Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

BillyD 02-15-22 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Jack Tone (Post 22410497)
I had a mild Covid case when it came out, and lost half my strength and endurance and it never came back.

This is why I do everything necessary to avoid that thing. I can't afford to lose half of the little I've got.

ls01 02-15-22 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22410463)
You mean, she thought it was a BAD thing?

yes, she said out loud " I don't like that", it was 42 last year lol

ls01 02-15-22 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22410468)
Kudos. Do NOT let them tell you that you need a pacemaker. Just say no.

My Dr. Understands. My original Dr. at this clinic is an iron man. He left to run the hospital. My new Dr.. used to run the hospital, they switched jobs. I was the subject of a couple of conversations. Due to their switching happened around my getting hit by the car in '17.

genejockey 02-15-22 03:13 PM

Is it LPLO when I click on "First Unread" and it takes me to the top of the next-to-last page, and when I drag the scroll bar to the bottom of the page, and it bounces back up a little, and then I can see the last few comments, but if I go back to the Road Subforum page, it still has it bolded like I haven't visited the page?

genejockey 02-15-22 03:14 PM

The Younger Boy's new gaming computer is all ready to go, except the CPU, which is still in transit.

I see him shiver with antici....

indyfabz 02-15-22 03:45 PM

Man is apparently stabbed in a Wawa parking lot, goes in the store to order food and is later found dead in his car still in the lot. *smh*

Velo Vol 02-15-22 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22410455)
Yes. I can ride both to the local downtown and to Our Nation's Capital, easily and (by US standards) safely.

Do a ride around the Mall and take pictures like a rank tourist. Get a snap of your bike in front of the White House. Post and you'll earn a coveted Velo Vol kudos.

Velo Vol 02-15-22 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Jack Tone (Post 22410497)
I walked an average of 15 miles a day as a mailman. My heart rate was in the 40's.

Kudos. Did you Strava it? You'd be atop the walking leaderboard, if walking counted.

Velo Vol 02-15-22 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22410663)
Man is apparently stabbed in a Wawa parking lot, goes in the store to order food and is later found dead in his car still in the lot. *smh*

wut

He was stabbed, and nonetheless went in for food instead of seeking medical care?

MoAlpha 02-15-22 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22410663)

It was probably the “Italian” sub. You know, the died with/died from thing.

Jack Tone 02-15-22 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22410682)
Kudos. Did you Strava it? You'd be atop the walking leaderboard, if walking counted.

No Strava, but I did record on Fitbit. My record for one day was 46000 steps.

Velo Vol 02-15-22 04:31 PM

RIP PJ O’Rourke.

MoAlpha 02-15-22 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22410681)
Do a ride around the Mall and take pictures like a rank tourist. Get a snap of your bike in front of the White House. Post and you'll earn a coveted Velo Vol kudos.

Thanks, but my neighborís wife is an easier get.

datlas 02-15-22 05:36 PM

I was very frustrated with wordle today. I asked mrs datlas if it was a well known word. She said yes.

I finally got it on 6th try and told her it’s a very obscure word. She said wut

Turns out the NYT wordle site is not the same solution as the original wordle site. Today, the NYT solution was easy and the powerlanguage site solution was not so easy.

datlas 02-15-22 05:41 PM

Mrs datlas seems quite taken by a show called “The Gilded Age.”

I find the opulence and ostentation as depicted in the show to be very distasteful. Not going to waste my time with it.

phrantic09 02-15-22 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22410747)
Mrs datlas seems quite taken by a show called ďThe Gilded Age.Ē

I find the opulence and ostentation as depicted in the show to be very distasteful. Not going to waste my time with it.

A bunch of people I know are into it because they filmed a lot of the outdoor scenes in Troy.

Mojo31 02-15-22 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22410707)

Pictures, and we'll decide if it's a better get.

datlas 02-15-22 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22410707)

Is this the one who lives in the huge place next door??

MoAlpha 02-15-22 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22410763)
Is this the one who lives in the huge place next door??

No. The coveted one is across the street.

Eric F 02-15-22 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22410747)
Mrs datlas seems quite taken by a show called ďThe Gilded Age.Ē

My wife is also watching. This is on the list of shows she enjoys where I pick up my laptop and find something else to pay attention to.

MoAlpha 02-15-22 06:35 PM

Daughter just bought her brand new, sky blue, AWD, Hyundai Kona. We gave her a down payment and let her leverage 2/3 of it herself.

She went to college on my GI bill benefits and got funding for grad school, but she’s still an expensive little project. :love:

phrantic09 02-15-22 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22410788)
Daughter just bought her brand new, sky blue, AWD, Hyundai Kona. We gave her a down payment and let her leverage 2/3 of it herself.

She went to college on my GI bill benefits and got funding for grad school, but sheís still an expensive little project. :love:

I canít even imagine how expensive itís going to get. One lucky thing is my employer actually covers a decent amount of tuition for dependents because weíre academically owned. So if I stay that long, itíll be nice.

MoAlpha 02-15-22 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22410802)
I canít even imagine how expensive itís going to get. One lucky thing is my employer actually covers a decent amount of tuition for dependents because weíre academically owned. So if I stay that long, itíll be nice.

Thatís a great benefit. I got free and tax free medical school through my father who was faculty. Thus is privilege maintained.

phrantic09 02-15-22 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22410811)
Thatís a great benefit. I got free and tax free medical school through my father who was faculty. Thus is privilege maintained.

Itís pretty nice. Itís not a ton of money, but sweetened the deal in deciding to come to work here. I considered leveraging the benefits for an MBA, but Iím knocking on 42 and donít really have the time. Iím also in a fairly good place career wise where I doubt lack of an MBA will set me back.

MoAlpha 02-15-22 07:13 PM

Ahhhh, when was the last time you suckiz saw “leverage” used correctly as a verb twice in one thread?

Somebody tell Bah Humbug !