Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

datlas 05-23-20 11:21 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21492622)
One thing I learned from YouTube last niight is that there's an Everesting Hall of Fame that records the first person to everest on a given climb

https://everesting.cc/hall-of-fame/#/ride

Do you have to pay an annual membership fee to see beyond the top 10?

ericy 05-23-20 11:24 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21492620)
While riding my bike solo and maintaining social distance. No.

That's about where I am. Although I would admit that wearing a mask reduces the chances of inhaling bugs, so there is that.

WhyFi 05-23-20 11:24 AM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 21492523)
Indeed. Some YouTube set of stairs became famous, so they came from Louisiana to do their trick. Start to finish stupid.

That voice though....

Actually, after a little poking around, that looks like it might be the El Toro 20, a staircase in CA that's famous in the BMX world. Traveling from LA isn't so outlandish in that case.

rjones28 05-23-20 11:31 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21492263)
Whoa, that's a healthy neat double there.

It's not a big glass. There's about 2 oz. there.

Velo Vol 05-23-20 11:31 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21492620)
While riding my bike solo and maintaining social distance. No.

You must have wider MUPs than ones here, because one could certainly expel viruses the width of our MUPs.

LesterOfPuppets 05-23-20 11:36 AM


Originally Posted by ericy (Post 21492633)
That's about where I am. Although I would admit that wearing a mask reduces the chances of inhaling bugs, so there is that.

I've only consumed one bug so far this year! :bday:

LesterOfPuppets 05-23-20 11:37 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21492622)
One thing I learned from YouTube last niight is that there's an Everesting Hall of Fame that records the first person to everest on a given climb

https://everesting.cc/hall-of-fame/#/ride

So do you have any Everesting aspirations yet>?

rjones28 05-23-20 11:39 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21492592)
<===Walks down stairs

Same

LesterOfPuppets 05-23-20 11:42 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21492592)
<===Walks down stairs


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21492665)
Same

If I'm on a MTB I usually don't


Velo Vol 05-23-20 11:45 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 21492661)
So do you have any Everesting aspirations yet>?

I did a browser search on the page for any in Tennessee, and none turned up. Lots of possibilities!

Trsnrtr 05-23-20 11:54 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 21492403)
He better not come to the city. Mask wearing seems to be decreasing exponentially every day. And Iím not just talking about people exercising.

Same here.

Trsnrtr 05-23-20 12:01 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21492458)
Might I ask which pancake compressor?

Mineis a Bostitch 2.6 cfm,6 gal., 150 PSI that I bought at Harbor Freight. I'm guessing between $125 and $150.

I usually try to seat the beads first with a valve adaptor and if that doesn't work, then I pull the core and try again. My latest tires are Giant Gavia AC 0 and i didn't even soap the beads or have to pull the cores except to put sealant in. Same with some Vittorria Terreno gravel tires that I installed a few weeks ago.

Like I said, I had to let my LBS pop a Schwalbe Pro One on a couple years ago before I bought the compressor.

Velo Vol 05-23-20 12:03 PM

seedsbelize


Trsnrtr 05-23-20 12:06 PM

My wife and I did a short leg-resting ride and no sooner got in when the heavens opened up and we're in the middle of a tornado watch.

Never got hit by a drop of rain. :bday:

BillyD 05-23-20 12:22 PM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 21492523)
Indeed. Some YouTube set of stairs became famous, so they came from Louisiana to do their trick. Start to finish stupid.

That voice though....

ikr lol

BillyD 05-23-20 12:25 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 21492589)
While re-installing a headbadge a few months ago, I dropped one of the screws three times, and found it almost immediately each time. God was smiling on me.

Problem is you've up all your good luck for lord knows how long.

Bah Humbug 05-23-20 12:27 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21492704)

Same thing happened with chicks.

indyfabz 05-23-20 01:28 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21492647)
It's not a big glass. There's about 2 oz. there.

Thatís what I thought. It looks narrow.

indyfabz 05-23-20 01:29 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21492704)

Youíre in high demand.

Velo Vol 05-23-20 01:33 PM


DougRNS 05-23-20 02:01 PM

I took yesterday off to do yard work and did more yard work today. the yard work to cycling ratio is about 1 to 1.
F that noise.

The year without summer is heating up.
#NotAsYoungAsIUsedToBe
#StillAwesome
#JustNotAsAwesome

indyfabz 05-23-20 02:56 PM

Iím gonna praise you like I should.


https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...0b04ec4c3.jpeg

rjones28 05-23-20 03:01 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21492665)
Same

Usually

rjones28 05-23-20 03:05 PM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 21492706)
My wife and I did a short leg-resting ride and no sooner got in when the heavens opened up and we're in the middle of a tornado watch.

Never got hit by a drop of rain. :bday:

Nice

Velo Vol 05-23-20 03:33 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 21492882)

We know.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:38 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.