Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.2 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1249389)

Mojo31 04-17-22 07:43 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22475578)
They're going to put another layer on top? I didn't look at it closely. Just rode up the hill far enough to get a decent picture of the carnage. I'm kind of surprised they even did that much, with all the heavy machinery yet to go in and out.

Could be temporary if they will pave with cement. Or, it could be a sub-base.

genejockey 04-17-22 08:07 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22475018)
In other news, my madone sounds like iím sitting in an old rocking chair the whole time I am riding it. If that doesnít do it visually for you, sounds like an old screen door blowing in the wind. A worn out mattress getting used for extracurricular activities. An old warped wooden floor being walked on.

I was going to comment this morning that the Canyon sometimes creaks a little like that, but then on today's ride, it was creaking just like that almost nonstop. Who thought press fit bottom brackets were a good idea?

LesterOfPuppets 04-17-22 08:09 PM

Nice sticker! :)

https://scontent.fphx1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...CQ&oe=6260BC89

Trsnrtr 04-17-22 08:12 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22475578)
They're going to put another layer on top? I didn't look at it closely. Just rode up the hill far enough to get a decent picture of the carnage. I'm kind of surprised they even did that much, with all the heavy machinery yet to go in and out.

If it’s bituminous base course or bituminous aggregate mixture, there would be at least two more lifts to go. It all depends on the design structure which can be accomplished several different ways.

It could also be base course for a concrete street.

Then again, it could be temporary. You’ll just have to keep an eye on it and report back. :)

LesterOfPuppets 04-17-22 08:14 PM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22475598)
If itís bituminous base course or bituminous aggregate mixture, there would be at least two more lifts to go. It all depends on the design structure which can be accomplished several different ways.

I dunno, this is Tennessee we're talking about. Just put in a stop sign and call it good :)

Velo Vol 04-17-22 08:18 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22475600)
I dunno, this is Tennessee we're talking about.

wut's that supposed to mean?

genejockey 04-17-22 08:32 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22475608)
wut's that supposed to mean?

If you have to ask.....

Mojo31 04-17-22 08:44 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22475600)
I dunno, this is Tennessee we're talking about. Just put in a stop sign and call it good :)

Not just good, but progress.

Velo Vol 04-17-22 09:19 PM

Just learned a new skill. :bday:


ls01 04-18-22 04:03 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22474431)
Before todays ride I tightened the rear QR pretty hard, and although I thought I felt occasional tire rub, the wheel stayed centered and the ďtire rubĒ was likely psychosomatic.

get some blue painters tape and put a small square of it inside each stay at the point of "contact". Ride for a while. After you feel there's been an incident, examine the tape. It will show rub marks if your suspicious are correct. That's how I figured out 25mm tires were rubbing the rear stays of Contador.

indyfabz 04-18-22 04:09 AM

I have a case of The Mondays.

Wordle 303 4/6

⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟨🟨🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

LesterOfPuppets 04-18-22 04:12 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22475767)
I have a case of The Mondays.

Happy Easter

https://scontent.fphx1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...Lw&oe=62619ACB

LesterOfPuppets 04-18-22 04:15 AM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22475765)
get some blue painters tape and put a small square of it inside each stay at the point of "contact". Ride for a while. After you feel there's been an incident, examine the tape. It will show rub marks if your suspicious are correct. That's how I figured out 25mm tires were rubbing the rear stays of Contador.

I just ignore it 'til it goes away.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/382/32...fc278b44_c.jpg

ls01 04-18-22 04:21 AM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22475592)
I was going to comment this morning that the Canyon sometimes creaks a little like that, but then on today's ride, it was creaking just like that almost nonstop. Who thought press fit bottom brackets were a good idea?

The manufacturers.

bampilot06 04-18-22 04:23 AM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22475592)
I was going to comment this morning that the Canyon sometimes creaks a little like that, but then on today's ride, it was creaking just like that almost nonstop. Who thought press fit bottom brackets were a good idea?


Not sure mine is threaded.

Bah Humbug 04-18-22 04:50 AM

Wordle 303 3/6

🟨🟨⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

indyfabz 04-18-22 05:31 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22475563)
I canít help you.

No one can.

datlas 04-18-22 05:31 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22475770)
I just ignore it 'til it goes away.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/382/32...fc278b44_c.jpg

I didn't know MickeyD's made bike parts.

ls01 04-18-22 05:33 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22475770)
I just ignore it 'til it goes away.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/382/32...fc278b44_c.jpg

I hear there are company's that can fix that, for a nominal fee. I try to avoid those guys..

datlas 04-18-22 05:33 AM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22475765)
get some blue painters tape and put a small square of it inside each stay at the point of "contact". Ride for a while. After you feel there's been an incident, examine the tape. It will show rub marks if your suspicious are correct. That's how I figured out 25mm tires were rubbing the rear stays of Contador.

Great idea. Will try it.

I do hope it's not real. If it is, I may be stuck with 23mm which is not the end of the world, but I think 25's are ideal for me.

ls01 04-18-22 05:34 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22475767)
I have a case of The Mondays.

Wordle 303 4/6

⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟨🟨🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩


That's too much. A six of Mondays is all anyone needs.... ever.

indyfabz 04-18-22 05:34 AM

Mask mandate back on in the city.

indyfabz 04-18-22 05:39 AM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22475799)
That's too much. A six of Mondays is all anyone needs.... ever.

Mondays Brewing Company is in McMurray, PA.

datlas 04-18-22 05:42 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22475800)
Mask mandate back on in the city.

What about restaurants?? That one has me stumped.

Mojo31 04-18-22 05:47 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22475775)
Not sure mine is threaded.

Trek is.

bampilot06 04-18-22 06:04 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22475804)
Trek is.


2022 madone is threaded the ones before are press fit. One of the reasons I went with it.

rjones28 04-18-22 06:26 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22475661)
Just learned a new skill. :bday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JyenOiUdnM

Does Knoxville even have an airport?

bampilot06 04-18-22 06:28 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22475661)
Just learned a new skill. :bday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JyenOiUdnM


I wonít watch this, Iíve prolly been doing it wrong for years.

I offer free back adjustments on my flights.

rjones28 04-18-22 06:28 AM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22475774)
The manufacturers.

None of my bottom brackets make noise.

bampilot06 04-18-22 06:30 AM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22475829)
None of my bottom brackets make noise.


whatís your secret.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:15 PM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.