Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Professional Cycling For the Fans (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   time for fantasy giro d'italia! (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1061428)

Gallo 05-24-16 07:19 AM

theyre not wasting time fireworks on the first climb

dstrong 05-26-16 01:16 PM

So far, I'm performing as poorly as I expected. At least I'm competing for the Lantern Rouge (or whatever the Italian term is for DFL).

diphthong 05-27-16 01:42 AM

^maglia nera?

Gallo 05-27-16 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by ooga-booga (Post 18800677)
^maglia nera?

Giovanni Pinarello won the magila nera one year. His team did not want the jersey on one of its riders on the Giro and paid Giovanni not to race and hired a new rider. Giovanni took that modest amount of money and opened a little bike shop in Treviso called Cicli Pinarello

slcbob 05-27-16 08:44 AM

So much for my bevvy of GC riders giving me some love in the last week. TTFN, Zakarin. Get well, Rigoberto. Little Domenico, oh well. But maybe I'll get the maglia rosa with Chavito. Along with most of you.

diphthong 05-27-16 11:15 AM

little barnburner of a stage today, eh?
maņana looks to promise more fireworks.

cthenn 05-27-16 11:56 AM

Hilarious! Nibali today would make 2006 Landis blush. Cycling is such a farce, it's basically the WWE. This is why I only watch the Classics season races now...GT racing is so over the top now, it's a joke, and doesn't even pretend to be legitimate.

diphthong 05-27-16 12:57 PM

well...this is a fantasy giro thread after all...:crash:

diphthong 05-27-16 01:31 PM

looks like we are primed to have a change at the top of the fantasy leaderboard. those of you with any combo of nibali, valverde, nizzolo and modolo
are sitting pretty for the remaining two stages. with only 4 remaining riders pulling in points and no reasonable chance of contesting the last sprint stage,
i'm forced to pray for a roche or visconti or majka win on stage 20 along with a nibali and/or valverde bad day and corresponding drop in the gc (or abandon).
getting ready to be overtaken in the final 200 meters.

slcbob 05-27-16 06:07 PM

I wish George would update things at Velogames so I can see how good or bad it is. Still on stage 17 there, I think. I hope he hasn't fallen off his bike.

sprince 05-28-16 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by ooga-booga (Post 18791478)
i'll stick with nibbles, majka and chaves

Not too far off.

if kruijswijk can keep riding as strongly as he has w/o a bad day/mechanical/crash...

Everyone has one bad day, Kruijswijk's was really bad.

as much as i would like to see an attacking alliance form with the other contenders vs the pink jersey

The Uran/Chaves alliance for the pink was looking good there for a while, makes me question Uran's lack of effort for himself on all the other days.

Gallo 05-29-16 09:20 AM

another great giro

diphthong 05-29-16 12:34 PM

congrats to Canam73 on taking the first gt of the year! that's a heavy trophy!

canam73 05-29-16 02:38 PM

Thanks.

I had good luck in that the only riders I had drop (Hesjedal and Dumoulin) also seemed to be on everybody elses roster. Usually I end up with about 5 guys finishing.

slcbob 05-30-16 04:06 AM

Has the fat lady sung yet? Last tweet is that it is scored through stage 20. As Nibali told Kruiswicjk and Chaves, it ain't over until it's over. Ha ha. But it's over for me!

diphthong 05-30-16 04:24 AM

no pressure on Canam 73 but fancy doing the fantasy gt triple crown? see y'all for the tour de france.

slcbob 05-31-16 05:15 AM

I would have rather had a Kruijswijk / ooga-booga style fall from grace than my unremarkable mid-peloton finish. I must follow the advice of those two great Germans, Rommel and Voigt, and ATTACK! If only I knew what that looked like in Velogames. ;)

Well won to the winners and well played by the players.

It was quite a tumultuous Giro. Shocking to me to see the huge point totals across the board. The guy who won the whole thing scored more than twice my middle-of-the-pack total (8642 vs 4305), and our fearless leader The Bounty only just barely sailed into the top 20% overall (19.7%).