Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

Velo Vol 02-13-22 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22408252)
Is pregame really starting right now?

Nope.

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22408283)
Last year, according to Strava.

Were it not for your dog walks, I bet you would have avoided the snow like everyone else this winter.

Trsnrtr 02-13-22 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22408439)
40 years ago, if you had told me I could have an ergometer at home…with a massively multi-player video game built in, I would have plotzed!

It is amazing when you think back. Even 6 years ago, Zwift was a shell of what it is today and the feed back feeling was clunky. FFW to today and the feel is greatly improved and the numbers look good and believable. I did a FulGaz ride in Australia today and the feeling really was close to what I would expect on the road.

MoAlpha 02-13-22 03:25 PM

I may detest the Chinese regime, but the NFL is a whole lot easier to boycott.

seedsbelize2 02-13-22 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22408252)
Is pregame really starting right now?

#stoptheinsanity

Rich Eisen said he would be in the studio for 8.5 hours today. Beginning at 9 AM. Prolly West coast time.

datlas 02-13-22 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22408253)
Do not eat eggplant. Will only consume at a party with no other options because I'm starving.

I consumed eggplant last night in the form of bangan bhartha (Indian eggplant curry extraordinaire). It was most excellent.

rjones28 02-13-22 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22408461)
Nope.

Were it not for your dog walks, I bet you would have avoided the snow like everyone else this winter.

Nope.

genejockey 02-13-22 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22408253)
Do not eat eggplant. Will only consume at a party with no other options because I'm starving.

I'll have yours, then. Grilled, fried, Parm'ed, Baba'd, Bengan Barta'd, Chinese style with garlic sauce - I love it.

genejockey 02-13-22 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22408309)
Possibly more interesting than the intended result. Cut them in half the long way and score the cut side with a knife next time.

"...next time"

This was about 25 years ago, so 'next time' has come and gone long since. 'Next time' I stabbed it a few times. It was delightfully soft and made excellent baba. It was less entertaining, of course.

genejockey 02-13-22 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22408439)
40 years ago, if you had told me I could have an ergometer at home…with a massively multi-player video game built in, I would have plotzed!

Whereas I'd have said, "What's an ergometer, and why do I want one in my home? And what in hell is a 'massively multi-player video game'?", because I'd be imagining Missile Command or Battle Zone.

seedsbelize2 02-13-22 04:58 PM

I patched seven tubes today. Six are currently holding air(leaving them overnight). Four were unworthy from the start. Considering how pitifully little riding I've done of late, that must've been years worth of tubes

seedsbelize2 02-13-22 05:01 PM

When I went to look up kickoff time, earlier, I stumbled upon a betting site. Millions are being bet on the coin toss. Good odds.

BillyD 02-13-22 05:30 PM

Al Michaels stinks, just saying, before the game even starts.

Velo Vol 02-13-22 05:55 PM

Someone's missing out.

seedsbelize2 02-13-22 09:30 PM

I did not ride today. It rained.

genejockey 02-13-22 09:43 PM

This year I continued a long tradition of not watching the Super Bowl. Instead, I took a nap, shopped for food, and in honor of it being in the 70s today, grilled burgers and dogs. Hot dogs, that is, not any actual dogs. Pre-Covid, we'd have gone to the Mall to enjoy the quiet, or Costco.

BUT, before not watching the Super Bowl and not going to Costco, I had a nice ride in the lovely, short-sleeve-jersey temps. I rode the Litespeed, which was just great. At one point, I noticed a rubbing sound. It was in time with pedaling, no matter what gear, but went away when I stood up. Turns out it was the legs of my shorts, rubbing on the nose of the saddle.

Velo Vol 02-13-22 10:04 PM

Monobob gold and silver. :bday:

indyfabz 02-13-22 10:20 PM

My baba was well received.

phrantic09 02-14-22 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22408773)
This year I continued a long tradition of not watching the Super Bowl. Instead, I took a nap, shopped for food, and in honor of it being in the 70s today, grilled burgers and dogs. Hot dogs, that is, not any actual dogs. Pre-Covid, we'd have gone to the Mall to enjoy the quiet, or Costco.

BUT, before not watching the Super Bowl and not going to Costco, I had a nice ride in the lovely, short-sleeve-jersey temps. I rode the Litespeed, which was just great. At one point, I noticed a rubbing sound. It was in time with pedaling, no matter what gear, but went away when I stood up. Turns out it was the legs of my shorts, rubbing on the nose of the saddle.

Also did not watch the Super Bowl. Had a nice short ride in a little bit of wind, watched some junk on Netflix and hiked with my kids.

phrantic09 02-14-22 05:02 AM

Tough one today
Wordle 240 5/6

⬛⬛⬛🟨⬛
🟨⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟨🟩⬛⬛
🟨⬛🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Trsnrtr 02-14-22 06:51 AM

“True love is someone picking up your dropped towel and re-positioning your fan when you're on the turbo” :love:

-from Wiggle on Twitter this morning.

indyfabz 02-14-22 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22408951)
Tough one today
Wordle 240 5/6

⬛⬛⬛🟨⬛
🟨⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟨🟩⬛⬛
🟨⬛🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 240 3/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨
⬜🟩🟩🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

BillyD 02-14-22 07:18 AM

I definitely DID watch the super bowl last night, as always. Decent game, my team lost but they made a wonderful showing considering they finished dead last in the regular season just 2 years ago.

The commercials were aaiight, just one got more than a chuckle out of me. Enjoyed the halftime show of semi-oldskool hip hop as well. ;)

BillyD 02-14-22 07:21 AM

Now for the most boring part of the sports year, the month without football and before March Madness begins. At least we have next week’s NBA all star game to hold us over. ;)

WhyFi 02-14-22 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22408996)
“True love is someone picking up your dropped towel and re-positioning your fan when you're on the turbo” :love:

-from Wiggle on Twitter this morning.

Ha. My non-riding wife doesn't understand such things.

A couple of months ago, I was in the middle of a hard effort on the trainer and my wife stepped in to the doorway to ask me something, which put her about a foot behind the fan. I was really focused on pedaling angry, and I would normally ignore all the but most insistent demands of attention... but she so dramatically cut off my oxygen that that wasn't an option. I have no idea of what she asked me, but all she got in response was a snarled, "MOVE!"

Later, when the human part of my brain was working again, I apologized and explained. :o

I'm pretty sure that I don't have to worry about it happening again, though. :lol:​​​​​​​

Velo Vol 02-14-22 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22409015)
Now for the most boring part of the sports year

Nope, that's the summer.