Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.2 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1249389)

Mojo31 05-15-22 10:37 AM

Visitor this weekend.


https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...24f435781.jpeg

Bah Humbug 05-15-22 10:44 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22507302)
I'd never heard of Hico 'til I read about the young woman who'd registered for the race got shot where she was staying in Austin.

So sad.

Yeah there was that too. Details were still fuzzy last we heard.

WhyFi 05-15-22 10:50 AM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22507294)
You live in K-Town. There really is nowhere else.

So is that what "K-Hole" refers to? :innocent:

rjones28 05-15-22 10:55 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22507265)
Throw thrifty out the door if getting an Alpha Spyder!

In the mid-to-late 80s base Alfa Romeo Spiders were marketed in the US as the Graduate. ;)

Velo Vol 05-15-22 11:04 AM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22507294)
You live in K-Town. There really is nowhere else.

There's nowhere else as important, but I'm knowledgeable about other places. See MOTD posts.

rjones28 05-15-22 11:09 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22507359)
There's nowhere else as important, but I'm knowledgeable about other places. See MOTD posts.

https://blog.discountasp.net/wp-cont..._That_Word.jpg

WhyFi 05-15-22 11:12 AM

Legos are my son's thing, but I might have to get this one for myself -


WhyFi 05-15-22 11:25 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22507262)
If only I wasnít working.

You'd prolly need 700 miles for the week to take the elevation crown.

Jack Tone 05-15-22 11:33 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22507257)
Big day today for daughter #1.

Hint:


https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...a64f8cba5d.jpg

That was my daughter's favorite car before she was old enough to drive. I think mostly because we loved to say, in a bad Italian accent...Alfa Romeo Spyder Veloce.

Velo Vol 05-15-22 11:36 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22507384)
You'd prolly need 700 miles for the week to take the elevation crown.

Riding to the western part of the state.

LesterOfPuppets 05-15-22 11:39 AM


Originally Posted by Jack Tone (Post 22507391)
That was my daughter's favorite car before she was old enough to drive. I think mostly because we loved to say, in a bad Italian accent...Alfa Romeo Spyder Veloce.

This commercial was in regular rotation when I first moved back to AZ. Alice Cooper excels at bad Italian accents.


Mojo31 05-15-22 11:44 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22507395)
This commercial was in regular rotation when I first moved back to AZ. Alice Cooper excels at bad Italian accents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDn4HmS20rg

They couldnít give those away around here. At one time dealers were advertising $20k off MSRP.

Bah Humbug 05-15-22 11:59 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22507308)
Did you check out the Billy the Kid Museum, Humbug?

Bonnie and Clyde supposedly also spent time there hiding.

No, but one of my routes to Boulder runs through a lot of one of their routes.

Trsnrtr 05-15-22 01:47 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22507257)
Big day today for daughter #1.

Hint:


https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...a64f8cba5d.jpg

I raced with a guy who owned one of those. His was red, too.

Trsnrtr 05-15-22 01:52 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22507345)
In the mid-to-late 80s base Alfa Romeo Spiders were marketed in the US as the Graduate. ;)

My team mate’s AR S was given to him as a high school graduation present, IIRC. It was around 1985.

Bah Humbug 05-15-22 01:55 PM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22507500)
My team mateís AR S was given to him as a high school graduation present, IIRC. It was around 1985.

Like that, it looks like "arse". Can we say arse?

Trsnrtr 05-15-22 01:57 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22507503)
Like that, it looks like "arse". Can we say arse?

Yep, you can even say, ďass.Ē

Trsnrtr 05-15-22 02:02 PM

Hope this isnít too P&R. We started our tandem ride this morning from Ronald Reaganís alma mater, my dadís, too.


https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...0582779ec.jpeg

indyfabz 05-15-22 02:07 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22507373)
Legos are my son's thing, but I might have to get this one for myself -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZK9T39i5RA

I have the Tower Bridge, the Ferris Wheel, the roller coaster and the VW camper van.

LesterOfPuppets 05-15-22 02:09 PM

Shipping news of the day


LAJ 05-15-22 02:28 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22507359)
See MOTD posts.

No

DougRNS 05-15-22 02:29 PM

The mighty Pirates don't need any hits to win the game. It's the 6th time in MLB history a team was no hit but won.
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...513ccb2ee1.jpg

big john 05-15-22 02:32 PM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22507510)
Hope this isnít too P&R. We started our tandem ride this morning from Ronald Reaganís alma mater, my dadís, too.

We used to do a ride up to the Reagan Library, it's about 30 miles from home. I never got on Air Force One, though. It's up there along with some other cool stuff.

The last time I saw my best man before he passed was at the Ronald Reagan Hospital at UCLA. Just another coincidence that occurred.

Ronnie was our governor before he hit the big time. I was never a fan.

Mojo31 05-15-22 02:45 PM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22507500)
My team mateís AR S was given to him as a high school graduation present, IIRC. It was around 1985.

Of course. He graduated.

bampilot06 05-15-22 02:54 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22507384)
You'd prolly need 700 miles for the week to take the elevation crown.


challenge accepted.

LesterOfPuppets 05-15-22 02:54 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22507534)
The mighty Pirates don't need any hits to win the game. It's the 6th time in MLB history a team was no hit but won.
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...513ccb2ee1.jpg

I thought about going to the bar to catch Mariners and Mets, but stayed home instead. Enjoying some US collegiate Rugby.

Harvard vs San Diego in the men's red cup final, woot!!!

datlas 05-15-22 03:06 PM

Hannah’s launched!


https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...2d0ce6f11.jpeg
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...125116275.jpeg

genejockey 05-15-22 03:14 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22507538)
We used to do a ride up to the Reagan Library, it's about 30 miles from home. I never got on Air Force One, though. It's up there along with some other cool stuff.

The last time I saw my best man before he passed was at the Ronald Reagan Hospital at UCLA. Just another coincidence that occurred.

Ronnie was our governor before he hit the big time. I was never a fan.

By the time I got here, we were almost at the end of the FIRST Jerry Brown era.

genejockey 05-15-22 03:35 PM

I spent a bit of time last night, measuring and re-measuring my 5 "modern" bikes (i.e. the ones with STIs/Ergos). Now that I have an Avocet saddle on the Litespeed, I can more easily compare it, because the other 4 have the same saddle. I used a small board, maybe 5" by 10", placed on top of the saddle to standardize the measurements. I started by putting that on the Ritchey and marking the intersection of a line starting at BB center and going along the seat tube. By placing the board in the same place on each saddle, I could now measure saddle height at the same point on all the saddles.

And it turned out that the Litespeed's saddle was about 1cm LOWER than all the others. Also about 1cm farther back. This may explain the mild gluteus medius irritation I felt on Friday - too low and too far back would close down the hip joint. So, 1cm up and 1 cm forward, and it was WAY better. 55 mile ride today with no pain! Just goes to show you, there's a big difference between a fit that "seems okay" and one that's RIGHT.

seedsbelize2 05-15-22 04:33 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22507257)
Big day today for daughter #1.

Hint:


https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...a64f8cba5d.jpg

A graduation gift from her parents?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:29 PM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.