Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

Bah Humbug 06-05-20 04:46 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 21517401)
Youíve never watched the film ďContagionĒ? Good film, and topical.

Hmm, no. I did see Outbreak, but that's older.

seedsbelize 06-05-20 04:50 PM

Sunshine coming through the window!

big john 06-05-20 04:52 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21517223)
A couple weeks from now when we're all dialing up our car heaters to stay warm, remember that Velo Vol called it.

Today we had our first day of the so-called "June gloom", when the marine layer hangs around all day. I love it because it's cooler and I hate the summer. I don't hate it as much now that I'm not working and if we had a decent a/c at the house that would be even better.

bampilot06 06-05-20 05:00 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21517242)
They are closed spaces full of people without masks. Dirty surfaces don't really concern me.

On my aircraft everyone has a mask on. I canít speak for other airlines.

bampilot06 06-05-20 05:02 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21517285)
They all say they are, but compliance is poor and there is no enforcement.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/04/t...?smid=em-share


Again I canít speak for delta or southwest, but we require a mask, and must be worn unless they have a health issue where a mask cannot be worn. I personally have not had a single passenger not comply with this. Nor have I seen a passenger without a mask on when I commute.

bampilot06 06-05-20 05:03 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21517423)
Hmm, no. I did see Outbreak, but that's older.


Good film, seemed like we had a better plan in 1995 then we do today.

seedsbelize 06-05-20 05:27 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 21517406)
I remember that from high school, around 1969-70. I was at a school which was 45% Latino.

#outoftheloop

Velo Vol 06-05-20 05:27 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 21517430)
I hate the summer

wut

Velo Vol 06-05-20 05:40 PM


indyfabz 06-05-20 05:45 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21517499)

Loved him as the T-1000 in Terminator 2.

big john 06-05-20 05:47 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21517485)
wut

Working on cars when it's over 100, cycling over 100, sweating while trying to sleep. Getting all sweaty any time I leave the house, even just going to the store.
Yeah, hot weather sucks. It changes everything.

indyfabz 06-05-20 05:48 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21517449)
Good film, seemed like we had a better plan in 1995 then we do today.

The ultimate plan in Outbreak was to incinerate an entire town. Cuba and Dustin saved the day. Donald played a great as*****.

Bah Humbug 06-05-20 05:49 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21517449)
Good film, seemed like we had a better plan in 1995 then we do today.

Oh the comments I could make...

bampilot06 06-05-20 06:36 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 21517509)
The ultimate plan in Outbreak was to incinerate an entire town. Cuba and Dustin saved the day. Donald played a great as*****.


minor details. I was more referring to the beginning. They quarantined the town relatively quickly.

Velo Vol 06-05-20 06:47 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 21517508)
Working on cars when it's over 100, cycling over 100, sweating while trying to sleep. Getting all sweaty any time I leave the house, even just going to the store.
Yeah, hot weather sucks. It changes everything.

Now do winter.

Bah Humbug 06-05-20 06:50 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 21517508)
Working on cars when it's over 100, cycling over 100, sweating while trying to sleep. Getting all sweaty any time I leave the house, even just going to the store.
Yeah, hot weather sucks. It changes everything.

Better than scraping ice off your car in pitch black at 6am in 12" of snow and -2* to get to work. Eff. That. Noise.

seedsbelize 06-05-20 06:56 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21517499)

People have not yet come to the realization that there are cameras. Everywhere. The Minneapolis police did not, the riot police do not, and this unfortunate soul did not.

big john 06-05-20 06:58 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21517590)
Now do winter.

What's that? We don't have that here.

big john 06-05-20 07:02 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21517594)
Better than scraping ice off your car in pitch black at 6am in 12" of snow and -2* to get to work. Eff. That. Noise.

I lived in the mountains for 4 years and did that. It did get to zero a few times and I used studded tires and 4x4, the whole bit. I loved living there and want to move back, especially now that I don't work and wouldn't need to commute.

MoAlpha 06-05-20 07:20 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21517448)
Again I canít speak for delta or southwest, but we require a mask, and must be worn unless they have a health issue where a mask cannot be worn. I personally have not had a single passenger not comply with this. Nor have I seen a passenger without a mask on when I commute.

That's very good to hear.

LAJ 06-05-20 07:21 PM

Winter is part of living in paradise.

rjones28 06-05-20 07:21 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21517143)
An aberration.

It was like 90 here today.

WhyFi 06-05-20 07:23 PM

So, Bah Humbug, though I thought that I was settled on getting a TF Maboroshi, I now find myself sorely tempted to pick up one of the new Konosuke Fujiyama FMs -


(IG embed because I know that the tagging is busted and it's more likely to get your attention)

WhyFi 06-05-20 07:26 PM

Also, I love how the new sharpener, Myojin Naohito, looks like he just stepped out of a Final Fantasy game.

MoAlpha 06-05-20 07:27 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 21517598)
People have not yet come to the realization that there are cameras. Everywhere. The Minneapolis police did not, the riot police do not, and this unfortunate soul did not.

I am continually amazed at this, but this fool saw the camera and was in such a blinding fury that the inevitable consequences meant nothing to him. It's a level of dumbass beyond even the insufferable woman in the Central Park Ramble!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:22 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.