30 and brought pedals, shoes and bibs so I could get everything right before bringing it home. After taking care of everything and putting the bike and all 4 wheels in the car, I took off without grabbing my bag of shoes, bibs and some other stuff. Was 30 minutes from home before I realized and had to go back.

Going to try out the gravel wheels tomorrow.

picture in the wild- when the sun hits the paint itís amazing.


https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...a71deb18f.jpeg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...11008d94b.jpeg

rjones28 01-23-22 02:05 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22384220)
Just roll with it.


Velo Vol 01-23-22 02:19 PM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22384318)
I picked the bike up in Goshen- about 2 hours from my house.

RIP Pcad.

abshipp 01-23-22 02:25 PM

Went on my first ride since getting COVID. T​​​hought I would ride the MUP up North and see if I could hit some hills if I was feeling OK.

Heart rate was way higher than it should be just spinning around so I only ride for about an hour.

I hope this doesn't last for too long :(

big john 01-23-22 02:54 PM

I went with club #2 on a short ride with over 20 riders. It was billed as a no-drop social ride and it lived up to that. Fun chatting with some people I haven't seen in a while. Saw a triathlete girl who said she hasn't been on a bike or running in 2 months. She rode fine, she must have a good base. If I was off for 2 months I would be way off the back.
I hope they have more Sunday rides like this.
https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.net...2A&oe=61F25132
https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.net...mQ&oe=61F341EC

BillyD 01-23-22 03:29 PM

The Rams get it, the way to beat Brady is to pound and pressure him, a la NY Giants.

big john 01-23-22 03:47 PM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22384462)
The Rams get it, the way to beat Brady is to pound and pressure him, a la NY Giants.

Gotta keep it going, a long way until the end.

LesterOfPuppets 01-23-22 03:49 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22384250)
Same issue here. I feel like a schmuck losing out to inflation, but the market is uncertain and real estate is a hassle. Might invest in bike schwag.

Guess I could start buying used Ti on spec.
This beauty is only $660 and too big for me to ride
https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.net...3Q&oe=61F27DB7

big john 01-23-22 03:55 PM

Might fit if you took out 75mm of spacers under the stem.

ls01 01-23-22 04:01 PM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22382168)
It's a dry cold. Builds character.

the low humidity makes it feel 10 degrees warmer

ls01 01-23-22 04:20 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22383618)
The jacuzzi has been a lifesaver. First thing in the morning and the stiffness is gone. A couple times during the day to keep things loose.

Reported...


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:58 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.