Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   General Cycling Discussion (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   How fer did you ride today?! (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1081695)

Kneez 07-27-21 12:40 AM

50km this morning. Felt good.

I'll give it a try again tomorrow morning.

Troul 07-27-21 04:45 AM

45 Miles O.D. with an on route failing BBB.

OldTryGuy 07-27-21 06:12 AM


Originally Posted by Kneez (Post 22159234)
50km this morning. Felt good.


I'll give it a try again tomorrow morning.


Good luck today :thumb:


Yesterday was my 9th Anniversary 100 mile ride for a bicycling friend killed by a semi as he and 2 of his cycling buddies began their last week's worth of riding to Key West, FL that began in Prudhoe Bay, AK.

one4smoke 07-27-21 09:59 PM


Originally Posted by OldTryGuy (Post 22159380)
Good luck today :thumb:


Yesterday was my 9th Anniversary 100 mile ride for a bicycling friend killed by a semi as he and 2 of his cycling buddies began their last week's worth of riding to Key West, FL that began in Prudhoe Bay, AK.

:beer:

one4smoke 07-27-21 10:00 PM

20 miles after work on another scorching day! 🥵

Kneez 07-28-21 12:54 AM

61km this morning at dawn.

Mist on the river.

Mist in the mountains.

Pheasants strutting in the field.

Kneez 07-28-21 01:36 AM


Originally Posted by OldTryGuy (Post 22159380)
Good luck today :thumb:


Yesterday was my 9th Anniversary 100 mile ride for a bicycling friend killed by a semi as he and 2 of his cycling buddies began their last week's worth of riding to Key West, FL that began in Prudhoe Bay, AK.

That is rough. I am sorry

And thank you! I indeed did go out for 61km this morning!

The Chemist 07-28-21 04:27 AM

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...2e5313e381.jpg

Rain from the recent typhoon finally cleared out today, so I got a chance to get out on my recently upgraded Dahon Boardwalk and test out my upgrades. Super happy with the results.

Troul 07-28-21 06:47 AM

40 Miles O.D.

Kneez 07-28-21 06:57 AM


Originally Posted by Troul (Post 22160897)
40 Miles O.D.

Please forgive my ignorance but what does "O.D." mean?

Kneez 07-28-21 06:59 AM


Originally Posted by The Chemist (Post 22160789)
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...2e5313e381.jpg

Rain from the recent typhoon finally cleared out today, so I got a chance to get out on my recently upgraded Dahon Boardwalk and test out my upgrades. Super happy with the results.

Far out. Where are you?

kahn 07-28-21 08:27 AM


Originally Posted by The Chemist (Post 22160789)
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...2e5313e381.jpg

Rain from the recent typhoon finally cleared out today, so I got a chance to get out on my recently upgraded Dahon Boardwalk and test out my upgrades. Super happy with the results.

Thanks for those local pictures. Reminds me of one of my last foreign trips - two weeks in China with the end in Shanghai. That was Oct 2019. Then the Dolomites in Feb 2020. Both China and Italy later to be Covid locales.

Broctoon 07-28-21 11:16 AM

To the "how fer" question, for last night's interval workout I have to answer "only 11 miles." But I averaged 18 mph solo on rolling hills (actually eight times around a 1.4 mile loop that includes two short climbs and descents).

If there were a thread asking how many times I got my heart rate to spike at or near its max, I could proudly say "fifteen!" :thumb:


https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...7ffc3ce0b7.jpg


Tonight I plan to go 22 miles with a group, flat terrain and 20-ish mph.

kahn 07-28-21 12:01 PM

17.5, 775 gain. Hit the local bike shop and ordered a stem to raise my handlebars some more - neck issues can cause vertigo like symptoms.

I wonder if a moderator could fix the two extra phantom pages that show up in this thread? The real last page seems to be 111 but the thread navigation tools show a Page 112 and Page 113. I will report my post to get attention.

cb400bill 07-28-21 01:24 PM


Originally Posted by kahn (Post 22161361)
I wonder if a moderator could fix the two extra phantom pages that show up in this thread? The real last page seems to be 111 but the thread navigation tools show a Page 112 and Page 113. I will report my post to get attention.

This phenomenon is caused by accumulated deleted posts in large threads. We can't adjust for this. We could close this thread and start a new one.

kahn 07-28-21 02:06 PM


Originally Posted by cb400bill (Post 22161517)
This phenomenon is caused by accumulated deleted posts in large threads. We can't adjust for this. We could close this thread and start a new one.

I can live with it. And since no one else mentioned it - not a real problem. Thanks for the reply.

Troul 07-28-21 02:26 PM


Originally Posted by kahn (Post 22161579)
I can live with it. And since no one else mentioned it - not a real problem. Thanks for the reply.

it's like Fight Club, you do not talk about thread page offsets, nobody talks about thread page offsets.

The Chemist 07-28-21 06:18 PM


Originally Posted by Kneez (Post 22160919)
Far out. Where are you?

I live in Shanghai.

Kneez 07-28-21 09:14 PM


Originally Posted by The Chemist (Post 22161927)
I live in Shanghai.

Very nice!

Kneez 07-28-21 09:15 PM

50km this morning.

I can report that the fertilizer in the fields is quite ripe.

one4smoke 07-28-21 09:51 PM


Originally Posted by cb400bill (Post 22161517)
This phenomenon is caused by accumulated deleted posts in large threads. We can't adjust for this. We could close this thread and start a new one.

Yeah, I noticed my thread has 2844 replies, but currently the last one shows at only number 2758. Just curious, but why are there deleted posts? I can't ever recall any shenanigans on here requiring a post to be deleted.

one4smoke 07-28-21 09:52 PM

22 miles on another scorching day.

jaxgtr 07-28-21 09:59 PM

Monday, 19 and 1256 ft of climbing on trainer
Tuesday, 15.5 and 2250 ft of climbing on the trainer
Wednesday, 22 and 600 ft of climbing on the trainer

This is a lot of climbing for a flat lander...

ooga-booga 07-29-21 02:29 AM


Originally Posted by one4smoke (Post 22162173)
Yeah, I noticed my thread has 2844 replies, but currently the last one shows at only number 2758. Just curious, but why are there deleted posts? I can't ever recall any shenanigans on here requiring a post to be deleted.

haven't seen it on bf in a while but i recall a late night or two a few years ago where there were dozens of gibberish, spam posts affecting multiple forums/threads.
likely cleaned up before many browsed this way that day. don't think it's because billy got brusque...

Chandne 07-29-21 09:44 AM

55 miles and almost 6,500 ft of elevation gain starting from 8,000 ft to 13,000 ft, Beautiful but I could feel the thin air after 12K.
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...e490e1d1c5.jpg
Just another day....


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:12 AM.


Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.