Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.2 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1249389)

genejockey 04-14-22 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22472303)
They make the hand-held bidets with a mixing valve. But, to use that you have to have a hot and cold water source behind your toilet.

I measured it once. There's about 2 gallons of cold water in the hot water pipe between the water heater and the back bathroom. So, for about a minute, it doesn't matter what the tap is labeled, the water is cold.

genejockey 04-14-22 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22472305)
I just got a 24oz beet and carrot juice, fun toilet bowl colours coming soon.

It's important to remember that you had beets last night, when it's time for your morning reading session.

Mojo31 04-14-22 11:58 AM

Consider a Buy-Sell Agreement to Address Life Changing Events That Will Impact Your B

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22472306)
I measured it once. There's about 2 gallons of cold water in the hot water pipe between the water heater and the back bathroom. So, for about a minute, it doesn't matter what the tap is labeled, the water is cold.

Sounds like you need the seat with the built in water heater then.

WhyFi 04-14-22 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22472285)
Isn't that cold during the winter?

It's easily the lesser of two evils. Besides, the water in the pipes, that are inside of the house, is more or less room temp and it takes a little while for the truly numbingly cold water to work through - good incentive to be quick about it.

datlas 04-14-22 12:00 PM

The bidet I showed you guys is clearly the Saturn of Bidets. Manual, plastic, cheap, and works great. Who needs a blow-dry anyway??

#Wisdom

LAJ 04-14-22 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22472280)
You really need the bidet seat for your terlet. There is even one on sale right now: Kohler Novita BH-90 / 93 Bidet Seat, Kohler Novita Bidet (bidetking.com)

Unfortunately, it only comes in white or I'd be jumping all over it. :rolleyes: Our toilets are bisque. :cry:

That and we don't have an electrical outlet in our "water closet."

Nothing says awesome like a ****ter with turbo clean.

genejockey 04-14-22 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22472312)
Sounds like you need the seat with the built in water heater then.

Which puts together 3 things I am loathe to put together - water, electricity, and my nethers.

Trsnrtr 04-14-22 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22472118)
Another average day
Wordle 299 4/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨
🟨🟨🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Same:

Wordle 299 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
⬜🟨🟨⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WhyFi 04-14-22 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22472301)
Another remote to lose!

In figuring out what I want to do with under cabinet lighting, I've come across a surprising number of options solely controlled via remote or app. For someone that wants a functional kitchen, that strikes me as being dumb.

Mojo31 04-14-22 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22472314)
The bidet I showed you guys is clearly the Saturn of Bidets. Manual, plastic, cheap, and works great. Who needs a blow-dry anyway??

#Wisdom

We won't buy anything other than Charmin, and I love the stuff with the lotion in the paper. No Saturn class stuff it touching my dainty cheeks.

genejockey 04-14-22 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22472313)
It's easily the lesser of two evils. Besides, the water in the pipes, that are inside of the house, is more or less room temp and it takes a little while for the truly numbingly cold water to work through - good incentive to be quick about it.

Hmmmm. Our pipes run in the unheated and uninsulated crawlspace, so they're maybe a little warmer than the ambient temp. Mind you, that's in California, not Minnesota.

WhyFi 04-14-22 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22472321)
We won't buy anything other than Charmin, and I love the stuff with the lotion in the paper. No Saturn class stuff it touching my dainty cheeks.

Compared to a Saturn-class bidet, any kind of TP is a beater bike with DUI bars. :innocent:

:lol:

Trsnrtr 04-14-22 12:07 PM

I have a cycling acquaintance that just retired from Kohler where he was a toilet engineer. :)

genejockey 04-14-22 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22472321)

One of those times when all the TP disappeared from the stores, Mrs. GJ bought a few rolls of the only thing she could find, which turned out to be cheap SINGLE PLY stuff. We keep the last roll of it around, and when we run out of TP because nobody thought to put it on the shopping list, it goes on the TP holder. We call it "The Punishment Roll".

Mojo31 04-14-22 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22472320)
In figuring out what I want to do with under cabinet lighting, I've come across a surprising number of options solely controlled via remote or app. For someone that wants a functional kitchen, that strikes me as being dumb.

Considering the number of high-end electronic devices in our house, we have a remarkably dumb house. No remote control lights, no Alexis, etc. We are pretty much all analogue. Our under cabinet lights are only one color and you turn them on and off with a wall switch.

Mojo31 04-14-22 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22472325)
Compared to a Saturn-class bidet, any kind of TP is a beater bike with DUI bars. :innocent:

:lol:

Call me "Larry", bruv.

genejockey 04-14-22 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22472328)
Considering the number of high-end electronic devices in our house, we have a remarkably dumb house. No remote control lights, no Alexis, etc. We are pretty much all analogue. Our under cabinet lights are only one color and you turn them on and off with a wall switch.

Mrs. GeneJockey and I are dead set against adding any "Smart" technology to the house. We figure if you can turn the heat on and off, or the lights, or unlock the door over the internet, someone else could probably do it as well.

Mojo31 04-14-22 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22472327)
One of those times when all the TP disappeared from the stores, Mrs. GJ bought a few rolls of the only thing she could find, which turned out to be cheap SINGLE PLY stuff. We keep the last roll of it around, and when we run out of TP because nobody thought to put it on the shopping list, it goes on the TP holder. We call it "The Punishment Roll".

My wife is notoriously inefficient at "stocking up" so I have a 6-roll pack hidden just in case.

Trsnrtr 04-14-22 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22472204)
What do you do if it’s green?

A friend of mine has celiac disease and I have a radiation damaged system. Our cycling friends call us "poop detectives."

genejockey 04-14-22 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22472329)
Call me "Larry", bruv.

Seems appropriate, given the plumbing on his bike.

Trsnrtr 04-14-22 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22472332)
My wife is notoriously inefficient at "stocking up" so I have a 6-roll pack hidden just in case.

For the record, I made a special trip yesterday to Costco to buy Charmin.

WhyFi 04-14-22 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22472328)
Our under cabinet lights are only one color and you turn them on and off with a wall switch.

Which is what I want - I have absolutely no desire to faff about when I'm in the kitchen. The only reason that I'll consider color-changing lights is so that I can tune the white balance, I really don't need or want a discotheque scene in there.

genejockey 04-14-22 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22472337)
Which is what I want - I have absolutely no desire to faff about when I'm in the kitchen. The only reason that I'll consider color-changing lights is so that I can tune the white balance, I really don't need or want a discotheque scene in there.

This ain't no party, this ain't no disco. This ain't no fooling around.

Mojo31 04-14-22 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22472337)

We are using all 4000k LEDs in our house. Nice, natural light without being too blue or warm.

WhyFi 04-14-22 12:22 PM

Like yesterday, no riding for me today, either - colder and more windy, than yesterday. I will admit, though, that I looked at the little weather widget on the Intervals calendar, and saw the wind indicating 8.9 with gusts of 15.8 and I briefly thought, "that's not that bad - maybe I should HTFU?"

Then I realized that the accompanying temp was in °C and that this was probably metric, too. Yup - meters per second. A quick conversion gave me 20mph with gusts of 36. Yup, I'll stay my ass inside.