Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=220)
-   -   Putting miles on the new bike. (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1249481)

ZIPP2001 04-02-22 07:09 PM

Putting miles on the new bike.

I bought my Orbea Occam H30 right at the end of last year and only did two rides before winter hit and I was on my studded fat bike. Now winter is gone, and I can get in more rides with the still new bike. Still a little chilly but it only takes about ten minutes and I start to warm up. The region I live in means you're going to spend plenty of time climbing whether on the road or trail bikes. I had such a blast with her and am getting my comfortable with each ride, and I'm looking forward to logging plenty of miles on her.

SteveInConverse 04-02-22 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by ZIPP2001 (Post 22459710)
I bought my Orbea Occam H30 right at the end of last year and only did two rides before winter hit and I was on my studded fat bike. Now winter is gone, and I can get in more rides with the still new bike. Still a little chilly but it only takes about ten minutes and I start to warm up. The region I live in means you're going to spend plenty of time climbing whether on the road or trail bikes. I had such a blast with her and am getting my comfortable with each ride, and I'm looking forward to logging plenty of miles on her.
Orbea Occam H30 / Playing in the woods - YouTube

Congrats and ride as often as you can! Work keeps me pretty busy but I got to do 14 miles Friday and then found the starter on my car seized up and had to be towed lol. Still got my ride in which was the important thing.

classic carl 04-03-22 05:27 AM

The miles add up fast. I bought a new carbon Trek Emonda last fall and put about 450 miles on it in PA before my wife and I left for Florida in mid December. I brought my 20 year old Klein with me and just surpassed 2000 miles since I've been here, including over 1750 already in 2022. We're leaving for PA next week. The carbon wheels I ordered for the new bike arrived last week and I can't wait to get them set-up when I return. It's so flat here in Florida. I'm looking forward to riding the hills in PA.

rumrunn6 04-03-22 06:14 AM

that sunshine looks great! Spring & Summer! wahoo!

ZIPP2001 04-03-22 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by SteveInConverse (Post 22459838)
Congrats and ride as often as you can! Work keeps me pretty busy but I got to do 14 miles Friday and then found the starter on my car seized up and had to be towed lol. Still got my ride in which was the important thing.

Sorry about the car. Work has been busy for me also but the weather has been the biggest interference to my riding. I have to be in the mood to ride in the rain, and with temps still a bit chilly that mood isn't good for wet chilly rides yet.

rsbob 04-03-22 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by ZIPP2001 (Post 22460637)
Sorry about the car. Work has been busy for me also but the weather has been the biggest interference to my riding. I have to be in the mood to ride in the rain, and with temps still a bit chilly that mood isn't good for wet chilly rides yet.

No worries. As I have aged, I have far less inclination to ride in the rain and all that is involved, especially cleaning and oiling the bike after. Must be getting lazy or wiser.