Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

MoAlpha 02-02-22 06:27 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22395446)
There's gotta be another way, man. Sounds like my wife's quandary. She's got glaucoma with declining vision, and one day she'll surely be legally blind. Years ago one doctor did a surgical procedure on one eye which was supposed to help but it just made things worse. Now a different doctor wants to do the same procedure on the other eye, but she's not having that nonsense. So it's just several eye drops 3 times a day for as long as they hold the glaucoma at bay, until the day they don't.


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22395729)
Sorry for your wife. I admit to being a little depressed this afternoon. I canít see much with my bad eye and sometimes I just want to tell the doc that I donít want the eye injections anymore. I feel that heís only prolonging the inevitable.

Sorry for everyone! Ophthalmologists are great and all, but I think theyíre some of the most aggressive surgeons out there.

MoAlpha 02-02-22 06:39 AM

Wordle 228 3/6*

🟨⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟨🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Trsnrtr 02-02-22 06:45 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22395761)
You guys don't know any songs about snow?

We're in snow "school" at there moment. We have 7" so far (as of 6AM) and it's a blizzard out. Should be over 12" before it quits.

Trsnrtr 02-02-22 06:49 AM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22395936)
Wordle 228 5/6

⬛🟩⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩⬛⬛🟨
🟨🟩⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

no bueno

Wordle 228 3/6

🟨⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Bike content: Trainer is in my future.

indyfabz 02-02-22 07:09 AM

lplo

indyfabz 02-02-22 07:15 AM

Almost got 3. Picked the wrong first letter out of two possibilities.

Wordle 228 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

indyfabz 02-02-22 07:28 AM

BTW...R.I.P. Robert Wall:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebri...-arts-26102549

seedsbelize2 02-02-22 07:31 AM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22395969)
We're in snow "school" at there moment. We have 7" so far (as of 6AM) and it's a blizzard out. Should be over 12" before it quits.

No shadow for Phil then, I guess. :bday:

seedsbelize2 02-02-22 08:09 AM

Finally warming up again. 92A forecast high today. No complaints

LAJ 02-02-22 08:26 AM

New Jersey town's famous groundhog Milltown Mel dies days before big event (msn.com)

LAJ 02-02-22 08:26 AM

Wordle 228 2/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Koyote 02-02-22 08:34 AM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22396079)
Wordle 228 2/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

That's sheer luck, but I'd take it.

LAJ 02-02-22 08:52 AM


Originally Posted by Koyote (Post 22396083)
That's sheer luck, but I'd take it.

I use the same starting word each time, and with that, it was a bit more obvious once the light went on. Of course, work is shut down due to snow, so the dogs helped.

WhyFi 02-02-22 08:57 AM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22395672)
What you need is some good rock and roll to get you motivated.
https://youtu.be/lvEmzBYa2j4

Whoa. A Mike Doughty song in Addiction and it wasn't posted by me - crazy.

Koyote 02-02-22 08:57 AM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22396107)
I use the same starting word each time, and with that, it was a bit more obvious once the light went on. Of course, work is shut down due to snow, so the dogs helped.

Same here, but it took me three tries.

Eric F 02-02-22 09:56 AM

Wordle 228 4/6

🟨🟨⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩⬛🟨🟨
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

big john 02-02-22 09:59 AM

Wordle 228 6/6

⬜🟩⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Had 4 letters and it took 3 guesses.

Trsnrtr 02-02-22 10:00 AM

Snow blowing achievement earned. Neighbors all agree that we've received a foot minimum so far.

I'll probably "level up" late afternoon and again in the morning. :rolleyes:

big john 02-02-22 10:04 AM

Tuesday ride leader moved it to Wednesday then cancelled this morning. Kinda worried about him. He said he was sick two weeks ago but I know he was burned out and a little depressed before that. Hasn't been answering calls or e-mails until this week and I thought we could ride and discuss things today but he pulled the plug.

genejockey 02-02-22 10:11 AM

Much better than yesterday's 6/6 embarrassment.

Wordle 228 3/6

⬜⬜🟩🟩⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Eric F 02-02-22 11:43 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22395998)
Almost got 3. Picked the wrong first letter out of two possibilities.

Wordle 228 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Same.

Velo Vol 02-02-22 11:49 AM

Happy Rheumatoid Arthritis Awareness Day :bday:

For those who are unaware, rheumatoid arthritis is bad for cycling, and the doctors who "treat" it (witch doctors) don't have any idea what is going on.

Avoid.

genejockey 02-02-22 12:19 PM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22396203)
Snow blowing achievement earned. Neighbors all agree that we've received a foot minimum so far.

I'll probably "level up" late afternoon and again in the morning. :rolleyes:

Mrs. GeneJockey recently started looking at houses in Buffalo. Buffalo New York. Epicenter of Lake Effect Snow coming off Lake Erie. I asked whether she was TRYING to kill me, make me one of those old guys who pegs out while shoveling snow.

genejockey 02-02-22 12:23 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22396365)
Happy Rheumatoid Arthritis Awareness Day :bday:

For those who are unaware, rheumatoid arthritis is bad for cycling, and the doctors who "treat" it (witch doctors) don't have any idea what is going on.

Avoid.

Yeah, autoimmune disease is difficult, since it's your own body doing it to itself. Cancer is similar, but even more idiosyncratic. Infectious disease is simple by comparison since it's you being attacked by something that's NOT you, so you can attack it through the differences between "you" and "not you". Autoimmunity and cancer, it's the difference between 'you' and 'you'.

Trsnrtr 02-02-22 12:23 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22396365)
Happy Rheumatoid Arthritis Awareness Day :bday:

For those who are unaware, rheumatoid arthritis is bad for cycling, and the doctors who "treat" it (witch doctors) don't have any idea what is going on.

Avoid.

Horrible disease. I feel sorry for everyone in pain.

My father suffered from severe RA and functioned only on Prednisone. My 20 year old grandson was diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis when he was 14 years old.

WhyFi 02-02-22 12:32 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22396365)
Avoid.

Oof - thanks for that bit o' advice! I was considering trying RA on for size, but I guess I'll skip it.

indyfabz 02-02-22 12:37 PM

Funny meme of the day.


https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...4186ba0d6.jpeg

phrantic09 02-02-22 12:42 PM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22395971)
Wordle 228 3/6

🟨⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Bike content: Trainer is in my future.


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22396400)
Horrible disease. I feel sorry for everyone in pain.

My father suffered from severe RA and functioned only on Prednisone. My 20 year old grandson was diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis when he was 14 years old.

My dad has AS, ****** disease

phrantic09 02-02-22 01:20 PM

Rather than ride the trainer today- I started working around 5 so I could theoretically sneak out for a couple of hours in lunch. That ended up being 50 minutes after calls/emails/etc. Iíll take it regardless.

Velo Vol 02-02-22 02:35 PM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22396400)
Horrible disease. I feel sorry for everyone in pain.

My father suffered from severe RA and functioned only on Prednisone. My 20 year old grandson was diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis when he was 14 years old.

As bad as things are now, they used to be worse. I sometimes think how I would have fared 100+ years ago, if I would be able to do anything at all.

The one thing people had going for them back then was that autoimmune diseases weren't as prevalent as they are today.

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22396408)
Oof - thanks for that bit o' advice! I was considering trying RA on for size, but I guess I'll skip it.

You better be nice to me or I might come wipe my germs on your handlebars some time.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:23 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.