Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

phrantic09 01-13-22 04:19 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22371676)
Welp, the boy is back to distance learning for the rest of Jan, thanks to the latest COVID bloom.

Ugh, sorry.

We now have a test to stay program in our district and randomized testing (if parent approved) that will hopefully keep the kids in school.

the district also handed out rapid tests to every family.

phrantic09 01-13-22 04:23 AM

My brother stupidly took his family to Disney Land over the holidays. Guess what they all have?

MoAlpha 01-13-22 04:48 AM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22372073)
My brother stupidly took his family to Disney Land over the holidays. Guess what they all have?

My brother stupidly managed a hospital staff and took ER shifts, his wife worked as a home hospice nurse, and his daughters went to school, in Seattle. Guess what they all have. Your bro probably had more fun.

There is really no avoiding this thing for most people.

indyfabz 01-13-22 05:24 AM

Happy National Rubber Ducky Day!



bampilot06 01-13-22 05:29 AM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22372073)
My brother stupidly took his family to Disney Land over the holidays. Guess what they all have?


Micky Mouse Hats?

bampilot06 01-13-22 05:32 AM

29 degrees time to ride. was hoping for 60, I am behind my miles this week, but I doubt I will last that long.

indyfabz 01-13-22 05:36 AM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22371701)
(raises hand)

Fun fact: Something like 84% of Idaho is owned by the federal government.

Velo Vol 01-13-22 05:54 AM

Good morning freeranger

Velo Vol 01-13-22 06:17 AM

wut in the witch doctory is this about?


https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...37f465a1fc.png

MoAlpha 01-13-22 06:18 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22372085)
Happy National Rubber Ducky Day!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B8IfCSnYPYo&t=30s

Nice. My brother used to hang out with the guy who wrote that song.

phrantic09 01-13-22 06:49 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22372076)
My brother stupidly managed a hospital staff and took ER shifts, his wife worked as a home hospice nurse, and his daughters went to school, in Seattle. Guess what they all have. Your bro probably had more fun.

There is really no avoiding this thing for most people.

seems that way

MoAlpha 01-13-22 07:03 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22372102)
wut in the witch doctory is this about?


https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...37f465a1fc.png

There are neural control loops between immune organs, e.g., the spleen, and tissues, e.g., joint capsules, and the spinal cord, which influence local immune and inflammatory responses. These loops are, in turn, under the influence of brain systems. These mechanisms have been largely neglected by immunologists and rheumatologists because it's easier simply to flood the system with anti-inflammatory drugs or antibodies and block inflammation in the target tissues. It's not clear how clinically important these neural control systems are, but they might be a big deal.

Velo Vol 01-13-22 07:10 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22372124)
There are neural control loops between immune organs, e.g., the spleen, and tissues, e.g., joint capsules, and the spinal cord, which influence local immune and inflammatory responses. These loops are, in turn, under the influence of brain systems. These mechanisms have been largely neglected by immunologists and rheumatologists because it's easier simply to flood the system with anti-inflammatory drugs or antibodies and block inflammation in the target tissues. It's not clear how clinically important these neural control systems are, but they might be a big deal.

So my next phase of "treatment," when mouse drugs stop working, will resemble this?


https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...ce7717d49b.jpg

Trsnrtr 01-13-22 07:34 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22372130)
So my next phase of "treatment," when mouse drugs stop working, will resemble this?


https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...ce7717d49b.jpg

It would explain a lot if I knew that you've already tried it.

indyfabz 01-13-22 07:42 AM

Belated Christmas graft. The father of one our outside counsel owns an olive grove in Greece and makes his own oil. Can’t wait to try it.

BTW...Anyone here read Greek?


https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...d303dbb48.jpeg

BillyD 01-13-22 07:59 AM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22371701)
(raises hand)

Same here. The ranchers are constantly whining about not having enough land to graze their critters. No sympathy here.

datlas 01-13-22 08:09 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22372076)
My brother stupidly managed a hospital staff and took ER shifts, his wife worked as a home hospice nurse, and his daughters went to school, in Seattle. Guess what they all have. Your bro probably had more fun.

There is really no avoiding this thing for most people.

Agree. We will all likely get it, but if we are vaxxed/boosted we should have mild illness.

MoAlpha 01-13-22 08:14 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22372151)
Belated Christmas graft. The father of one our outside counsel owns an olive grove in Greece and makes his own oil. Canít wait to try it.

BTW...Anyone here read Greek?


https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...d303dbb48.jpeg

Nice color. Could be great. I've had some really good oil from Kalamata and Crete.

MoAlpha 01-13-22 08:15 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22372130)
So my next phase of "treatment," when mouse drugs stop working, will resemble this?


https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...ce7717d49b.jpg

If he's not grounded and putting in the hot side he'll never get better.

Velo Vol 01-13-22 08:21 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22372180)
Agree. We will all likely get it, but if we are vaxxed/boosted we should have mild illness.

I'm doing just fine.

datlas 01-13-22 08:29 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22372196)
I'm doing just fine.

:bday:

seedsbelize2 01-13-22 08:38 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22372085)
Happy National Rubber Ducky Day!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B8IfCSnYPYo&t=30s

In the days ot balloons made out of rubber, I was famous, in my small circle, for finding their remains out in the woods, sometimes with messages attached. Now I find rubber objects on the ground. Within the year I found a rubber duckie and have it displayed in my art corner.
#FunFact

indyfabz 01-13-22 08:58 AM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22372220)
In the days ot balloons made out of rubber, I was famous, in my small circle, for finding their remains out in the woods, sometimes with messages attached. Now I find rubber objects on the ground. Within the year I found a rubber duckie and have it displayed in my art corner.
#FunFact

I have two at home. They were given as part of gifts at a wedding I went to a long time ago. They rest on a ledge above my bar. Every once in a while the cat knocks them onto the floor just for the hell of it.

Mojo31 01-13-22 08:59 AM

Wife has fever for day 2. Tried another dose of Viagra with no positive outcome. Clinical trial is over.

Mojo31 01-13-22 09:03 AM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22372220)
In the days ot balloons made out of rubber, I was famous, in my small circle, for finding their remains out in the woods, sometimes with messages attached. Now I find rubber objects on the ground. Within the year I found a rubber duckie and have it displayed in my art corner.
#FunFact

There is a segment of Jeepers that name their cars, and write the name on a rubber duck. They keep a stock of the ducks inside the Jeep, and when they meet another Jeeper they exchange ducks. They display the ducks from other Jeepers on their dash board. It's weird.

No, I don't do that, but my wife got a duck from another Jeeper that we met at a lunch place a few years ago. It does not reside on the dash of our Jeep.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:29 PM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.